I've heard the Texans have problems in runningbacks, cornerbacks and linebackers, that's what Channel 11 News stated. Futhermore, Wali Rainer (linebacker) is out for the season with a broken ankle. They looking at Demco Ryans (rookie) and Sam Cowart to step up.

It's going to be alot of fowns this season.

Yes that's true texans have been bad evesince 2003 and don't know can they ever recover.

I agree. They're dropping like flies at practice I've heard. So far, it looks like another bad season for the Texans.

Stephen A Smith said last night that he expects the Texans 2 be "garbage" this season. He talked for 5 minutes about the Colts, 5 on the Jaguars, 5 on the Titans, and less than 20 seconds on the Texans. I tivo'ed it

I hope we make the playoff just for that:)

Chris Taylor is a beast. We have found our Willie Parker (Willie Parker was an undrafted free agent, like Chris Taylor). Kubiak knows how to work with these kind of RB's.

KAHLA FAN 101, we have been bad ever since the beginning of the 2005 season. You saying 2003 is funny, because that would mean our second year of existence, and wouldn't count oour 5-12 and 7-9.

We are not in the need for linebackers, runningbacks, or cornerbacks. Dexter will be good for us.

We also might get Bennett (RB) from the Saints, because they do not have enough money for Duece, Reggie, and Bennett. They are all 40 million plus runningbacks.

Bennet signed with someone else yesterday, maybe Kansas City

Now that wwe have our biggest needs met, I think NOW is the time to look for a star backup RB. Domanick Davis will not be injury-free this season. If we had good blockng, we could have drafted Bush, but we didn't.

We could have used an N.O. backup

^^^ Chris Taylor probably is a beast in practice, but let's just wait until preseason starts next Saturday. I've change about bragging on these guys, cause when you start bragging on them that's when they get hurt, or start missing up.

And I have to agree, Davis is not going to have an injury-free season. I hope Antwann Smith, and Morceny make up for it. Furthermore, TE Ben Steele got his ankle broke, or somthing like that, and now he's out for the season.

This reminds me of 2004 season all over again.

Edited by houstonsemipro

My prediction on the AFC South...

Clots will remain the AFC South Champions, follow by the Jaguars. The Texans taking 3rd, and Titans in 4th.

The Texans and Titans will be neck to neck in record wise. I would say no more then 6 or 7 wins for each. Texans probably won't even see .500 ball this season.

Edited by houstonsemipro

I don't know, the texans have a chance at second, because the Jags seemed to be slowing down towards the end of last season (especially in the playoffs). Who did they add this year?

DSC_0053.JPG

Is his jersey black, or is it just sweat and water, because a black Texans jersey would go hard.

Edited by Trae

My prediction on the AFC South...

Clots will remain the AFC South Champions, follow by the Jaguars. The Texans taking 3rd, and Titans in 4th.

The Texans and Titans will be neck to neck in record wise. I would say no more then 6 or 7 wins for each. Texans probably won't even see .500 ball this season.

6 wins would be HUGE for this team and would be a great boost in restoring credibility and fan base. I think they may surprise you and hit that magic 8 wins, though...

So far, the Texans has 89 players on the roster. They need to cut 36 players to meet the 53 man roster by regular season. Who y'all think would be those 36 unlucky players?

Probably 36 that we've never heard of :P No offense to any HAIF members who are currently in training camp.

I'm expecting the Texans to have a good start, winning 3 of their first 5 games, surprising a lot of ESPN pessimists, then slipping a little during midseason, then staying consistant towards the end and finishing 8-8.

DJ and Trae. I seriously doubt that the Texans would see .500 ball this season, but if they do that would be a great start and first time in Texans history.

Winning the first 3 of their 5 games you say, DJ? Mmmmm, I don't know about that either. Let's go back to Texans 2006 schedule...

First game, Eagles. I'll give Texans that game to win, cause they going to be pump up opening their first regular season game at home.

Second, we have the Clots. That a big FAT L. As long they have Peyton Manning at quarterback, the Texans could hang it up.

Third, the Redskins. A good defense and offense, followed by good coaching. Texans will try, but will not succeed.

Fourth, we have the Dolphins. Oh my goodness, David Boston and Dante Culpepper, plus a good defense? Another L for our Texans.

Fifth, after the bye week is the rivarly, the Cowboys. The Texans will go head to head with them, but at the end T.O. will slience them.

So, I'm looking at 1-4 in the first 5 games. They better win the first one against the Eagles, if they don't they're in for it throughout the season.

DJ and Trae. I seriously doubt that the Texans would see .500 ball this season, but if they do that would be a great start and first time in Texans history.

Winning the first 3 of their 5 games you say, DJ? Mmmmm, I don't know about that either. Let's go back to Texans 2006 schedule...

First game, Eagles. I'll give Texans that game to win, cause they going to be pump up opening their first regular season game at home.

Second, we have the Clots. That a big FAT L. As long they have Peyton Manning at quarterback, the Texans could hang it up.

Third, the Redskins. A good defense and offense, followed by good coaching. Texans will try, but will not succeed.

Fourth, we have the Dolphins. Oh my goodness, David Boston and Dante Culpepper, plus a good defense? Another L for our Texans.

Fifth, after the bye week is the rivarly, the Cowboys. The Texans will go head to head with them, but at the end T.O. will slience them.

So, I'm looking at 1-4 in the first 5 games. They better win the first one against the Eagles, if they don't they're in for it throughout the season.

I predict us beating the Eagles, Dolphins, and Redskins. If the Texans' new defensive line do what they're paid to do, we'll beat them, and give the Colts and Cowboys a run for their money. The target the line wants to be able to take out is Peyton Manning. Imagine if they were successful. Think of how dangerous of a team the Texans would be if their line was capable of that. We have the talent to do it. Do we have the coaching staff?

Here's another off-topic question for ya, Semipro. Who do you think will have a better season: The Ravens or the Titans? (I say Ravens)

I'll say Ravens, too. Steve McNair, a good running game and strong defense? Sounds like they might have a shot in postseason in a wildcard spot.

Furthermore, I can't see the Texans beating Dolphins, Clots, or the Redskins. I just can't. But, I agree on beating the Eagles. Don't forget, Mr. McNabb is going to keep things alive by making plays of his own.

Edited by houstonsemipro

Another player lost for the season. Defensive back Chris McKenzie, who collided with receiver Kevin Walter during practice Wednesday, suffered a fractured shoulder socket and will undergo surgery. Coach Kubiak say's he's done for the season.

These guy's falling like flies out there. And y'all say playoffs? Winning 8 games? Beating Clots, Redskins, Dolphins, even the Eagles? Get real. 1-3, or 0-4 during bye week.

This is happening at a lot of training camps. Don't forget that Culpepper is not completely 100% after his injury with the Vikings. He is still trying to work on it. I have to look up more on the Redskins, but the Colts lost Reggie Wayne and Edgerin James this offseason. Who did they fill in their place?

This is happening at a lot of training camps. Don't forget that Culpepper is not completely 100% after his injury with the Vikings. He is still trying to work on it. I have to look up more on the Redskins, but the Colts lost Reggie Wayne and Edgerin James this offseason. Who did they fill in their place?

Oye Trae. That doesn't make the Colts any stronger. Still got a good team, but those were good players they lost.

Semipro, if (IF) the Texans defensive line is able to take every quarterback to their weakest game, how many of the first five games do you think we'll win?

I would say they have a chance on winning at least 3-4 games in their first 5, maybe undefeated.

You have to realize that they will be facing two running quarterbacks, McNabb and Culpepper. If they see blitz they taking off running, and still be gainning yards. 3rd and 3, or 4th and 1 watch out they will run. For Redskins, Clots and Cowboys they're pocket quarterbacks, and blitzing them will throw their game off.

Edited by houstonsemipro

You have to realize that they will be facing two running quarterbacks, McNabb and Culpepper. If they see blitz they taking off running, and still be gainning yards. 3rd and 3, or 4th and 1 watch out they will run. For

:lol:

You're kidding, right? Since when does rushing for 147 and 55 yards make you a running quarterback? David Carr ran for more yards than these two gimps, COMBINED.

^^I have been around football my whole life semipro (I actually play defensive tackle for Katy now), and the real reason for McNabb and Culpepper's low run yards was because of their injuries. They were gone for the majority of the seaon.

The 2004 season would have been a better example. The chart, if I can remember, went something like this:

1. Vick

2. McNabb

3. Carr

4. Culpepper

I will go look up the stats.