The Dream=Mario Williams.

Mario Who? Was he even there today? What a Bargain he was!!!!!

Ron Dayne did lead the Texans with 58 yards on 14 carries (4.1 avg.). If he can stay healthy, maybe some promise. Carr was only sacked once that was a record.

However I don't think the score reflects the domination Washington had.

Next victim!

Has the defense actually gotten WORSE this season? Burnell, the dude that did horrible the past two games, broke the NFL record for consecutive completions in a game against the team whose #1 pick was a defensive end?

Bob Costas and Chris Collingsworth earlier tonight said this one thing about the Texans that I'll never forget. " :lol::lol::lol: (4 second deep breath), :lol::lol::lol::lol: ...."

By the way, does anyone on this forum now cringe everytime you see that Texans commercial where they replay Williams getting drafted, then he comes out and says "I'm a Texan"?

It was a bad mistake by picking Mario Williams. This man haven't got near a quarterback since he put on pads. The Texans is stinking up Reliant Stadium.

The cruse continues ladies & gentlemen, and it's not going to get better anytime soon.

As gas prices goes down, so do the Texans.

Edited by houstonsemipro

[quote name='houstonsemipro' date='Sunday, September 24th, 2006 @ 8:02pm' post='115987'

Well, if it takes the Texans losing every game this season to get the gas prices back down. Then I am ALL IN ! C'mon Texans, LOSE 'EM ALL ! :)

It was a bad mistake by picking Mario Williams. This man haven't got near a quarterback since he put on pads. The Texans is stinking up Reliant Stadium.

The cruse continues ladies & gentlemen, and it's not going to get better anytime soon.

Hey Semipro, hush. Your plethora of cliche's were fun for a while but are now becoming tiresome. You ARE not an expert on the game of football, and prove it everytime you post, and to make a statement like you have about Williams is ludicrous at this point. The guy is a rookie playing on a subpar line, and to write him off as a bust three games into the season is extremely premature.

Stop watching Howie and Terry so much. <_<

Edited by Gary

Hey Semipro, hush. Your plethora of cliche's were fun for a while but are now becoming tiresome. You ARE not an expert on the game of football, and prove it everytime you post, and to make a statement like you have about Williams is ludicrous at this point. The guy is a rookie playing on a subpar line, and to write him off as a bust three games into the season is extremely premature.

Stop watching Howie and Terry so much. <_<

Trust me, I try not to get caught into Semipro's nonsense. Especially considering he thought that the Redskins game would come down to a field goal. Then he comes out and says he's always right.

That all being said, the number one selling line behind taking Mario #1 was to take someone that would have an "immediate" impact on the defense. That was why he was brought here - not to be a project, not to have some rough seasons before blossoming, it was an immediate impact move (allegedly). If he was not going to be able to succeed this season, regardless of the rest of the line or whatever, they should not have taken him. His impact this season = 0. He's already making excuses about being double and triple teamed all game, which is not true. If you look at his college starts, this should already have been known, his best games always came against far inferior competition. Maybe it is early to use the word "bust", but he does get a F for season to date because he wasn't supposed to have growing pains.

Tonight, the Texans will hear about Bush about 1,000 times. regardless if he has a good game or not, he is playing in prime time tonight and the announcers will be sure to bring up passing on him again and again.

What? Mario Williams didn't even made a single tackle, not even touch the quarterback. The only thing he's touching is his wallet, the money he get's every week.

Yeah, he's a rookie. Still, show some heart, show some talent out there on the field. So far, he showed me nothing but an overrated player that making millions of dollars doing nothing.

Do you listen to John McClain SportsTalk? He even said the same thing I'm saying. The Texans spent millions and millions of dollars on defense, and still the laughing stock in the NFL.

I know what I'm talking about, cause everyone of my predictions came true about this laughing stock team.

In each game the Texans scores at least twice. The reason why they scored more then twice against Colts, cause they pulled out their first string D. David Carr, needs to sit his ass on the bench and let it stink in for about 2-3 games, with his fumbling butt. This man still act like he's back in College.

If this team want to score more, pull out Carr and put in Sage. But no, they not going to do that. A $8 million bonus man on the bench, while a $2 million bonus man making plays on the field. They rather lose all their games and not put in Sage.

What? Mario Williams didn't even made a single tackle, not even touch the quarterback. The only thing he's touching is his wallet, the money he get's every week.

Williams had 3 tackles, the most of anyone on the Texans Defensive line.

One thing I'll say for Williams, when his teammate picks up a fumble, he doesn't commit personal fouls 15 yards behind the play.

The offense is mediocre. However, the defense is horrendous. The defensive play clearly shows any intelligent person why the Texans thought it was more important to draft Williams than Bush. When your defense is dead last, you draft defense.

I can't speak for the entire game, since I could not bear to watch it all, but from what I DID watch, the Redskins ran to the left side far more than the right. Williams was at Left End, so he had fewer opportunities, though I still saw him get busted on a few plays.

Suffice to say, when you are on the wrong end of 3 blowouts, everyone is stinking it up.

Trust me, I try not to get caught into Semipro's nonsense. Especially considering he thought that the Redskins game would come down to a field goal. Then he comes out and says he's always right.

That all being said, the number one selling line behind taking Mario #1 was to take someone that would have an "immediate" impact on the defense. That was why he was brought here - not to be a project, not to have some rough seasons before blossoming, it was an immediate impact move (allegedly). If he was not going to be able to succeed this season, regardless of the rest of the line or whatever, they should not have taken him. His impact this season = 0. He's already making excuses about being double and triple teamed all game, which is not true. If you look at his college starts, this should already have been known, his best games always came against far inferior competition. Maybe it is early to use the word "bust", but he does get a F for season to date because he wasn't supposed to have growing pains.

Tonight, the Texans will hear about Bush about 1,000 times. regardless if he has a good game or not, he is playing in prime time tonight and the announcers will be sure to bring up passing on him again and again.

I don't dissagree with you at all, in fact every Texan fan wanted to see an immediate impact from Williams, including me. The problem with some is that they want immediate gratification from young players without understanding the mental aspects of the game. This guy has had a huge amount of pressure put on him by being picked over Bush, and has a completely inept line.

I'm not attempting to make any excuses for Williams, and he may end up being a bust, however to make statements like semipro did, is very premature. I say give him a good strong side tackle, then decide if he stinks or not.

One thing I'll say for Williams, when his teammate picks up a fumble, he doesn't commit personal fouls 15 yards behind the play.

The offense is mediocre. However, the defense is horrendous. The defensive play clearly shows any intelligent person why the Texans thought it was more important to draft Williams than Bush. When your defense is dead last, you draft defense.

I can't speak for the entire game, since I could not bear to watch it all, but from what I DID watch, the Redskins ran to the left side far more than the right. Williams was at Left End, so he had fewer opportunities, though I still saw him get busted on a few plays.

Suffice to say, when you are on the wrong end of 3 blowouts, everyone is stinking it up.

Beat me to it Red.

I still think this guy could be very good. I watched him throwing a couple of O-lineman around like a rag doll, but he needed to control his motion a little more. Either way, this guy is very strong, and if brought up right should be Kersh #2.

I agree that the offense is mediocre. I also kinda understand where you're coming from when it comes to the Williams draft. But I gotta make two points on that. One: Casserly said throughout the draft process that they would draft the flat-out best defensive/offensive talent in the draft. Second: Bush was expected to make a stronger impact in his first season than anyone else, whereas Williams was expected to become a longer-lasting player who could make an impact after three/four seasons. To make an immediate impact on defense, it's better to get a veteran that has proven to provide pressure on QBs at an NFL level.

It's expected that Williams would not have a good first year, and Bush was considered to be the best prospect coming out of college for the past 10 years. What makes it fustrating for Texans fans is the fact that the Texans didn't make any moves to make an immediate impact THIS season to prevent a 2-14 record for Kubiak's first year. Williams probably will end up being a great DE in a few years, but until he develops, who's gonna step up and give him some help in defense?

I agree that the offense is mediocre. I also kinda understand where you're coming from when it comes to the Williams draft. But I gotta make two points on that. One: Casserly said throughout the draft process that they would draft the flat-out best defensive/offensive talent in the draft. Second: Bush was expected to make a stronger impact in his first season than anyone else, whereas Williams was expected to become a longer-lasting player who could make an impact after three/four seasons. To make an immediate impact on defense, it's better to get a veteran that has proven to provide pressure on QBs at an NFL level.

It's expected that Williams would not have a good first year, and Bush was considered to be the best prospect coming out of college for the past 10 years. What makes it fustrating for Texans fans is the fact that the Texans didn't make any moves to make an immediate impact THIS season to prevent a 2-14 record for Kubiak's first year. Williams probably will end up being a great DE in a few years, but until he develops, who's gonna step up and give him some help in defense?

First and foremost, thank God that Casserly is gone. Secondly, Kubiak has set out to make this a great team over the next few years, and that's unpopular with most football fans who thought these guys would make a run at the playoffs.

Do we want an immediate impact that doesn't last, or do we want to build a superior football team? I for one want the latter, so I'm content to wait.

Edited by Gary

This guy really gets it. He hit the nail on the head.

And if he (Williams) wants to start with this crap, he needs to go. Reggie White made a living for 16 years being doubled and tripled, Randy White, Bob Lilly, etc. etc. etc. I compare Mario Williams to Russell Maryland. A waste of a first round pick. Second round is a building block. First pick in the draft is a hit the ground running, rushing or whatever.

And he had 2 tackles and 1 assist by the way. That's not an impact player. 5 tackles plus is a decent player 8+ is an impact. Kalu also had two tackles. And in order for him (Williams) to commit a personal foul 15 yards behind someone he would have to be active, that's not going to happen. (i.e. throw a block to try and help advance the fumble) NOT ONE SACK, NOT ONE KNOCKDOWN, M. Brunell 24/27 261 1 TD, do you want to know why? NO PRESSURE WHATSOEVER. He had all day to pass.

And any "intelligent" football person knows you draft the best available player. You're telling me Williams was the best available player? Get out of the liquor cabinet. The Texans needed an impact player at any position because they had none and still don't. They do not have a what you would label as a franchise player. DeMeco Ryans is a Rookie thats playing like a veteran, he is always around the football, he's averaging 8.5 tackles per game and 1.33 assists. He selected as the 1st Pick in 2nd Round (33 overall) of 2006 NFL Draft. What a find he was. He may turn out to be an impact, once he gets his reads down a little better. I'd have felt better if they would have burned the first pick on this kid rather than Williams. Ryans is a player, watch him close.

Curious to see how Bush plays tonight, this is a big game for them. Something tells me you are going to see why he got the bronze guy @ the NYCAC.

Reggie White did not prudce much more then what Mario did. Actually Reggie White did less. So let's wait and see.

USFL Statistics:

16 games

11.0 sack

52 Tackles

43 Assists

0 Fumble Recoveries

16 games

12.5 Sacks

68 Taclkes

30 Assists

0 Fumble recoveries

Let's see first year in the NFL 1985 played 13 games with Philadelphia:

13 sacks

87 tackles

32 assists

0 fumble recoveries

0 interceptions

Second in All-time NFL career sacks

Selected to record 13 consecutive Pro Bowls (1986-1998).

Earned 1987 and 1998 NFL defensive player of the year award.

Named to the All-Pro team seven times.

Were you born in 1985?

By the way the word is "produce"

stay in school

At Tennessee his senior year (1983) he registered a 4 sack game against the Citadel and a 15 sack season. These records along with his total of 32 sacks remain school records.

Son stick to something you know whatever that is!

I really do think this football team is crused.

No, this football team is not cursed. This team is just new. Still. After 5 seasons.

Because of different rule settings, the Jaguars and Panthers took little time to turn from new to established in the league. Our Texans are still trying to set themselves up for the long-term, and the Houston fans are expected to stomach losing seasons, gambles in the draft, having "star" players on our team that only local media recognizes as stars, being laughed at on NFL Sunday shows if we're lucky enough to be mentioned at all, and just being happy we have an NFL team.

In the offseason, I want to see the Texans pursue star immediate impact players. We have plenty that are "expected" to be big in four-five years. Let's get some that can work with them now. STAR QUALITY linemen are NEEDED for the Texans, such as Warren Sapp, Julius Peppers, etc. NOT PEOPLE WHO COULD BE THE NEXT BIG THING. WE NEED THE BIG THING. Once we get the big thing-players, and we see the results we want (like winning), THEN we're in a position to pursue potential four-five year developmental players.

Reggie White did not prudce much more then what Mario did. Actually Reggie White did less. So let's wait and see.

Yeah I'm not quite sure what this post means - the Minister of defense, Super Bowl winning, hall of famer Reggie White did not produce much? Do you mean he didn't produce much when he retired? Wow. Its like saying Barry Sanders didn't do much more than Wali Lundy did.

DJ your quote earlier was "It's expected that Williams would not have a good first year" - here's a few other quotes

Edited by hokieone

Well said Hokie

You have to almost ignore Trae he's a guppy in the Pacific Ocean, trying to act like Jaws

New Orleans looked really good. Bush did some solid work. The Double reverse was cute. NO's defense was awsome, they contained Vick which is hard to do. They swarmed the football, which the Texans don't do.

Brees was solid at QB for NO, McCallister was solid. ZERO Turnovers solid fundamental football.

Hokieone, that's all PR. That's what they're SUPPOSED to say. I think I also remember hearing Casserly or McNair say in the Chronicle that they believed Williams had as much skill on defense as Bush has on offense. Williams SHOULD expect a lot out himself immediately. $55 million's one reason why. But Kubiak knew it would take time.

However, it's not college. It's a new system. It's like when we drafted Yao to the Rockets. Don't forget how bad his first few games were. Remember how Barkley promised to kiss Kenny Smith's ass if Yao were to ever score 20 points that season because he was so sure Yao would permantly suck? Then he plays L.A., and what happened? 20 points before the end of the 3rd. He had to learn the system first. Plus, he had help.

Williams' biggest problem is the fact that as a rookie DE, he needs veteran support, and we're not seeing that. Part of the reason why Bush will have a great season is because Brees has McCallister and Horn as other options to pass/run, and they can use Bush as a distraction for play/fake. On defense, I would expect Williams to be able to be used as a distraction for double-team as another star DE ran in for quick pressure on the QB. Question is who that player or players are who are expected to be just as dangerous as Williams is expected to be.

But make no mistake, Williams was seen as a long-term investment. We'll see if the Texans did the right thing when we see who makes it to the playoffs first between the Saints and Texans...

Just got off the phone with Dalton Hilliard, and they are partying down in the Big Easy, sounds like Mardi Gras over the phone. They are jacked up over the 3-0 debut. Plus he had to rib me some about the Texans. They are buzzing in the Cresent City, and this is a town that needs something to cheer about. If they can keep the emotion level up like this, it may be the Saints and Seahawks fighting for the NFC title.

Edited by Mark F. Barnes

No, this football team is not cursed. This team is just new. Still. After 5 seasons.

Because of different rule settings, the Jaguars and Panthers took little time to turn from new to established in the league. Our Texans are still trying to set themselves up for the long-term, and the Houston fans are expected to stomach losing seasons, gambles in the draft, having "star" players on our team that only local media recognizes as stars, being laughed at on NFL Sunday shows if we're lucky enough to be mentioned at all, and just being happy we have an NFL team.

In the offseason, I want to see the Texans pursue star immediate impact players. We have plenty that are "expected" to be big in four-five years. Let's get some that can work with them now. STAR QUALITY linemen are NEEDED for the Texans, such as Warren Sapp, Julius Peppers, etc. NOT PEOPLE WHO COULD BE THE NEXT BIG THING. WE NEED THE BIG THING. Once we get the big thing-players, and we see the results we want (like winning), THEN we're in a position to pursue potential four-five year developmental players.

I'm on the bright side of the boat too, DJ V.

David Carr has a fairly solid rating right now. Andre Johnson has been stepping up, being the No. 1 receiver for the Week despite the fiasco against the 'Skins. The weapons are in place. Some like Mario need to come to fruition but yeah, we should not expect Bruce Smith, Javon Kearse or Reggie White out of the gate even if we would like to.

But football is a team sport and when the team dynamics are being worked on, it's going to hurt for a while. Plus going up against two of the best teams in the NFL like the Philly Eagles and Indy Colts to start off? Just unfortunate.

NFL fans are into instant gratification, Texans jeerers here among them. Yeah, I get frustrated with the Texans' growing pains but it's a new system in place with Coach Gary Kubiak. I do believe that he has the team in the right direction. Out of the painful losses, we see the postitives, especially with what Carr can do.

No doubt, though, that the Texans defense really sucked it up badly against the Redskins, making Mark Brunell look better than Peyton Manning for a day, and is right now the real concern. More so than the offense.

I still say "whatever" to those fans and sportswriters who say the Texans are stupid for not taking Reggie Bush. Dom Davis, a very strong running back, was supposed to be the projected starter...and hey what if Bush goes down the next game, heaven forbid?

Coach Kubes is simply carrying on what he did in Denver...developing the running backs, a proven system which produced the juggernauts like of Clinton Portis, Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson out of nowhere and two Super Bowl championships. I agree with the thinking, based on what Kubes accomplished in the Mile High City and the money that could be saved for more players in the near future, rather than frontloading on a big name like Reggie Bush even if he is a big impact player.

Edited by worldlyman

I'm on the bright side of the boat too, DJ V.

David Carr has a fairly solid rating right now. Andre Johnson has been stepping up, being the No. 1 receiver for the Week despite the fiasco against the 'Skins. The weapons are in place. Some like Mario need to come to fruition but yeah, we should not expect Bruce Smith, Javon Kearse or Reggie White out of the gate even if we would like to.

But football is a team sport and when the team dynamics are being worked on, it's going to hurt for a while. Plus going up against two of the best teams in the NFL like the Philly Eagles and Indy Colts to start off? Just unfortunate.

NFL fans are into instant gratification, Texans jeerers here among them. Yeah, I get frustrated with the Texans' growing pains but it's a new system in place with Coach Gary Kubiak. I do believe that he has the team in the right direction. Out of the painful losses, we see the postitives, especially with what Carr can do.

No doubt, though, that the Texans defense really sucked it up badly against the Redskins, making Mark Brunell look better than Peyton Manning for a day, and is right now the real concern. More so than the offense.

I still say "whatever" to those fans and sportswriters who say the Texans are stupid for not taking Reggie Bush. Dom Davis, a very strong running back, was supposed to be the projected starter...and hey what if Bush goes down the next game, heaven forbid?

Coach Kubes is simply carrying on what he did in Denver...developing the running backs, a proven system which produced the juggernauts like of Clinton Portis, Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson out of nowhere and two Super Bowl championships. I agree with the thinking, based on what Kubes accomplished in the Mile High City and the money that could be saved for more players in the near future, rather than frontloading on a big name like Reggie Bush even if he is a big impact player.

However I don't think the point is being understood!!!!!!!!!!

YOU DO NOT SPEND THE FIRST PICK OF THE FIRST ROUND ON A PLAYER THAT IS GOING TO TAKE FIVE YEARS TO LEARN HIS PLAYBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Mario Williams is a huge defensive end, so despite his so called topnotch athleticism, he will never be the explosive-off-the-ball speed/edge rusher as say Dwight Freeney. (coincidentally Freeley was chosen 11th in the draft behind David Carr in 2002) Williams could beat offensive tackles around corner, if he would put out more effort, but not as easily as Freeney can. Do you even watch this guy? He loafs around. If the play is not directly at him he just marks time. He needs to become more consistent getting off the ball explosively every snap. He rarely chases hard after the ball in backside pursuit; he just pulls up and quits chasing. He does not protect legs from low/cut blocks well and can be slowed down by them. He will be out with a major knee issue with in two years if he does not learn to protect his legs. 55 million down the toilet.

Let's look at Daryl Tapp DE taken in the 2nd rd by Seattle 63rd pick over all He isn't a full time starter yet he has

6 tackles 2 assists and 2 QB sacks.

Mario Williams has started every game has

6 tackles 2 assists and no sacks

Let's look at Trent Cole Undrafted 2nd year man Free Agent walk on from University of Cincinnati

8.0 tackles 4 assists 5 QB Sacks 1 deflected pass

His rookie season he was a situational player didn't play every game

38.0 tackles 8 assists 5 sacks 2 deflected passes

Now, explain to me again why someone shouldn't expect more output from the 55 million dollar boy?

I think he should be expected to do a hell of a lot more than he is. It's not like it takes a road scholar to play DE. It does however take effort and dedication, not excuses. As big and fast as he is, he should be blowing off the ball and eating OT's for lunch. He is 6'7" 291 lbs runs a 4.73 40yd he has no excuse except lack of effort. PERIOD. It's not like it was any big secret that he does not attack, he does not consistently impact the play. He goes through some stretches where he does not dominate at the level he is capable of. Every scouting report you read on him warned of this. He should have stayed for his senior year and got his degree, he's gonna need it.

Edited by Mark F. Barnes

Yeah I'm not quite sure what this post means - the Minister of defense, Super Bowl winning, hall of famer Reggie White did not produce much? Do you mean he didn't produce much when he retired? Wow. Its like saying Barry Sanders didn't do much more than Wali Lundy did.

DJ your quote earlier was "It's expected that Williams would not have a good first year" - here's a few other quotes

"When you have the No. 1 pick in the draft ... there can't be any doubts, there can't be any questions and in our mind," Smith said. "There were no questions with this young man. There's no flaws in this guy's abilities as a player and a person."

"This young man is special, what he brings to the game," Kubiak said. "He can change a game the way he rushes a passer and the problems he presents for an offensive football team."

"We've gone four years, we've not had an effective pass rush," said Texans owner Bob McNair. "We've added somebody that is a real threat. He's going to add a new dimension to our team."

"You win championships with defensive players, and that is exactly what is going to happen," he said. "I'm going to come in, I'm going to play and I'm going to be productive.

"I'm going to be an impact player immediately, and I'm going to win over fans regardless."

All quotes from the owner down to Williams right after the draft. Doesn't sound a whole lot like someone expected to struggle for a few seasons. If you were taking someone that could struggle for a few seasons, you would take Vince Young. So far to date, Mario has been terrible. What's even worse is one of the things he did most consistently at NC State was play against the run. The sacks were usually against terrible teams, but he was a run presence. So far here, he has done none of that.

Reggie may not be setting records quite yet, but he is producing, we could have used his 72 all purpose yards on Sunday.

Hey smartguy, in his rookie season. Oh and Mark F.Barnes, Seattle has played horrible teams until last Sunday when they played the Giants.

Edited by Trae

Reggie Bush gains 51 yards, a week after he gains 5 yards, and you say he is producing. I saw him get stuffed on the 2 yard line for no gain, forcing New Orleans to settle for a field goal. Wali Lundy is putting up numbers like that. The fact is, it will take time for Bush to hit the big numbers. Same applies to Williams. The difference is that Mark Barnes and all of the sports talk people need to make outlandish claims to be noticed. If Bush were in Houston gaining 56 yards in 2 games, Mark Barnes would be all over that, too.

I'm sure that some people feel superior making irrelevant claims 3 games into the season. I'm sure this post will provoke some more. The sinple fact is, it is too soon to make the call. But, if Mark wants to repeat it, I am sure he will. Maybe he'll put it in caps next time, so we'll all pay attention. Maybe he'll put up some more career stats of some other players to compare to a guy in his 3rd game. I'm sure it will all be interesting and....irrelevant.

At least Vince Young is stinking up the place so bad that no one is bringing HIM up anymore....even though 2 games means nothing, either.

Reggie Bush gains 51 yards, a week after he gains 5 yards, and you say he is producing. I saw him get stuffed on the 2 yard line for no gain, forcing New Orleans to settle for a field goal. Wali Lundy is putting up numbers like that. The fact is, it will take time for Bush to hit the big numbers. Same applies to Williams. The difference is that Mark Barnes and all of the sports talk people need to make outlandish claims to be noticed. If Bush were in Houston gaining 56 yards in 2 games, Mark Barnes would be all over that, too.

I'm sure that some people feel superior making irrelevant claims 3 games into the season. I'm sure this post will provoke some more. The sinple fact is, it is too soon to make the call. But, if Mark wants to repeat it, I am sure he will. Maybe he'll put it in caps next time, so we'll all pay attention. Maybe he'll put up some more career stats of some other players to compare to a guy in his 3rd game. I'm sure it will all be interesting and....irrelevant.

At least Vince Young is stinking up the place so bad that no one is bringing HIM up anymore....even though 2 games means nothing, either.

Two things:

1) Vince Young is another player expected to not have a stellar first season (same with Leinart), but their talent and future role in the NFL are expected to skyrocket. Young is expected to come off the bench to learn the NFL schemes more before he goes out there right out the gate.

2) Bush HAS been producing. The Saints are 3-0. That's all I look at...

Hey smartguy, in his rookie season. Oh and Mark F.Barnes, Seattle has played horrible teams until last Sunday when they played the Giants.

Reggie White's Rookie Season

Let's see first year in the NFL 1985 played 13 games with Philadelphia:

13 sacks

87 tackles

32 assists

0 fumble recoveries

0 interceptions

READ BEFORE YOU POST KIDDO!!!!!

And what's the rant about who Seattle's playing?

Detroit yea not great

Arizona on the other hand is a pretty good team. Definately not Horrible!

I take it you are rebutting my example of Daryl Tapp, Well he was also a lot cheaper than a 1st pick and 54 million.

Now smart comment for Trent Cole? They signed that guy for NFL minimum wage. I guess the Eagles played HORRIBLE teams too.

Aren't you late for the short bus to school?

Oh yeah Red Hare just how is Vince Young stinking up the joint? He hasn't even started a game yet, limited play only. I guess you are one of these GURU's that key off of the QB rating system, that has no nomenclature in place to offset the tipped ball interception that of course kills the QB rating formula. QB rating is a farce. Terry Bradshaw and Roger Staubach are good examples. Do you know what Terry Bradshaw's career rating was? 78.3 Staubach? 88.5 I guess they were mediocre!

It is important to remember that the system is used to rate passers, not quarterbacks. Statistics do not reflect leadership, play-calling, and other intangible factors that go into making a successful professional quarterback. Adjusted yards per attempt probably hurts the players in vertical offenses more, because of the high penalty for interceptions. But INTs are very costly to a team (check out the winning percentages of teams that lose the turnover battle), so I