DB Kevin Garrett

DT Robaire Smith

DB Michael Stone

RB Chris Taylor

The Texans claimed off waivers:

DB Roc Alexander (Denver Broncos)

DT Atiyyah Ellison (Carolina Panthers)

DB Guss Scott (New England Patriots)

WR Edell Shepherd (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)

Edited by houstonsemipro

^^Didn't see it.

Look at this:

dayne_ron0728.jpg

Before coming to Denver.

335.jpg

After coming to Denver.

NOTE: LOOK AT HIS MIDSECTION, THE GUY LOST OVER 20 LBS COMMING TO DENVER AND HE LOOKED VERY FIT. Last year during the preseason he was tearing it up as well. If he did not have the Turf-Toe he would be the starter for Denver, so he will be real good for us.

Edited by Trae

Have anyone seen today's game? The Texans sucks! Their defense sucks! David Carr sucks! The running game sucks! I mean damn, they look like a first year team all over again. I really do feel sorry for Carr, the guy just don't have it.

They lost against the Eagles, and next week is another lost against the Colts. The Texans may be a contender again for the first round draft pick next year.

Nah, David Carr and our Defense did good today (did you see DeMeco). Our defense lacked after halftime, and our fans suck!. It was so quiet in Reliant I thought I was in a Tennis Match. They need to make some noise in their. Hopefully once Ron Dayne gets healthy, our running attack will pick up. But remember, the Eagles are a good team. We weren't playing the Tick-Tacks here.

Simple answer:

You have the first pick in the draft, you pass over the two greatest offensive weapons to come across the draft in a decade, you chose an unknown defensive lineman from NC sign him to a $54 million dollar deal, of which Williams is guaranteed $26.5 million. You have no offense, you have a half-assed defense, what did you really exspect. Vince young would have given his heart and soul to play for his hometown. What I've seen of Bush thus far looks better than the entire Texans offense combined.

Texans general manager Charley Casserly needs to shoot himself and insure that he doesn't breed any more stupidity of his genetic makeup into the world.

LOSERS

Maybe...but there isn't a better entertainment outlet in town.

I was there at 9am tailgating and getting to know the other fans. Then, watched the Texans play a half of really great football, where the crowd was incredibly loud. Eric Moulds' touchdown sounded like a jet engine roaring overhead.

Last Thursday night, I attended a Houston Symphony event, where the orchestra played the music of NFL Films, synchronized to a montage of footage. It was amazing, and the first show of its kind ever.

Last night, my wife and I attended the Taste of Victory event in the practice bubble. Restaurants from all over Houston had great food and Crown Royal was flowing freely. There was also a fashion show by the cheerleaders and a pretty good jazz band playing. Very nice.

Now, I'm definitely more of a baseball fan than an NFL fan. But, teams of many sports, of many cities out there could learn a lot about their fan experience from the Texans. From top to bottom, this organization represents our city very well. They are working hard to put a good product on the field, too. Give them some time. They played hard today. They will do better.

All told, I think we have one of the best organizations in the league. I think it's just a matter of time before that translates into having one of the best teams in the league.

Edited by dalparadise

^^^ I totally agree with you, Barnes.

Well, Texans fans. Prepare yourself for another losing season.

I'm sick of this. Everyone keeps saying "The Texans are like Portland in picking up Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan." Dumb. The Rockets passed on Michael Jordan, too, and got "The dream." Guess what, the Dream won two championships and is in the Hall of Fame. He did Real Good. The Dream=Mario Williams. Sam Bowie=Reggie Bush. No one knows what Sam Bowie did. Then the third man was Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan revolutionized the position of guard. Something Vince Young should do for the quarterback position. Michael Jordan=Vince Young.

Also, we came out hot, Philly adjusted and shut us down. The end.

Mario Williams? Not impressed but I'm still willing to wait. Not many guys at his position blew up in their first game. It's too soon to be reading "Mario is a BUST". I thought he looked like a rookie today.

Charles Spencer? Today he played pretty good IMO. He didn't get as abused as our rookie LT's usually seem to get.

All the same 5 sacks sucks. That's an 80 sack pace. If they don't get that solved ASAP we're going to lose this new, pretty decent David Carr I saw out there.

Speaking of David Carr I was amazed to find him playing much better than the guy who had me so worried in the preseason. That happy-feet wearing jumpy, gun-shy QB might come back but for today he wasn't the problem. The problem was IMO the running game.

Wali Lundy? There's a reason why he was picked in the 6th round and today we saw it. There's also a reason why Gary Kubiak felt it necessary to go out and get Ron Dayne when Denver waived him. Our young backs didn't get it done today. Either that or our line didn't get their blocking done today. Too many times I saw Lundy with no place to cut back. I suspect it was a little of both.

It was step one in the 2006 season. We'll be better over the second half of the season so I'm not too worried right now. I think we're still better than we looked today. Remember we're starting rookies all over the place and giving others playing time. Thats a lot of guys to get their first taste of real NFL action on the same day against a very good Eagles team. Remember also that we were 2-14 last year.

We only have one direction to go in this season and that's up.

I also hate fairweather fans like Mark. F Barnes and HoustonSemiPro. Support the team, even inspight of a loss.

Edited by Trae

Carr looked like a rookie all over again. Yes, I agree he came out with fire, but just like Carr, the fire dies out. For a vertern quarterback (like Carr) he needs to have that spark throughout the football games, not just one quarter, duh.

And you said you not worried? You better be, cause Carr and the Texans will go 0-4, with Sage coming off the bench maybe after bye week, or before then. If the Texans do something, anything in the season it will be with Sage, not Carr. The man was tripping over his damn feet for God sake. Call that a quarterback? Plus, he was running 15-20 yards back trying to throw the ball, got sack 5 times. Bob McNair, is trying to make Carr out of something that he's not. He can not lend this team to playoffs, or to Super Bowl.

How Carr looked in preseason was going to follow in regular season.

I also hate fairweather fans like Mark. F Barnes and HoustonSemiPro. Support the team, even in spight of a loss.

Be careful who you call a fairweather fan, I'm no fan at all of the Texans, I simply made an observation. I have been a non fan of any Houston franchise since Bud Adams shafted Bum Phillips. I was a big Jeff Fisher fan and still am, just can't stand Bud Adams. I am so anti Bud Adams, I won't sell my crude through Gulfmark, it will sit in storage first. I have tried to keep an open mind and a sit back and watch with the Texans. I have no real issues with Bob McNair but he hired an udder idiot in Casserly. Casserly has managed to escape intense media criticism by being a regular leaker to sportswriters, who feel beholden to the jackass for giving them not-for-attribution scoops. It's the same thing politicians do to the media in Washington and Austin. How about personnel moves that didn't pan out, most notably the high draft pick used on quarterback Heath Shuler, who proved a bust. Desmond Howard in 1992. Coincidentally, in the same season that Casserly and the 'Skins wasted a first-rounder on Howard, they gave up on a 12th-round pick from 1991 named Keenan McCardell. The draft record and win record speak for itself. Fast forward to the present. Tackle Tony Boselli, Casserly's first selection in the expansion draft, was one of the biggest mistakes in NFL history who retired in 2003 due to chronic shoulder problems and never played a down for the team. Carr, the jury is still out, but he looked awfully like a damn rookie out there today. Dom Capers is gone mixed emotions about that, didn't have much to work with and Casserly served him up to save his own ass. He thinks Gary Kubiak is going to be terrific, and with Casserly collecting the information and Kubiak making the final call, their partnership might work. His partnership with Dom Capers didn't work. But if you evaluate his decisions as they look today, he deserved to go. He deserved to be fired. His staying is a poor reflection of Bob McNair's leadership. Why doesn't he hold people accountable? Here's why, because he's too close to the decision-making. He comes to practices, sits in on meetings and even showed up at Vince Young's pro day. When you are this close to action, the alibis of your staff about mistakes become your alibis. Owners should evaluate one thing, the win-loss record. In the end, nothing else matters. If the personnel people and coaches are doing their job, the won-loss record will reflect it. If not, they should be able to explain what went wrong. All personnel people make mistakes. At some point, it should be easy to decide if the personnel people have done their jobs well. No matter what input coaches had, Casserly was the general manager when those bad draft picks were made. He was also GM when Todd Wade and Gary Walker got big contracts, when Phillip Buchanon was acquired, etc. Are you telling me Mario Williams is Akeem the dream, the only dream is the dream you're having about that point. More like Ralph Sampson. Big and rangey but not a franchise player. Bob Lilly, Randy White, L.T., Reggie White; those are defensive players that are franchise players. How can you believe that Bob McNair is serious about building a Super Bowl contender when you allow your GM to pass on arguably two of the most gifted and talented players in NCAA history? Answer that one with something remotely that makes any sense. Do you even watch college ball? What is the object of the draft? To draft the best available athlete possible. It's worked out well for years. You tell me that Mario Williams was the best athlete available? Dream on.

Get rid of Charley Casserly and they may have a chance. Until then they are doomed. PERIOD.

Be careful who you call a fairweather fan, I'm no fan at all of the Texans, I simply made an observation. I have been a non fan of any Houston franchise since Bud Adams shafted Bum Phillips. I was a big Jeff Fisher fan and still am, just can't stand Bud Adams. I am so anti Bud Adams, I won't sell my crude through Gulfmark, it will sit in storage first. I have tried to keep an open mind and a sit back and watch with the Texans. I have no real issues with Bob McNair but he hired an udder idiot in Casserly. Casserly has managed to escape intense media criticism by being a regular leaker to sportswriters, who feel beholden to the jackass for giving them not-for-attribution scoops. It's the same thing politicians do to the media in Washington and Austin. How about personnel moves that didn't pan out, most notably the high draft pick used on quarterback Heath Shuler, who proved a bust. Desmond Howard in 1992. Coincidentally, in the same season that Casserly and the 'Skins wasted a first-rounder on Howard, they gave up on a 12th-round pick from 1991 named Keenan McCardell. The draft record and win record speak for itself. Fast forward to the present. Tackle Tony Boselli, Casserly's first selection in the expansion draft, was one of the biggest mistakes in NFL history who retired in 2003 due to chronic shoulder problems and never played a down for the team. Carr, the jury is still out, but he looked awfully like a damn rookie out there today. Dom Capers is gone mixed emotions about that, didn't have much to work with and Casserly served him up to save his own ass. He thinks Gary Kubiak is going to be terrific, and with Casserly collecting the information and Kubiak making the final call, their partnership might work. His partnership with Dom Capers didn't work. But if you evaluate his decisions as they look today, he deserved to go. He deserved to be fired. His staying is a poor reflection of Bob McNair's leadership. Why doesn't he hold people accountable? Here's why, because he's too close to the decision-making. He comes to practices, sits in on meetings and even showed up at Vince Young's pro day. When you are this close to action, the alibis of your staff about mistakes become your alibis. Owners should evaluate one thing, the win-loss record. In the end, nothing else matters. If the personnel people and coaches are doing their job, the won-loss record will reflect it. If not, they should be able to explain what went wrong. All personnel people make mistakes. At some point, it should be easy to decide if the personnel people have done their jobs well. No matter what input coaches had, Casserly was the general manager when those bad draft picks were made. He was also GM when Todd Wade and Gary Walker got big contracts, when Phillip Buchanon was acquired, etc. Are you telling me Mario Williams is Akeem the dream, the only dream is the dream you're having about that point. More like Ralph Sampson. Big and rangey but not a franchise player. Bob Lilly, Randy White, L.T., Reggie White; those are defensive players that are franchise players. How can you believe that Bob McNair is serious about building a Super Bowl contender when you allow your GM to pass on arguably two of the most gifted and talented players in NCAA history? Answer that one with something remotely that makes any sense. Do you even watch college ball? What is the object of the draft? To draft the best available athlete possible. It's worked out well for years. You tell me that Mario Williams was the best athlete available? Dream on.

Get rid of Charley Casserly and they may have a chance. Until then they are doomed. PERIOD.

Ummm...Casserley's gone.

Okay I see Rick Smith from the Broncos.....they were 13-3 last year.....maybe a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a ways off, a lot of damage to overcome, but this guy appears to be a wheeler dealer on the free agent market, now that's a plus. Established players, veterans, would be a step in the right direction. Get rid of the dead weight. If Carr struggles early, Kubiak should turn to backup quarterback Sage Rosenfels. Rosenfels outperformed Carr in training camp and in the preseason. Hopefully David Carr is on a short leash. Give him an honest shot to pick it up (new system) but not an entire season, if he's gonna lead the team then lead it. Kubiak is a QB guru, if he can't help him, there is no help. They have got to get a big game RB and one dangerous receiver. The rest can balance out. If they can keep the other team guessing they are gonna make progress, if they can't they are dead.

Have anyone seen today's game? The Texans sucks! Their defense sucks! David Carr sucks! The running game sucks! I mean damn, they look like a first year team all over again. I really do feel sorry for Carr, the guy just don't have it.

They lost against the Eagles, and next week is another lost against the Colts. The Texans may be a contender again for the first round draft pick next year.

Semipro, you haven't an idea what your talking about. Your probably one the guys who actually believed the Texans would make the playoffs this year. I won't justify giving you a proper education on building a football team, so I'll end it here.

Semipro, you haven't an idea what your talking about. Your probably one the guys who actually believed the Texans would make the playoffs this year. I won't justify giving you a proper education on building a football team, so I'll end it here.

You want to know how to build a football team?

Take a good look at Jacksonville,

1995 4-12 Fifth in AFC Central

1996 8-8 2-1 in Post Second in AFC Central

1997 11-5 0-1 in Post Second in AFC Central

1998 10-6 1-1 in Post First in AFC Central

1999 14-2 1-1 in Post First in AFC Central

2000 7-9 Fourth in AFC Central

2001 6-10 Fifth in AFC Central

2002 6-10 Third in AFC South

2003 5-11 Third in AFC South (New Head Coach Jack Del Rio)

2004 8-8 Third in AFC South

2005 12-4 0-1 in Post Second in AFC South

91-69 Regular Season. 4-5 in Post

Now look at Houston

2002 4-12 Last in the AFC South

2003 5-11 Last in the AFC South

2004 7-9 Third in the AFC South

2005 2-14 Last in the AFC South

19-46 in Regular Season 0-0 Post

33-31 for JAX first 4 years. (including three yrs in the playoffs.)

Sounds Like a plan that works

1995 4-12 Fifth in AFC Central

1996 8-8 2-1 in Post Second in AFC Central

1997 11-5 0-1 in Post Second in AFC Central

1998 10-6 1-1 in Post First in AFC Central

1999 14-2 1-1 in Post First in AFC Central

2000 7-9 Fourth in AFC Central

2001 6-10 Fifth in AFC Central

2002 6-10 Third in AFC South

2003 5-11 Third in AFC South (New Head Coach Jack Del Rio)

2004 8-8 Third in AFC South

2005 12-4 0-1 in Post Second in AFC South

91-69 Regular Season. 4-5 in Post

Now look at Houston

2002 4-12 Last in the AFC South

2003 5-11 Last in the AFC South

2004 7-9 Third in the AFC South

2005 2-14 Last in the AFC South

19-46 in Regular Season 0-0 Post

33-31 for JAX first 4 years. (including three yrs in the playoffs.)

There are many teams that have have been successful in there rebuilding, Jacksonville happens to be one of them. The key here that some don't seem to realize, is that Houston is back to square 1. They've got a new system, new plays, new coach etc, so give Kubiak some time to fix what Casserly and Capers screwed up. On top of that, it will probably take at least another year to sure up the Offensive line as well, so have some patience.

To many seem to be living in a fantasy world in where they thought this team would be.

Nah, David Carr and our Defense did good today (did you see DeMeco). Our defense lacked after halftime, and our fans suck!. It was so quiet in Reliant I thought I was in a Tennis Match. They need to make some noise in their. Hopefully once Ron Dayne gets healthy, our running attack will pick up. But remember, the Eagles are a good team. We weren't playing the Tick-Tacks here.

I agree and disagree. I was actually at the game (7 rows from the 10 yard line). The fans were LOUD AS HELL in the 1st quarter. We cheered our ass off so long as the Texans did something worth cheering for. The crowd was VERY involved. You still gotta give the fans something to cheer for to keep them loud...like....um...a win perhaps?

I agree that David Carr and DeMeco Ryans did a great job. If they have the right linemen around them, they both have lots of potential. The linemen (offensive AND defensive) flatout lost the game for the Texans.

Five sacks on your QB, and ZERO on McNabb. David Carr was on his back more times in this game than Paris Hilton in one tape.

0-4 bye week. Texans will be contenders for 1st round draft next year. They will lose against the Cowboys, and Jacksonville. The only game that I know that they might have a chance on beating is the Titans, and their no push over either. The Texans be lucky if they win 5 games this year.

Futhermore, if they keep losing. The fans will sell their tickets, and no one will be at the games again (like last year).

Remember, I'm always right about the Texans. Everything I said toward the Texans came true. Because I know, and y'all know the Texans don't have a chance on a cold day in hell on beating Manning and the Colts.

Have y'all heard of Pick-a-part Auto? That's what Manning going to do with the defense, pick'em apart. This should be good practice for Manning.

There are many teams that have have been successful in there rebuilding, Jacksonville happens to be one of them. The key here that some don't seem to realize, is that Houston is back to square 1. They've got a new system, new plays, new coach etc, so give Kubiak some time to fix what Casserly and Capers screwed up. On top of that, it will probably take at least another year to sure up the Offensive line as well, so have some patience.

To many seem to be living in a fantasy world in where they thought this team would be.

Dom Capers seems to know his business, or did anyway

______(Dom Capers Era.........)(George Seifert Era__)(John Fox Era______________>

..........1995..1996..1997 ..1998 ...1999 ...2000 ...2001 ...2002 ...2003 ...2004 ...2005 ..Total .....Playoffs

Overall 7-9... 12-4 ..7-9 ....4-12 ....8-8 .....7-9 .....1-15 ....7-9 ....11-5 .....7-9 .....11-5 .82-94 .......6-3

Home ..5-3 ...8-0 ....2-6 ...2-6 ......5-3 .....5-3 .....0-8 ......4-4 .....6-2 ......3-5 .......5-3 .45-43 .......2-0

Away ..2-6 ....4-4 ...5-3 ...2-6 .......3-5 .....2-6 ....1-7 ......3-5 .....5-3 .......4-4 .......6-2..37-51 .......4-3

Dom Capers Record 30-34 one playoff berth and advanced to the NFC Championship (30-13 loss to GB)

Dom Capers Honors: for 1996

Pro Football Weekly/PFWA Coach of the Year; AP Coach of the Year; UPI NFC Coach of the Year; Sporting News Coach of the Year; Football News Coach of the Year; Sports Illustrated Coach of the Year; USA Today Coach of the Year; College and Pro Football Newsweekly Coach of the Year; Maxwell Club Coach of the Year (Earle "Greasy" Neale Trophy)

Panthers All-Time Head Coaches..............Regular Season .............Postseason ................Total

Coach............. Seasons ......Years .....W....... L .....T .......PCT .....W .....L .....PCT .....W....L ....T .......PCT

Dom Capers .......4.......... 1995-1998 30 ......34 .....0 .......469 .....1 .......1 ....500 .....31 ..35 ...0 .......470

George Seifert ....3 ..........1999-2001 16 ......32 .....0 .......333 .....0 .......0 ....000 .....16 ..32 ...0 .......333

John Fox .............4 ..........2002- .......36 .....28 ......0 .......563 .....5 .......2 ....714 .....41 ..30 ...0 ......577

Now this team has had three different coaches, (one that you blame the Texans problems on)

They are 6-3 in the post season

including:

Two NFC Championship Appearances (1 win)

a Superbowl appearance.

You actually think the Texans are anywhere near this?

How about the Ravens?

year end statisticsRecord: l4-12 (Points: 371-441)

Standing: 5th AFC Central

Coach: Ted Marchibroda

year end statisticsRecord: 6-9-1 (Points: 326-345)

Standing: 5th AFC Central

year end statisticsRecord: 6-10 (Points: 269-335)

Standing: 4th AFC Central

year end statisticsRecord: 8-8 (Points: 324-277) Note: COACHING CHANGE

Standing: 3rd AFC Central

Coach: Brian Billick

year end statisticsRecord: 12-4 (Points: 333-165)

Standing: 2nd AFC Central - Wild Card - Superbowl Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

year end statisticsRecord: 10-6 (Points: 303-265)

Standing: 2nd AFC Central - Wild Card

year end statisticsRecord: 7-9 (Points: 316-354)

Standing: 3rd AFC North

year end statisticsRecord: 10-6 (Points: 391-281)

Standing: 1st AFC North - Division Title

year end statisticsRecord: 9-7 (Points: 317-268)

Standing: 2nd AFC North

year end statisticsRecord: 6-10 (Points: 265-299)

Standing: 3rd AFC North

Maybe Bum Phillips still has a hex on Houston for the way they did him!!!!!! Luv Ya Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!

0-4 bye week. Texans will be contenders for 1st round draft next year. They will lose against the Cowboys, and Jacksonville. The only game that I know that they might have a chance on beating is the Titans, and their no push over either. The Texans be lucky if they win 5 games this year.

Futhermore, if they keep losing. The fans will sell their tickets, and no one will be at the games again (like last year).

Remember, I'm always right about the Texans. Everything I said toward the Texans came true. Because I know, and y'all know the Texans don't have a chance on a cold day in hell on beating Manning and the Colts.

Have y'all heard of Pick-a-part Auto? That's what Manning going to do with the defense, pick'em apart. This should be good practice for Manning.

Yea, we should've gotten Bush. If our defensive line is not capable of sacking the opposing QB more than 3 times a game, Williams wasn't worth giving up Bush for. Maybe I'm expecting too much from a 1st pick in the 1st draft. My problem is that not only did we not sack McNabb, but we didn't get anywhere near him. Did anyone see how much time McNabb had to pass. We picked up Williams over Bush because the Texans thought he could contribute more than Bush. Williams may have talent, but if he's not able to make an immediate impact as much as Bush or Young with the Saints or Titans, the Texans may lose a LOT of credibility by the end of this season.

The OL stunk. I'm not saying that the season is over at all. They can turn it around. But if the Texans' OL doesn't improve blocking for Carr and Lundy, expect a worse season than the last one. Hopefully, Kubiak will help the line establish a better blocking system for Carr to pass. And Carr needs to be able to pass more than depend on the running game, because that's his bread & butter.

I'm not expecting a win against the Colts, but I'm expecting the Texans to at least look more competitive during the 2nd half.

It sure WAS a plan that works. Too bad they changed the rules on starting up an expansion team. The rules that Jax and Carolina exploited to great success in the mid-90s no longer existed for the Browns and Texans.

For those crying about Carr, look at the QB ratings for yesterday's games.

I'm glad none of y'all are coaching the team....first game quitters. Oh, and get over the Bum Phillips thing. It was ONLY 25 years ago! If your stilled pissed, root against the Titans! They're the ones that fired him, not McNair.

PS - DJ, I was 2ND row, 25 yard line. And, yes, the crowd was VERY loud, until stunned into silence. :D

Edited by RedScare