I'm glad for Mario's first sack today against the Dolphins, and their first win of the season, but I wouldn't brag about it. Culpepper drove down the field and scored, should've got the two points if the wide receiver didn't slip.

If I was the Texans, I be happy they finally won, but I wouldn't brag on this win. Enjoy the moment now while it last.

Furthermore, I mention they will be 0-4 during bye week, guessing I was wrong on that point. I admit it.

The Texans really do need this bye week.

Don't U owe someone $20? :lol:

I think the Texans now know their strength: They're a Houston team. That means, so long as they keep themselves on the ropes, they give themselves a shot. In the Texans' case, stay close after 3 quarters, and come back in the 4th

Playing close is really not good when you have a defense like the Texans, I wouldn't do that if I was Kubiak. Putting to much pressure on your D is not good, for instance look what happen in the late fourth when Culpepper was driving down the field.

Miami was a very weak team, so is Texans. The game was boring and the commericals didn't help.

I've heard the announcer called Mario a "Big Gorilla."

Edited by houstonsemipro

Miami was a very weak team, so is Texans. The game was boring and the commericals didn't help.

Miami was predicted to win the AFC East this year by a lot of people. They are clearly underperforming, but I would not call them weak (Oakland and Tennessee...now, THAT's weak).

I'm not ready to give Mario Defensive Player of the Year yet, but his 1.5 sacks won the game for the Texans today. On 2nd and 3rd down, he got back to back sacks for a 10 yard loss. Miami was forced to punt from their own 10. The Texans only had to drive 41 yards for the TD that gave them an 11 point lead, enough to survive the inevitable comeback.

Until Miami's last 2 drives, the defense had only given up 108 yards in 3+ quarters. Again, they weren't the Steel Curtain, but at least the D showed up today. Hope it wasn't a fluke.

It basically was two severely struggling teams facing off against each other and one had to lose, could have gone either way.

Mario's sack and a half was the defensive highlight, but that was the only tackies he made all game. He has got to get some backside pursuit, to improve his game. Houston did have 5 total sacks which was a great improvement, however the Miami OL is about in the same shape as is Houston's, but at least they were looking very active today. If anything it with boost some confidence and motivate the team some. Honestly the bye week is bad timing, their momentum could carry them next week, but will most likely die off with the bye week off. We'll have to wait and see.

First three quarters were a snoozer from both sides.

Edited by Mark F. Barnes

Playing close is really not good when you have a defense like the Texans, I wouldn't do that if I was Kubiak.

Playing close won the game for the Texans. It's either that, or have the other team up by 20 by the 4th quarter like the past few weeks; take your pick. That's our only two options right now. The offense won't play their best until the 4th quarter.

Also, 50 cool-points to Mario Williams. That sack REALLY woke up the crowd and the team, and he blocked that 2-point conversion and saved the game for us. It's just the beginning, Mario. Keep up the improvement!

Lastly, Chris Collingsworth REALLY seems to hate Houston. When talking about Mario Williams, he responded "he still stinks", and when talking about Miami's fustrations after the game, he responded "if you lose to Houston, you are the worst team in the NFL." Wussup wit that?!

I'm glad for Mario's first sack today against the Dolphins, and their first win of the season, but I wouldn't brag about it. Culpepper drove down the field and scored, should've got the two points if the wide receiver didn't slip.

If I was the Texans, I be happy they finally won, but I wouldn't brag on this win. Enjoy the moment now while it last.

Furthermore, I mention they will be 0-4 during bye week, guessing I was wrong on that point. I admit it.

The Texans really do need this bye week.

shows you weren't paying attention the pass was tipped on the two point conversion and the reciever slid and would have been in perfect position to catch it if it was not tipped!

Almost everybody beat the Texans with a whip including me when i said the Texans and Titans were the ugly twin sisters that lived at the end of your street when you were a youngster. Do y'all see a light at the end of the tunnel? I think i am seeing the light. Do i need to be slapped back to reality?

Edited by Marty

Yea, it was a tip ball. If the receiver didn't slip, he should've caught it.

I think the receiver was in position until the ball was tipped. Once it was tipped it changed speed and the the receiver had to slam on the brakes causing him to slip and fall. This was a good play on the Texans part, admit it.

Something smart I read at the Houston Texans message board:

Alright this is pretty simple. Lawrence Maroney is sharing time with Corey Dillon, and he has still been able to score multiple TD's and have multiple 100 yd games. In fact he had 15 carries for 125 yds and 2 TD's last week against the Cincinnati Bengals's Defense. Meanwhile, Bush had 14 carries for 61 yds and no TD's against Cleveland. Now I know that Reggie Bush advocates will want to bring in his recieving yardage to boost his totals, so let us do that comparison as well. In the same games mentioned above Maroney had 1 reception for 15 yds boosting his totals to 16 touches for 140 total yds from scrimmage and 2 TD's, while Bush had 8 receptions for 58 yds boosting his totals to 22 touches for 119 total yds from scrimmage and 0 TD's. I'm willing to bet that the Cincinnati's Defense is better than Cleveland's Defense, and when you compare the line advantage of New England's O-Line vs. Cincinnati's D-Line to New Orleans's O-Line vs. Cleveland's D-Line, I think NE and No have about the same level of advantage over their counterparts. I certainly agree that New England has a better O-line than does New Orleans. My point is that one has to consider who both teams are playing against. The reasons there have been so many vehement posts against Reggie Bush are many, so I will list a few of them.

1) He was hyped up as a once in a lifetime player that would redefine the game prior to the NFL draft by all of the Sports Media. Some went so far as to say he was a sure fire future Hall of Famer.

Anytime you hype a player up that much he better live up to those expectations or there will be a backlash. Well, so far he hasn't lived up to his billing.

2) The Sports Media derided the Houston Texans drafting Mario Williams over Reggie Bush as making the worst draft decision since the Portland Trailblazers picked Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan.

Anytime this happens, fans of the derided team are going to be the first to defend their team's pick by pointing out the failure to meet up to expectations of the can't-miss pick that their team passed on. Sure Mario hasn't lived up to the Texans's expectations yet, but he wasn't hyped to the degree Bush was by the National Sports Media, so the backlash against Reggie should be expected to be more.

3) The double standard by which Reggie Bush advocates defend him, many find annoying. I liken this to Michael Jordan fans saying that he was the greatest basketball player of all time, but when others offer Wilt Chamberlin as the greatest they say 6 championships to 2. Then, others counter with Bill Russell's 10 championships, Jordan's fans quote stats. This irritates people. Make a standard to compare players by and stick to it.

For instance, with Reggie Bush fans that called Mario Williams a bust after 3 games, we the fans of Williams defended him saying he had only played in 3 games. They would point to Bush's yds and the fact that Williams's had no sacks at that point, while they derided our claims of William's drawing double teams and causing other teams to gameplan for him that allowed Mario's teammates to perform better. We would counter with Bush's lack of TD's and they would claim he was being used as a decoy to cause other teams to gameplan for him allowing his teammates to perform better. Now, when we point out Bush's failure to put up 100 yrd games we are given the limited touches arguement, to which we offer Maroney as an example of another rookie RB that is excelling with around the same amount of touches. Finally and worst of all, we are given that he has only played in 4 games defense of Bush.

I think it is time for you Bush fans to concede that you shouldn't have derided the Houston Texans, so soon and accept the fact that he hasn't lived up to the Natinal Sports Media's hype.

not likely. You may beat the texans by three touchdowns but you don't have near the talent of the Eagles.

All they got on us is QB.Both teams wins came over sucky teams.When Dallas and philly meet,it will be a battle of defenses, and we clearly have the better one that will win us the game.

COWBOYS forever!But I do cheer for the Texans every week.They are from Houston.And they are Texans.

But next weekend they are the enemy for an hour of gameplay.

All they got on us is QB.Both teams wins came over sucky teams.When Dallas and philly meet,it will be a battle of defenses, and we clearly have the better one that will win us the game.

COWBOYS forever!But I do cheer for the Texans every week.They are from Houston.And they are Texans.

But next weekend they are the enemy for an hour of gameplay.

Dude, that Texans/Cowboys game is hard as hell to predict. I really think it depends on how the Texans decide to execute Kubiak's plans. If the DL wants Bledsoe bad enough, they'll get him. If the OL wants to protect Carr bad enough, we'll have at LEAST 28. We already know the Cowboys' weapons, but we don't know how good the Texans are yet, because they didn't show it until Miami in the 4th.

And we gotta wait 2 weeks to see if Williams stands out the way he did in the 4th, too. If we play as good as our roster says we are on paper, we gonna beat the Cowboys.

Have not kept up with this thread much, Mario Williams has 1.5 sacks and Bush no TD's. Is this because # 26 Deuce McAllister has been doing good? And would Reggie really have done good with the Texans horrible O-line!!Had to ask?

Hard to hold them Ole Miss boys down. I remember watching Deuce with the oldman a couple of times back in 2000. One hell of a north/south runner. :)

Dude, that Texans/Cowboys game is hard as hell to predict. I really think it depends on how the Texans decide to execute Kubiak's plans. If the DL wants Bledsoe bad enough, they'll get him. If the OL wants to protect Carr bad enough, we'll have at LEAST 28. We already know the Cowboys' weapons, but we don't know how good the Texans are yet, because they didn't show it until Miami in the 4th.

And we gotta wait 2 weeks to see if Williams stands out the way he did in the 4th, too. If we play as good as our roster says we are on paper, we gonna beat the Cowboys.

If the DL wants bledsoe bad enough?If the Texans OL wants to protect Carr bad enough?Is the Cowboys game the only game they are gonna try to win?They should want it every game,every play.

Sorry Houston wont score 28 points against the Dallas D.I think yall better hope Williams does play as good as that "paper" says,cuz your defense is what would win this game.

I have to agree with Texastrill. I do not see any way the Texans score 28 points at all. In fact, I don't see them getting close to 20. Dallas has a top 5 offense and a top 5 defense. Dallas has a better oline, a better dline, a better running and passing game, and a better secondary. Unfortunately for Houston fans, I see a game similar to the one the Cowboys just finished with against the Titans. Unless Dallas bombs the game and turnovers the ball 5 to 6 times, I do not see the Cowboys losing.

But in today's NFL, anything can happen. They won't back down but the Cowboys are by far the superior team. I root for the Texans too. Most Cowboy fans (outside of Houston) in Texas do. But for those 3 hours, I will root against the Texans.

not likely. You may beat the texans by three touchdowns but you don't have near the talent of the Eagles.

I disagree. Dallas is every bit as talented as the Eagles if not more. Dallas is just as explosive but has a better defense statisically.

Edited by Spades

I go away for 2 days so that I can get moved into MY new digs, and the whole forum is in an uproar. OK, now I need names and numbers, cuz' everyone is gonna get the "happy heart carebear bouqet" from FTD !

You bunch of "Armchair Quarterbacks" make me wanna puke, if any of us really thought we could make a difference in a team, we'd be out there on any given Sunday, sacrificing our bodies to the Football Gods, and not sittin' on here dreamin' of the good 'ol days. I still love you all though. Can't we all just get along?

btw, congrats to Mark on that SWC ring, that is something I would have liked to have myself, you big JERK ! :P:lol:

I seen that SWC ring it looks like he got a piano attached to his hand B)

How do you guys see the Cowboys Texans match up. They faired about the same against Philly as we did.

I hope our defense can really put some pressure on Bledsoe that is what we need I think. We need Dayne to break out and have a big game to he has showed great stuff over the last two weeks just hasn't broken any big runs. But i think he will. Anybody know if Jerome Mathis is getting healthy? I heard maybe week 6 he would be back in the preaseason?

How do you guys see the Cowboys Texans match up. They faired about the same against Philly as we did.

Are you serious? The Cowboys had 6 turnovers in this game and still had a chance to win in the end. Dallas will bounce back and win big over the Texans. Houston will be lucky to sniff the endzone against the Dallas defense.

Are you serious? The Cowboys had 6 turnovers in this game and still had a chance to win in the end. Dallas will bounce back and win big over the Texans. Houston will be lucky to sniff the endzone against the Dallas defense.

As if turnovers a good thing, I wouldn't be pointing those out if I were you.

Dallas lost by the same margin as Houston did to Philly: 14 points

the texan lost by the score of 24-10

the cowboys lost by the score of 38-24

You were so much closer to winning then we were! right...

and how about that defense I would not go bragging about that.

You have beaten a horrible Tenessee team

picked on a washington team without a running game(before Portis came back)

Lost to Jacksonville

And you lost to a very good philly team.

I expect the Cowboys to beat the Texans. Never said I didn't. They should, but I like our chances to make it a competitive game. Especially if we Blitz like we did last week and get to that statue of a quarterback you have. Dallas definatelt has us beat at the cornerback and safety positions but I don't think anyone is scared of their d-line anymore.

Edited by westguy76

I disagree. Dallas is every bit as talented as the Eagles if not more. Dallas is just as explosive but has a better defense statisically.

Looks like the Cowboys aren't all they're cracked up to be this season. It'd be great if the Texans could finish them off!

Look, Dallas lost to Philly on some really poor offensive play, way too many turnovers. so I think we need to pressure Bledsoe from the start, he doesn't scramble all that well and is prone to interceptions. I'd like to see Buchannon back in at the nickle and maybe Sanders at the FS spot. I guess that would put Mcleon at the No. 2 spot (ouch) but I dont think PBuc is strong enough to take that spot just yet, let him play the nickle. C.C. brown is killing us at FS though, terrible coverage. Maybe put buchannon at FS?