It's like torture.

Being a football fan from Houston is like being tested by God. I know it's only a game but sometimes I think that when it comes to football this city is cursed.

It's not enough having a very bad team. No, Houston must have the worst team in the NFL. And not just a few bad seasons. No, it must be season after season for decades. And not just one lame, badly managed, badly coached, and badly operated team, but two, one right after the next. And what is the reward for paying attention and becoming a team supporter while the rest of the nation is laughing - they move to another city, go to the superbowl and flip us off on t.v.

Hollywood scripts aren't even this bad. - or heartbreaking.

The first 3 seasons that the Texans played I really didn't mind when they lost so much because I was still just ecstatic that Houston was ever awarded a 2nd team in my lifetime. But the buzz has worn off. Last year left me in shock and just when I thought the worst was over (the preseason gave me hope) I watched the Texans sink like the Titanic yesterday.

I know there were some teams that played worse than the Texans did yesterday, but after seeing that same pitiful performance, the same exact mistake after mistake, the same old tired excuses, and the same unhappy and disappointed, booing fans I am ready for the season to be over right now.

There's just not much to look forward to right now. If the Texans were smart (which we all know they aren't)(the Texans will NEVER live down passing on Bush) - they would just not show there lame faces in Indianapolis next Sunday. They should just forfit the game and use the time doing something more productive (like painting their toe nails or something). Practices seem to be a waste of time. Maybe the Texans will win some games this season, but they won't next Sunday and they know it (they're dumb, but they're not THAT dumb).

This all may sound ugly and dismal, but I'm no fair weather fan. I'll support Houston pro football until I die. But today it feels like the beginning of another wasted year in the world of football in Houston. And I will be watching other teams again this year and wishing the Texans could play like that.

Now. Somebody please post something encouraging and tell me that everything will be o.k. and that I'm just over reacting. And be sincere.

Thanks for listening, I just had to get it out.

It's like torture.

Being a football fan from Houston is like being tested by God. I know it's only a game but sometimes I think that when it comes to football this city is cursed.

It's not enough having a very bad team. No, Houston must have the worst team in the NFL. And not just a few bad seasons. No, it must be season after season for decades. And not just one lame, badly managed, badly coached, and badly operated team, but two, one right after the next. And what is the reward for paying attention and becoming a team supporter while the rest of the nation is laughing - they move to another city, go to the superbowl and flip us off on t.v.

The first 3 seasons that the Texans played I really didn't mind when they lost so much because I was still just ecstatic that Houston was ever awarded a 2nd team in my lifetime. But the buzz has worn off. Last year left me in shock and just when I thought the worst was over (the preseason gave me hope) I watched the Texans sink like the Titanic yesterday.

I know there were some teams that played worse than the Texans did yesterday, but after seeing that same pitiful performance, the same exact mistake after mistake, the same old tired excuses, and the same unhappy and disappointed, booing fans I am ready for the season to be over right now.

There's just not much to look forward to right now. If the Texans were smart (which we all know they aren't)(the Texans will NEVER live down passing on Bush) - they would just not show there lame faces in Indianapolis next Sunday. They should just forfit the game and use the time doing something more productive (like painting their toe nails or something). Practices seem to be a waste of time. Maybe the Texans will win some games this season, but they won't next Sunday and they know it (they're dumb, but they're not THAT dumb).

This all may sound ugly and dismal, but I'm no fair weather fan. I'll support Houston pro football until I die. But today it feels like the beginning of another wasted year in the world of football in Houston. And I will be watching other teams again this year and wishing the Texans could play like that.

Now. Somebody please post something encouraging and tell me that everything will be o.k. and that I'm just over reacting. And be sincere.

Think positive young grasshopper! :ph34r:

Edited by Marty

It's like torture.

You hit the nail on the head, No glory since the days of Billy Cannon and George Blanda. There was a brief glint in the Luv Ya Blue Era, and they screwed that up. Cursed perhaps, makes you wonder. And then the Oilers leave town and boom, play one of the best Superbowl games in history. Though they lost they lost with dignity and had no reason to hold their heads down. Dramatic to the very last second.

Now you are left with just what you described, yet another disappointing football franchise.

You hit the nail on the head, No glory since the days of Billy Cannon and George Blanda. There was a brief glint in the Luv Ya Blue Era, and they screwed that up. Cursed perhaps, makes you wonder. And then the Oilers leave town and boom, play one of the best Superbowl games in history. Though they lost they lost with dignity and had no reason to hold their heads down. Dramatic to the very last second.

Now you are left with just what you described, yet another disappointing football franchise.

After seeing the Raiders give up 9 sacks, I don't feel as bad anymore :lol:

It's a little early for me to consider the Texans a bad team. I'ma wait to see if they improve their line the next two games. I'm not even expecting sacks...I'm expecting pressure. And better offensive protection.

The Eagles are considered by some a Superbowl contendor...not by others...but they are much improved from last year. Donovan McNabb is healthy and so is Brian Westbrook and pretty much everyone that was injured last year, when they were supposed to go far (before everyone went down to injuries).

I don't see us beating Indy...but it would be a great time to show some people that we have improved and hang with the big boys.

^^^ Who cares with these teams got. The Texans should go up against any 31 teams in the NFL. That's why they call it Any Giving Sunday.

Skin Pig is right. I really do think Houston is cursed. Plus, I've mention this before on serveral other threads.

Alot of people on here say "Oh, they have a new system, and Carr have to learn it." That's bull sh**! This damn quarterback name Carr is considered as a vertern, and he suppose to produce on that field all 4 quarters, not only one. In every game Carr does the same crap, comes out on fire, then burns out in the 2nd half. Excuse me, but that's no vertern leader quarterback. I'm sick and tried of people on here making excuses for this man.

The only way the Texans go to the playoffs, or Super Bowl if they get rid of Carr. Carr is not the type of quarterback to take the Texans to the playoffs, or to the big dance. One of my friends mention that, "Carr have the feet movement, the arm, but no brains."

Edited by houstonsemipro

Carr is like the drunk bar fly thats keeps falling down, Its time for the bouncer to bounce him to the bench. You got to be a quarterback first to be a veteren.

Edited by Marty

Well, Marty. I kinda disagree with you on Carr is not a quarterback. David is a quarterback, and suppose to be a vertern leader out there on the field. But, he doesn't act like it.

Sage Roensfels, the second string quarterback, looks and act more like a vertern leader then Carr. Watch what I tell ya. When they bench Carr and put in Sage, watch the difference in the offense. I beleive after the bye week when their 0-4, Kubiak well bench Carr. Sage will start when they play against the Cowboys.

Well, Marty. I kinda disagree with you on Carr is not a quarterback. David is a quarterback, and suppose to be a vertern leader out there on the field. But, he doesn't act like it.

Sage Roensfels, the second string quarterback, looks and act more like a vertern leader then Carr. Watch what I tell ya. When they bench Carr and put in Sage, watch the difference in the offense. I beleive after the bye week when their 0-4, Kubiak well bench Carr. Sage will start when they play against the Cowboys.

Hate to say this again, but Carr didn't do badly at all. He's the best player on the team. If Carr recieved 5 sacks against the Eagles because he held the ball for too long, I would understand your statement. But that didn't happen. Everytime I saw Carr sacked, it was from an offensive line collapse. I guarantee that if the offensive line gives him more time to throw, you'll see strong results.

We have Samkon Gado from Green Bay. He did 600 yards last season with 5 starts.

I have been reading up on the new GM Smith, he is definitely a mover and a shaker in the trading dept. Perhaps this player Gado can put some punch in the running game. It's ironic that the Texans passed over the Heisman Trophy winner, for "no show" Mario and now have traded for Samkon Gado, who was originally signed by the Kansas City Chiefs as an undrafted free agent from Liberty University, who incidentally was completely passed over through 7 rounds of drafting in 2005, and who has nothing near the potential of Bush. I know I know "dead horse" , I just thought it was ironic.

Well they are trying have to give them that, what's next? QB!

I don't care who they get in the backfield. If that O-Line doesn't block, we will have the same results like the Eagles game, period. That means Bush, Shawn Alexander, Julius Jones, etc... Doesn't matter who they put in that backfield.

Colts will put up more than 30-40 points against Texans, and maybe they will wake up from this ass whipping they're about to receive.

Edited by houstonsemipro

I agree the line needs huge improvements, I was just making the point of the irony of the trade. I thnk this new GM will be picking up a lot of personel off of the trade markey including OL DL DB LB. Read up on his past, he is definately a mover and a shaker. If McNair has any sense he will let Smith do his thing and with him and Kubiak's past, no one job is safe if they do not step up quickly.

I told y'all what's going to happen, and once again it came true.

These Texans need to just throw in the towel, or make a change at quarterback. They look horriable against the Colts. It looks like Kuibak just put a team together and told them to go play, Jesus!

I told y'all the Texans will go 0-4 doing bye week.

You told us we would be 0-4 by bye week, but it hasn't came true. We are 0-2.

I don't care who they get in the backfield. If that O-Line doesn't block, we will have the same results like the Eagles game, period. That means Bush, Shawn Alexander, Julius Jones, etc... Doesn't matter who they put in that backfield.

Colts will put up more than 30-40 points against Texans, and maybe they will wake up from this ass whipping they're about to receive.

50 cool points awarded to houstonsemipro. The O-Line needs help. Plus, the Colts currently have 37 points, with a little over 6 minutes to go. Let's see if the Colts score again.

D-line looks a little better. 2 sacks compared to 0 in the last game. More pressure on Manning than McNabb. They look like they're slowly improving there. But the coverage on the WR this time has gone the opposite direction <_<

Also, Gado looks like he's gonna have a good impact on the team. Let's see if the Texans can get themselves a W next week.

By the way, is it too early to ask who to watch in the 2007 draft?

Carr went 22-26 for 219 yards and 3 TDs. No INTs. That's about a 140 QB rating, the highest in the league so far. He did that in spite of 4 sacks. Add this week's rating to last week's 102, and he may be the No. 1 rated QB after 2 weeks.

One of the few bright spots so far.

I guess I better order my Pro Bowl tickets now so I can be there to catch Carr in action!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Excuse me again. The only way Carr got those high ratings, cause Colts pull out their 1st string defense, and put in 2nd/3rd strings. If the 1st string was still in there, Carr would never seen those high marks.

Yo, Einstein, Carr was 18-22 with a TD and no INTs against the first string. I'll let you do the math. Better yet, don't. Wouldn't want you to hurt yourself.

I told y'all what's going to happen, and once again it came true.

Wow, that's impressive! Only you and 4 million other Houstonians predicted a blowout by Indy! How do you do it, semiblow?

Something to note: we've started 0-2 the past 3 years. That includes the year we went 7-9. So it's not time to panic, yet. We've played a couple of really good teams to start this season.

Good point about that 7-9 season.

Also, I agree with Semipro with the statement that we should be able to beat any of the 31 teams in the league, and the fact that we're facing a talented team shouldn't be an excuse. This is Houston, and we're much better than that. But win or lose, if a team has Houston in it's name, I'll cheer them on.

I do think the Texans are improving, though. And I think RedScare's comments on Carr just reminds fans that he's got skill. The man can produce. He's recieved more sacks in 2 games than Lewinski did during the entire Clinton administration, yet he's yet to give the ball up via interception or fumble. He can be a great in the NFL if our linemen stand out for the rest of the season.

We also played the two teams going into the Super Bowl (if Carolina doesn't pull it together), in these past two games. The Redskins aren't doing much, so if we can beat them, we should be alright going into the Dolphins game (who lost by 16 to the Bills today).

We also played the two teams going into the Super Bowl (if Carolina doesn't pull it together), in these past two games. The Redskins aren't doing much, so if we can beat them, we should be alright going into the Dolphins game (who lost by 16 to the Bills today).

I agree with your Super Bowl prediction. The Colts and Eagles will at the minimum be division winners and playoff contenders. If it wasn't for their history of losing in the playoffs, I'd say Colts vs. Eagles in the Super Bowl.

That was my prediction at the beginning of the 2003-2004 season when we hosted. I think both teams lost that year in the conference finals to New England and Carolina. But yeah, both teams have the total package in defense and offense.

THAT'S how we want to see the Texans play...

Next week against the Redskins will be even more diffcult. This team can lose tonight against the Cowboys and be 0-2, then come back and win against the Texans.

The Redskins is going study the Texans on film and see that they can not pick up blitz, and that's what the Redskins going to do, Blitz! Carr can't stop it, and sure can't the O-Line.

On the other hand, the defense is horriable. I give offense credit, they're better then defense. I don't know which one are wroster, D-Line, or secondary. On the edge I have to give it to the secondary.

Like I said before. The Texans will see a wild card spot in the playoffs in 2008-09. No hope for this year, or next year.