Regent Square: Mixed-Use On Allen Parkway At Dunlavy St.

Travel_n_Transport

3 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

Phase II is Phase II of the portion of the project called the Sovereign.  Ziegler has a map of its version of the master plan for the Regent Square project that features the tower we know as "The Sovereign" with a label of "Phase I" next to it.  A label of "Phase II" is next to a structure just to the south of it.  The image of such is to the right of the map below:

Regent-Square-Rendered-Site-Plan-UPDATE-940x626.jpg

Truly, this will take a century to complete.

1 hour ago, Dakota79 said:

Off the topic, but I don't see a thread anywhere. How tall of a building do you think Hines will do on the corner of D'Amico and Waugh across form Whole Foods.  We all know Hines doesn't mess around.

I’d say around 30 floors.  The Southmore is around 27.  Aris Market Square is 32.  I think La Colombe d’Or will be 33 or so.  That seems to be their sweet spot in Houston.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I drive by the Regent Square sales office on Dunlavy coming home from work and there continues to be cars in the parking lot (usually 2-3).  There must be some reason these people are showing up for work but there has literally been no perceivable progress at the Regent Square site.

There HAS been quite a bit of maintenance going on at the Allen House apartments (owned by developer and supposed to be torn down as part of Regent Square plan).  So it looks to me like that they are retrenching on the Allen House (continue the covered land play).  Maybe Allen House will be the last part to be redeveloped (assuming any additional development ever happens).

14 hours ago, gregpet said:

I drive by the Regent Square sales office on Dunlavy coming home from work and there continues to be cars in the parking lot (usually 2-3).  There must be some reason these people are showing up for work but there has literally been no perceivable progress at the Regent Square site.

There HAS been quite a bit of maintenance going on at the Allen House apartments (owned by developer and supposed to be torn down as part of Regent Square plan).  So it looks to me like that they are retrenching on the Allen House (continue the covered land play).  Maybe Allen House will be the last part to be redeveloped (assuming any additional development ever happens).

I am pretty sure Allen House can't be touched. Low income housing and historical.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Clifton said:

http://realtynewsreport.com/2018/10/16/hanover-acquires-buffalo-bayou-tract-for-30-6-million-for-high-rise/

Interesting that Hanover purchased this and not the regent square developers....

Not really. Regent Square developers have enough on their plate. Maybe if Regent Square was fully built already, I could see them buying this land. In the meantime, they need to work on the vacant land they have sitting there.

2 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

From what I am hearing, Hanover is planning a project that is close to the scale of Regent Square.  We shall see, but certainly adds pressure to GID.

Wouldnt they have to buy more land? This site isn’t near as big as Regent Square. Some of the adjacent land is for sale though.

It sure looks that way. If Hanover could buy out Regent Squares holding's or even some of them they could develop a major mixed use development. 

I have a friend who was very involved with this project at one time and he became very frustrated with the developers on and off again approach.

If nothing else they definitely put together an interesting tract of land in a high profile location situated off Buffalo Bayou between River Oaks and Downtown.

It will be interesting to see what becomes of this parcel.

Hines bought a piece off Waugh too across from Wholefoods, very near this area. All the movers and shakers moving in. Maybe to put the pressure on GID or steal their thunder. Maybe both. I would say these acquisitions and proposed projects for these parcels will bring the pressure on GID. 

6 minutes ago, Clifton said:

Hines bought a piece off Waugh too across from Wholefoods, very near this area. All the movers and shakers moving in. Maybe to put the pressure on GID or steal their thunder. Maybe both. I would say these acquisitions and proposed projects for these parcels will bring the pressure on GID. 

It will be interesting to see over time how this area evolves as compared with Midtown. Midtown offers the advantage of a street grid enabling walkability and urbanity, as well as mass transit and proximity to downtown and cultural institutions. This area offers the bayou park, proximity to high end retail, and perceived lack of crime/insulation from "people who don't look like you." One can hope that Regents Square will come along and tie the area together into something with a focus, a sense of place, instead of a forbidding chaos of unwalkable blocks.

Edited by H-Town Man

If I were to guess, I think that is exactly where the City Planners and Regent Square developers want for this area. Highly dense with high end condos, apartments, townhomes and luxury stores between River Oaks and Downtown along the bayou. Everywhere else is just apartments along the bayou. With Hines and Hanover moving in too literally next door, things could get real interesting for this area. Guess time will tell..

We have our share of what some people would

consider “people who don’t look like me” around here. Almost all of them are harmless. There’s very little crime. There is a guy who lives in the College Park Cemetary but he’s quiet and keeps to himself. I say hi but he doesn’t say much. There’s also the person I’ve named the “College Park Cemetery Weirdo”. Not sure what he’s up

to but he kneels on the shell road for hours at a time facing North towards the bayou. The kids who walk through the neighborhood to go to MHMR are very nice. One was digging through my garbage once and was terrified when he saw me. He apologized profusely. The cemetary really is the best thing about the area. It’s facinating to walk through and like having a private park.

Sorry guys, this thread keeps getting bumped yet there hasn’t been any actual update in years, therefore I’m locking this one in the meantime. Once we get an update it’ll be reopened.

Anything regarding Hanover’s project please post here: https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/44432-3540-w-dallas-st-planned-mixed-use-by-hanover/

• The topic was unlocked

I'm reopening this thread. It appears the Regent Square project is dead. After having that discussion in the Hanover thread, decided to do some searching. The Regent Square site no longer even shows the renderings or project layout and the sales/marketing information is gone. The site simply redirects to GID's development page.

https://www.gid.com/our-capabilities/development

• Sad 1