Next week against the Redskins will be even more diffcult. This team can lose tonight against the Cowboys and be 0-2, then come back and win against the Texans.

The Redskins is going study the Texans on film and see that they can not pick up blitz, and that's what the Redskins going to do, Blitz! Carr can't stop it, and sure can't the O-Line.

On the other hand, the defense is horriable. I give offense credit, they're better then defense. I don't know which one are wroster, D-Line, or secondary. On the edge I have to give it to the secondary.

Like I said before. The Texans will see a wild card spot in the playoffs in 2008-09. No hope for this year, or next year.

I'm expecting a slugfest between the Texans and Redskins. And I disagree with you about next year (but we gotta wait a year 4 that.) They look like they're getting better. I think our linemen will stand out next week. Expect it to be close.

On another note...next week (Week 3), the game to watch will be New Orleans Saints(2-0) vs. Atlanta Falcons(2-0)...at the Superdome for the first time since 2004. NBC said earlier tonight that the game is so anticipated, it will be shown live on Al Jazerra. I'm not making it up.

Yo, Einstein, Carr was 18-22 with a TD and no INTs against the first string. I'll let you do the math. Better yet, don't. Wouldn't want you to hurt yourself.

Wow, that's impressive! Only you and 4 million other Houstonians predicted a blowout by Indy! How do you do it, semiblow?

:lol::lol::lol: Now that was funny!

Semipro, I am continuously blown away by your absolute ignorance of this issue, or of the game of football in general. I think you should stop reading stats and pic up a book on building a winning NFL franchise.

Kubiak inherited a team that was systematically destroyed by the moron we all know as Charlie Casserly. Casserly blew just about every draft and free agent signing during his four year stint, and Kubiak will probably pay for these mistakes for at least two years. Not to mention that he's (Kubiak) a first year head coach who is learning the ropes right now.

What I'm saying is.... Give this organization a break! This is a mediocre team that made a total change of staff, and it will take a while to fix all of it's problems. Quit crying about things you obviously have no clue about, and get your nose in a book, any book! <_<

Give this organzation a break? Please. They had 5 years of breaks, and still on a break. I've been right about this so called franchise for 2 years now, and I'm not stopping cause I'm on the roll.

Some of y'all haven't played the sport before, probably even touched a football before and trying to tell me how. y'all just wait until gameday and sit back on y'all couches with beer kegs hopeing this team wins.

I've played the sport since I was 10 until now, 27. Played Semi-Pro ball for 4 years, and had invitations to Broncos, Texans and Cardinals camps. The only thing stop me was my knee. I had two surgeries on the same knee (just like Domanick Davis going through. I really feel his pain). I know what it takes to built a franchise team, and this team have long ways to go to be champions.

Like I said before, and I'm sticking to my words. The Texans will be 0-4 doing bye week. Next year, will be a little bit better, but still no playoffs until probably 2008-09.

Give this organzation a break? Please. They had 5 years of breaks, and still on a break. I've been right about this so called franchise for 2 years now, and I'm not stopping cause I'm on the roll.

Some of y'all haven't played the sport before, probably even touched a football before and trying to tell me how. y'all just wait until gameday and sit back on y'all couches with beer kegs hopeing this team wins.

You didn't listen to a word I said about the current organization, and what it will take to fix what was screwed up over the past four years. That being said, I'm staying away from answering your moronic posts, it's pointless.

By the way Semipro, I played 10 years of grade school ball, and four of those we're with a state 5-A high school team, a team that was in the regionals three out of those four years. I then played two years in college, so I guess I qualify huh.

By the way, if you played football, where was it? And when was it? I would love to know how much you REALLY know about the game. If you would like, I'll give you a short basic quiz, you know to see if you really know the game.

If you had read my posts on the Houston Texans thread, you should know how much I know about football. Hell, I've been right about this organzation for the past 2 years now.

Semi-Pro football is just like NFL. The only thing different they get paid and get recognition, we don't. But, it's the same group of guys on the field same as NFL. Matter in fact, my Championship team back in my rookie year in Semi Pro would give the Texans a run for their money.

My team was Houston Gunslingers. We had the most feared defense in the league then. Ask anybody about the Gunslingers in Semi Pro and they will tell you.

I've played the sport since I was 10 until now, 27. Played Semi-Pro ball for 4 years, and had invitations to Broncos, Texans and Cardinals camps. The only thing stop me was my knee. I had two surgeries on the same knee (just like Domanick Davis going through. I really feel his pain). I know what it takes to built a franchise team, and this team have long ways to go to be champions.

Wow, I missed this one until reading Red's reply.

What position did you play and in what scheme? What offensedefense did you run? What packages within your system did you use? I'm also curious as to your offers for the pro's, do tell. :wacko:

If you had read my posts on the Houston Texans thread, you should know how much I know about football. Hell, I've been right about this organzation for the past 2 years now.

Semi-Pro football is just like NFL. The only thing different they get paid and get recognition, we don't. But, it's the same group of guys on the field same as NFL. Matter in fact, my Championship team back in my rookie year in Semi Pro would give the Texans a run for their money.

My team was Houston Gunslingers. We had the most feared defense in the league then. Ask anybody about the Gunslingers in Semi Pro and they will tell you.

Ok, you say you played for the fearless Gunslingers but still haven't answered my questions. Oh, and, you may a know a little about football, but obviously don't have a clue about running an organization.

Edited by Gary

PUFF PUFF PASS, PUFF PUFF PASS ! Semipro, c'mon pal, I played for 16 years from Y-ball up through the college level, and I can honestly say that The Gunslingers are NO NFL caliber team. You know as well as I do, if you really did play, that it is a rare breed that even make it to the college level, and only the elite of those go on to the NFL. Semipro League at best is on par with the best college teams. World of difference between college and NFL. I'm not even sure that The Gunslingers could hang with a World League team. Not trying to knock your accomplishments, but there is NOT any fineline between Semi and Pro, it is a very distinct Black and Blue line. <_<

Very good friend of mine Glenn Montgomery (R.I.P.) got me an invite to the Oilers tryouts once. A highschool buddy of mine Kerry Henderson, plays for the Katy Copperheads right now, he played like 1 or 2 years with the Jets, and this guy was a phenom in highschool and very good in college. My friend Tomur Barnes, another high school buddy, played for the Oilers a couple of years. It amazed me that he made it on, we called him "toast" in highschool, because he got bruned a few times in the flats, but still a decent safety/corner, but he was killin' em' in college.

Edited by TJones

I've played runningback in all types of shemes. Zone, basic, trap, pro, i-formation, single back, and power i-formation I even played a little slot.

That's not much of an answer. I was hoping for a little more in depth info, you know just to check out whether your lying or not. Don't forget to include the proffessional offers that came your way even though your knee was blown out.

Tjones, do you know some Semi Pro teams, even College teams could beat some NFL teams? I know the Texans is one of them. They play like a college team.

Football is football. They all have 11 mens on the field. The only difference is probably the tempo of the game.

And Gary, I don't have to prove nothing to you, or anybody else on this thread. I'm a football man. Grown up with a football in my hands when I was only 2 years old, and ran against top rated runners across Texas in track.

Edited by houstonsemipro

Tjones, do you know some Semi Pro teams, evens College teams could beat some NFL teams? I know the Texans is one of them. They play like a college team.

Football is football. They all have 11 mens on the field. The only difference is probably the tempo of the game.

I have to admit, that I thought the Texans should have fired everyone and just bought Mack Brown and the whole Texas Longhorn 1st and 2nd strings from last year. Vince Young and the boys would be at no less than .500 maybe .750 and a playoff spot.

Gunslingers could never match up though. Inferior equiptment ,you guys bought your own stuff, right ?, players, coaching, strategies, pocketbooks. How many Gunslingers have gone on to play in the NFL ? I am not up on them as much as I could be I suppose semi, again, I am not knockin' you, I just don't agree with you.

Edited by TJones

Gunslingers was twice aggresive then the Texans are now. I'm not saying we should of beat them, but I tell you this, they will remember the Gunslingers.

Hey Semipro, still waiting on some information from you. I understand however if you decide not to, we all know that potential superstars are tight lipped. :P

I have been playing since I was six. Same position, too (defensive end, though I have played o-line). I will give every HAIFer an autograph in 7 years :). I have been switched into runningback at times since last year (9th grade), and loved the position. Thought about playing it, but I love getting to the QB.

Edited by Trae

I have been playing since I was six. Same position, too (defensive end, though I have played o-line). I will give every HAIFer an autograph in 7 years :).

What the heck am I gonna do with an autograph from the cashier at McDonald's ? :P;):lol:

That would be neat, I could say "I knew Trae when..." Keep playing hard, and stay in that Gym and keep hittin' those books !

Edited by TJones

No, I'm still in it. That is what they say for all A's and B's. It ays it on my little sheet I got.

I hope you do get those honors, good job.

btw, you wanna come play on me and Gary's "sandlot" team. We are gonna host the Gunslingers.

Hell Gary, the only "pads" I have seen in 14 years are my wife's and you can't play football with them.

Edited by TJones