Reggie Bush gains 51 yards, a week after he gains 5 yards, and you say he is producing. I saw him get stuffed on the 2 yard line for no gain, forcing New Orleans to settle for a field goal. Wali Lundy is putting up numbers like that. The fact is, it will take time for Bush to hit the big numbers. Same applies to Williams. The difference is that Mark Barnes and all of the sports talk people need to make outlandish claims to be noticed. If Bush were in Houston gaining 56 yards in 2 games, Mark Barnes would be all over that, too.

I'm sure that some people feel superior making irrelevant claims 3 games into the season. I'm sure this post will provoke some more. The sinple fact is, it is too soon to make the call. But, if Mark wants to repeat it, I am sure he will. Maybe he'll put it in caps next time, so we'll all pay attention. Maybe he'll put up some more career stats of some other players to compare to a guy in his 3rd game. I'm sure it will all be interesting and....irrelevant.

At least Vince Young is stinking up the place so bad that no one is bringing HIM up anymore....even though 2 games means nothing, either.

What he said.

Did y'all know the Texans are #1 in the NFL for overpaying their players? Yes, it's true. So, I came up with a ideal for owner Bob McNair.

Instead of paying high price dollars to players make them work for it, meaning... for every catch wide receivers make that's $100,000, for every touchdown $100,000 more, that's $200,000. Same thing goes for your linemen's on defense and offense. If David Carr doesn't get touched that's $200,000 for each O-lineman. For every pass completion Carr makes that's $200,000. Every first down a runningback makes that's $50,000, for every touchdown $100,000+.

For defense. Everytime a defender sacks the quarterback that's $100,000, an interpection $100,000, run for a touchdown $100,000 addition. Same thing goes for the secondary.

If Bob McNair enforce this, I bet you that no one will never touch David Carr again, and Carr will break records in every game with pass compeltions. Everybody will be on the same page then I promise you that. Defense? Mario Williams will get off his butt and make tackles, and sack some quarterbacks.

Reason I came up with this ideal because these players getting overpayed, and none of them deserve it. Why pay Mario Williams $54 million and $24 million signing bonus? This guy is only what, 22 years old? Do you know what this does to a kid that is 22 years old with all that money? Relaxed! This man worried about spending his money, he careless if they win or loss, same thing goes for Carr. Carr deserves at least $20 million, nothing more.

And by the way nappy head, the only thing that makes me feel superior is to know that it takes a lot more than some wannabe Rasta to push my buttons. You can sit around with your liberal views and try your best to act sophisticated and condescending, however I have no doubt in my mind about who I am and I don't hide behind weird names and false backgrounds. I enjoy a good debate as much as the rest, but your air of condescension is a feeble attempt at camouflaging ignorance. You defend Williams with the pathedic excuse that he's a "rookie", "it's a new system", "it's only his 3rd game". Hell are your dreads draining your brain? Everybody starts out as a rookie, everybody starts in a new system, everbody has a first three games, difference is, this guy was the first player picked in the draft, paid 54 million dollars, Of the $54 million, Williams is guaranteed $26.5 million, and the only thing he's done is build a website, and he farmed that out. Mario Williams.com - The Official Website of the #1 Pick in the 2006 ... What a Joke!

Defend him all you want, he still has done squat!

Interesting that you think that my hair style and political views are relevant to a football debate. I don't think the fact that you live in a log cabin and play with go-carts to be relevant. But, hey, what do I know? I'm just an ignorant punk with a "false background" (whatever that means). Be that as it may, I will point out one thing Mario Williams has done better than any of the players you mention, as well as you yourself. He hired an agent who convinced a billionaire to give him $26.5 million, regardless whether he ever touches a single quarterback. With minimal effort, he'll get $54 million for playing a game. As such, I doubt he really cares what you think of his 3 game NFL career.

Not bad for a country boy from the woods of Carolina....and much better than this Carolina boy!

And by the way nappy head, the only thing that makes me feel superior is to know that it takes a lot more than some wannabe Rasta to push my buttons. You can sit around with your liberal views and try your best to act sophisticated and condescending, however I have no doubt in my mind about who I am and I don't hide behind weird names and false backgrounds. I enjoy a good debate as much as the rest, but your air of condescension is a feeble attempt at camouflaging ignorance. You defend Williams with the pathedic excuse that he's a "rookie", "it's a new system", "it's only his 3rd game". Hell are your dreads draining your brain? Everybody starts out as a rookie, everybody starts in a new system, everbody has a first three games, difference is, this guy was the first player picked in the draft, paid 54 million dollars, Of the $54 million, Williams is guaranteed $26.5 million, and the only thing he's done is build a website, and he farmed that out. Mario Williams.com - The Official Website of the #1 Pick in the 2006 ... What a Joke!

Defend him all you want, he still has done squat!

You know Mark, I'm a conservative as well, yet I think your completely off base in the way your bashing Red. On top of that, your (as others are also doing) attempting to use stats to make your point when stats are generally very misleading in this type of discussion. I won't repeat what I've already stated in regards to this, but I will say that you sound like a real jerk.

Well up to the point Red decided to single me out and talk of what he thinks makes me feel superior or not, and basically called me out to the street for the lack of a better term, I never attacked anyone personally. So he even said he was expecting a reaction from me in his post. Well he got it. Up until that point I quoted some stats to support my theory and opinion on a football player. I did not participate, other than laugh fairly hard on the personal attacks taken on this semipro fella. I did quote a few stats on the Gunslingers and provided a link to their win/loss records that were in question, but refused to accuse this man whether he played a down for them or not. He very well may have. I played a few downs of ball myself, mainly to provide myself an education at a major university. And I reached my goals, which was too get my degree, and get on with life. A few perks were collected a long the way. I proudly wear a beautiful SWC Championship ring on my left hand, that makes me no more qualified than the next guy, when it comes to scrutinizing the Texans, but it opened a lot of doors in the oil industry, which I make my living at. It also made it possible to meet and make some great friends in the professional world, some who happened to do very well in the NFL. I think I have been very fortunate in that respect, but that still makes me no more qualified to scrutinize the Texans or any other team. There are some great minds in football, who never played much more than HS football, but were students of the game, and had great competitive minds. Paul Eugene Brown was a mediocre player in HS and college, but I consider one of the greatest coaches ever.

I try to stay away from personal attacks, maybe some light ribbing, but that is the existent of it. I have only met one person from this forum, that was Marty, and he is a very nice and likable fella. Met him just the other day. As far as me being a jerk Gary, usually the term I hear is asshole. But if jerk is a better word for you, so be it. I say what I mean and mean what I say. And I leave nothing to be second guessed as to what's on my mind. I stay away from bigotry for the most part, though everyone has a few prejudices, it may be only as minor as types of vehicles or religious beliefs, but there is always a little flaw there, it's human nature. But when called out, I just made it clear, I have nothing to hide, and make no false claims. If a person wants to attack me personally, I let it be known I am not too hard to find. I guess me living in a log home makes me inferior to Red, well I have a couple of them so that makes me twice as inferior. I live in them by choice, I am rather proud of them. If a 3200 sq/ft Satterwhite Log Home is a shack by your standards, all I can say is wow. But my homes are both paid for, and they make me happy. And I never claimed that where I live or what my grandson and son does on a racetrack to be relevant to anything. Since you have tried to do your homework I will save you a Google. www.barnesconsultingservices.com Now you can complete your research. But you seemed to think it was relevant to bring it up so I will put it out there. Jerk? maybe. Asshole? absolutely. But I am realist, take it or leave it. If someone has a real issue with me you can now contact me and we can meet up in person and deal with it. I keep my cards on the table, and make no bones about it. I am very opinionated and never too shy to share it. And personally I don't care what you think of me, it takes no bread off of my table and even if it did, I can afford another loaf.

All that aside let's get back on topic and save a moderator a post.

And personally I don't care what you think of me

Wow. And yet you still felt the need to bore us with a life story most could'nt give a crap about.

As Gary said, "you sound like a real jerk" though you seem quite content to denigrate yourself further to asshole status. How very proud that must make one feel.

Edited by nmainguy

You know Mark, I'm a conservative as well, yet I think your completely off base in the way your bashing Red. On top of that, your (as others are also doing) attempting to use stats to make your point when stats are generally very misleading in this type of discussion. I won't repeat what I've already stated in regards to this, but I will say that you sound like a real jerk.

Try not to get any on you, Gary.

Enough with the Redscare man crush. It's creepy.

I go away for 2 days so that I can get moved into MY new digs, and the whole forum is in an uproar. OK, now I need names and numbers, cuz' everyone is gonna get the "happy heart carebear bouqet" from FTD !

You bunch of "Armchair Quarterbacks" make me wanna puke, if any of us really thought we could make a difference in a team, we'd be out there on any given Sunday, sacrificing our bodies to the Football Gods, and not sittin' on here dreamin' of the good 'ol days. I still love you all though. Can't we all just get along?

btw, congrats to Mark on that SWC ring, that is something I would have liked to have myself, you big JERK ! :P:lol:

I have some inside scoop on 2007 schedule from a friend of mine that works with the Texans.

Here it goes...

Raiders

Buccaneers

Broncos

Saints

Chiefs

Bengals

Falcons

Panthers

Dolphins

Chargers

And of course our division...

Colts

Jags

Titans

I heard this a long time ago.

Try not to get any on you, Gary.

Enough with the Redscare man crush. It's creepy.

Well that's just enough to piss me off!! So it's creepy if I respect a guy's views and education, and get a lot from his posts? Is it creepy if I think a fellow conservative is coming down WAY to hard on him (a liberal), and I decide to back him up? Your right, I should do what many Republicans do and jump on the bandwagon regardless of right or wrong. Of course this is the main reason I no longer consider myself a Republican.

Let me clarify for you, I come to this board to mainly read, especially when I am no expert on many of the posts HAIF generates. Red happens to be one of the main individuals that has good insight on many subjects, thus I like to read what he has to say. Is that a problem?

Quite frankly I find it creepy writing this.

Edited by Gary

:lol::lol::lol: , you are gonna let dalparadise, OF ALL PEOPLE ON HERE, get you rialed up ? Dal was just jealous that you beat him to the punch, with regards to defending Red's, ummmmm, honor ? Now, you big silly girls kiss and make up. :o:D

Edited by TJones

:lol::lol::lol: , you are gonna let dalparadise, OF ALL PEOPLE ON HERE, get you rialed up ? Dal was just jealous that you beat him to the punch, with regards to defending Red's, ummmmm, honor ? Now, you big silly girls kiss and make up. :o:D

I know, but the dude drives me nuts. Now, the only way I'm kissing Dal is if he's cleanly shaven and doesn't look like this. :P

hillary1.jpg

I know, but the dude drives me nuts. Now, the only way I'm kissing Dal is if he's cleanly shaven
I thought U said cleanly shaven... :unsure:

hillary1.jpg

VVV this is what Hilary is looking at VVV

que.jpg

In order to get away with wearing this THONG ! You have to be "Clean Shaven"! It truly is the only way. :blink:

Edited by TJones

OK...now you guys are creeping me out-and I'm gay! Please stop before images of a Gary/Red, dal and TJ getting it on becomes permanantly embedded in my brain! :lol:

That guy with the red elbow pads is Steven Regal he kissed Vince Mc Mcmahon tush last year on WWE Raw its called kiss Mr Vince Mc mahon @%# club.:lol::lol:

Edited by Marty

Well that's just enough to piss me off!! So it's creepy if I respect a guy's views and education, and get a lot from his posts? Is it creepy if I think a fellow conservative is coming down WAY to hard on him (a liberal), and I decide to back him up? Your right, I should do what many Republicans do and jump on the bandwagon regardless of right or wrong. Of course this is the main reason I no longer consider myself a Republican.

Let me clarify for you, I come to this board to mainly read, especially when I am no expert on many of the posts HAIF generates. Red happens to be one of the main individuals that has good insight on many subjects, thus I like to read what he has to say. Is that a problem?

Great Post!

See what you started TJ. :lol:

Awesome post!

I know, but the dude drives me nuts. Now, the only way I'm kissing Dal is if he's cleanly shaven and doesn't look like this. :P

hillary1.jpg

Beat me to it! Great post!

Anybody watch Inside the NFL on HBO this week, interesting comments on Mario Williams on there. And what in the hell is going on with T.O. up in Dallas? Suicide, no suicide, accidental overdose on anti-depressants and pain killers, just pain killers, nothing at all, the story is so scattered it's amazing. And his publicist is an idiot, and only makes things worst with her statements. Jeez can we just play football?

I'm glad for Mario's first sack today against the Dolphins, and their first win of the season, but I wouldn't brag about it. Culpepper drove down the field and scored, should've got the two points if the wide receiver didn't slip.

If I was the Texans, I be happy they finally won, but I wouldn't brag on this win. Enjoy the moment now while it last.

Furthermore, I mention they will be 0-4 during bye week, guessing I was wrong on that point. I admit it.

The Texans really do need this bye week.