I don't understand why Houston radio guys are saying we need to lose this one and then Texans fans can cheer after that. Am I missing something? I understand if we lose we win the tie breaker with Jax for the #1 pick, but if we win our last three games and they lose theirs, don't they still get the pick ahead of us since they'll finish with a worse record?

And now I'm torn. I wanted Case to succeed but I just don't think he has it. Maybe it's just not fair to him as everyone is judging him like a vet instead of a qb with no time with the #1s until he started his first game. At least rookie qb's normally get the preseason to prepare.

And if Scaub is the starting qb for the rest of the season and does well as he has the times he's come in since being hurt...what does McNair do? Keep Kubes and Schaub again?

Kubes and Schaub have skills, I just don't know if they have, "it", what it takes.

• Like 1

I'm not very knowledgeable on the whole draft situation but I too want Case to succeed.

I will say that this season has given Case so much more experience, confidence and presence that he can be groomed to be a great back up or potential starter somewhere. Though he isn't doing as great as we had all hoped and dreamed, he is still doing much better than anyone had given him credit for before the draft in which he was eventually passed over by.

I honestly cannot fathom a situation that Kube and Schaub will stay with the organization. It is apparent that the play calling is too conservative, and the quarterback doesn't have what it takes under pressure. On the positive note I was thoroughly impressed to see Schaub scramble, get out of the pocket and run for some yardage last night. That was a big improvement for him in my mind.

I love this team, and though things seem bleak we still have what it takes to be a high caliber team. We merely just need to make a few changes, and hopefully we will have a chance next season for redemption.

Case isn't the guy.  He's got tallent, and like Mike Mayock said (btw: that man is a great analyst for live football) Case has at least proven he has the ability to be a very good backup in this league.

As much as I like the coach's as people, its clear they all need to go.  Wade is great, but he isn't a good HC.

At any rate I think the Texans will take a lineman to anchor the OL on the right side, or a defensive tackle to help JJ and take a QB in the second or third round and stick it out with either Schaub or Keenum next season while the younger player grows.  And since Marcus Mariotta was (by some scouts) the best overall QB prospect to come out I'm happy taking a big guy in the first.  Either side of the line needs another solidly producing big man.

All I know is, Mark Vandeermeer is the worst radio guy in the NFL, and that texans Live showon 610 is just a Bob McNair poopy head Kissing Contest.

Well to be fair Mark Vandeermeer WORKS for the Texans now, not Sports Radio 610.  And "Texans Live" is put on by the Texans.  So of course its a kiss-up contest.

I feel like he is a bit too much of a homer, but otherwise he's ok.

Not sure what the Texans should do going forward.  I feel that Kubiak ought to have been fired after the first loss to Jacksonville, but he wasn't because they didn't want to look bad firing a guy returning from the hospital (though he honestly should have stepped aside for the rest of the season for his health - not like he needs the money).  I've never like Bob McNair - I always felt that anyone with that insanely large amount of money who wants to own a sports team has some shortcomings in their own life that they felt like buying an extra expensive toy.  I also hate the corporate welfare we give these sports owners!  I'd much rather see that money go to Chevron and the company they hire to move their employees to town.

• 5 months later...

I wish him the best, and I don't blame it all on him, but, but...the premise for this video is kinda funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7RcZR3BX0E

And maybe I'm crazy but I really liked me some Case. Had his confidence not been crushed (2nd time the Texans have done that to a QB) he could have been something, too bad O'brien won't give him a chance

Edited by lockmat

• 2 years later...

I did a little bit of research.  It looks like there have only ever been two "home" game Superbowls

• XIV: Steelers v LA Rams at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena
  • XIX: 49ers v Dolphins at Standford Stadium

They weren't the teams home field, but they were in the area.  No team has ever played the Superbowl in their home stadium

Houston has actually hosted 2 Superbowls, one at Rice in 1974 and one at Reliant in 2004

The Oilers never went to the Superbowl, though they did as the Titans in 1999.  The Texans have never gone. :(

• The title was changed to Houston Texans
  • 7 months later...
  • The title was changed to 2
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally a NFL team worth watching in Houston. This was my first time to be able to watch the Texans in weeks because I have AT&T U-Verse and Tegna is having a pissing contest with them to get more fees from AT&T U-Verse. So I can't watch their games on TV, until today when it was of Fox. Great game, Texans dominated and won 26-3 over the flaming thumbtacks from tennessee.

0xMO7iH.png

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Flaming Thumbtack

"The Texans made sure to squeeze as much Houston as possible into the halftime show of the Texans' win over the Titans on Sunday in a celebration of 50 years of hip hop. With legendary DJ OG Ron C, a co-founder of Swishahouse Records providing support, a quartet of Houston icons — Lil Flip, Lil Keke, Mike Jones and Z-Ro — all took turns performing one of their legendary verses.

Mike Jones, wearing a No. 44 Texans jersey with “Still Tippin” on the back, performed "Back Then" which includes the familiar hook relatable to the resurgent Texans: "Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot, they all on me."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/zro-mike-jones-lil-flip-keke-texans-halftime-video-18582832.php

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hindesky said:

Finally a NFL team worth watching in Houston. This was my first time to be able to watch the Texans in weeks because I have AT&T U-Verse and Tegna is having a pissing contest with them to get more fees from AT&T U-Verse. So I can't watch their games on TV, until today when it was of Fox. Great game, Texans dominated and won 26-3 over the flaming thumbtacks from tennessee.

0xMO7iH.png

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Flaming Thumbtack

"The Texans made sure to squeeze as much Houston as possible into the halftime show of the Texans' win over the Titans on Sunday in a celebration of 50 years of hip hop. With legendary DJ OG Ron C, a co-founder of Swishahouse Records providing support, a quartet of Houston icons — Lil Flip, Lil Keke, Mike Jones and Z-Ro — all took turns performing one of their legendary verses.

Mike Jones, wearing a No. 44 Texans jersey with “Still Tippin” on the back, performed "Back Then" which includes the familiar hook relatable to the resurgent Texans: "Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot, they all on me."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/zro-mike-jones-lil-flip-keke-texans-halftime-video-18582832.php

Get yourself an antenna for your TV. About 100 channels, and the quality is better than the compressed crap you get with cable. We use a Mohu Leaf that we've had for over 10 years, when we dropped cable. Works great.

Edited by Ross

19 hours ago, Ross said:

Get yourself an antenna for your TV. About 100 channels, and the quality is better than the compressed crap you get with cable. We use a Mohu Leaf that we've had for over 10 years, when we dropped cable. Works great.

I have a Mohu Leaf. I also have cable and Amazon Prime Video. Unfortunately, if watching live sports is a priority, you're not going to get very far without either cable or one of the streaming services.

But it's always entertaining to see the reactions of people whose only frame of reference for OTA TV is fiddling with a pair of rabbit ears on grandma's old CRT set when they see the picture quality of modern digital OTA compared to cable. 

20 minutes ago, mkultra25 said:

I have a Mohu Leaf. I also have cable and Amazon Prime Video. Unfortunately, if watching live sports is a priority, you're not going to get very far without either cable or one of the streaming services.

But it's always entertaining to see the reactions of people whose only frame of reference for OTA TV is fiddling with a pair of rabbit ears on grandma's old CRT set when they see the picture quality of modern digital OTA compared to cable. 

I don't watch a lot of sports, and won't pay for cable to get more, although we did get originally Sling to watch Astros playoff games, and then kept it because it has channels my wife likes - Bravo, Food Network, etc.

I am still amazed at how good OTA quality can be, and we watch all of the Houston area broadcast channels OTA. Of course, the sub channels like 2.1, 2.2, etc are still 480, but that's not a big deal most of the time.

I watched most of the original Hawaii 5-0 on streaming at 1080. The remastered video was unreal in quality. That's one advantage of those shows originally being done on film.

On 1/1/2024 at 4:16 PM, Ross said:

I don't watch a lot of sports, and won't pay for cable to get more, although we did get originally Sling to watch Astros playoff games, and then kept it because it has channels my wife likes - Bravo, Food Network, etc.

I am still amazed at how good OTA quality can be, and we watch all of the Houston area broadcast channels OTA. Of course, the sub channels like 2.1, 2.2, etc are still 480, but that's not a big deal most of the time.

I watched most of the original Hawaii 5-0 on streaming at 1080. The remastered video was unreal in quality. That's one advantage of those shows originally being done on film.

I wasn't aware that the original Five-O was streaming at 1080 - looks like you have to have Paramount + to get it now. There hasn't ever been a hi-def physical media release, only DVD, so this is one time when streaming bests physical media. At least until the series gets put "back in the vault" for an undetermined length of time, anyway. 

5 hours ago, 79ta said:

from reddit:

CDN media

My first thought when I saw this picture was "I can just imagine the collective meltdown r/f***cars would have if they saw this", then I checked your link and realized that's exactly where it had come from. 😂

Edited by mkultra25
apparently the f-word is still verboten
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...