The point being that Cowboys fans are living on past laurels....like 10, 20, 30 years in the past.

Hey, here's some Cowboy trivia for ya. Did you know that in the last TWENTY years, the Cowboys have 3 Super Bowl trophies AND A LOSING RECORD? Now, that's something to brag about! :lol:

No, the point is that the Cowboys have 5 superbowls the Texans 0.

So you are telling me that you would rather have 0 superbowls wins and a winning record?

I wouldn't say they took care of Miami but a win is a win. David Carr can only do so much without a good offensive line. You still need a running game and I don't think Ron "Another Heisman Bust" Dayne is the answer. Where is Reggie Bush when you need him???

I completely agree with you about Parcells. The nickname "The Tuna" really fits him well. Where is Jimmy Johnson when you need him...

on fox i think

It's amazing that Carr and the texans are having even the mild success they are throwing against cover 2 on every down. and it will be that way until they can bust some big running gains for the defense to respect. Obviously the Texans would rather have DominicDavis right now but Dayne has looked pretty good to me. He is hard to tackle and has a good motor, always falls or dives forward, the kind of back i like to see. One that you feel confident will get you a couple of yards if that is all you need. that said he would be a good compliment to DD because so far he has yet to get over about 65 yards in a game. I think though if they can get an early lead instead of playing from behind. they will have the luxury of being able to run the ball more. It worked great for the first quarter against Philly!

I left out when Dallas scored the 17 point, cause I knew that the Texans wasn't going to come back. Now look at the score, 24-3.

The Texans always comes out and score first, then falls flat on their face. I don't know about y'all, but I'm tired of seeing the Texans losing. I didn't get excited at all doing the game, because I know the Texans.

Next game, Jacksonville. Another lost. Probably their next win will be Titans. I said PROBABLY.

Excuse me. Did I mention that the first beginning of preseason, Gary? y'all told me to shut up, it's just preseason. I don't know nothing about football. That's what y'all told me. Now, look at the Texans. I also mention waaay before you said they have couple years to rebuild, you just now coming around.

I see the Texans to be playoffs contenders in 2008. Maybe next year they will be a little bit better, but no playoffs.

Furthermore, is anyone keeping up with the Saints? They're 5-1 beating the Eagles on sunday. They also leading in their division. All they need to win is 4-5 more games and they in the playoffs, depending on their division.

Why Texans didn't pick Bush?! Right now, it's haunting the Texans.

Edited by houstonsemipro

He said Brokeback Mountain :lol::lol::lol:

Hey, they might beat the Texans! :lol:

Did y'all hear about the Texans cut Buchanon? Which is good, cause he wasn't doing nothing anyway. Matter in fact, I think they waited too long to release him. They should of done that during off season. Anyway, good luck somewhere else Buchanon.

Edited by houstonsemipro

Bottomline is we won the first half of the game, and then felt it was only fair that Dallas win the second half, since they were at home. Next time, when they play here, we will expect Dallas to be just as gracious a guest as we were to them.

Excuse me. Did I mention that the first beginning of preseason, Gary? y'all told me to shut up, it's just preseason. I don't know nothing about football. That's what y'all told me. Now, look at the Texans. I also mention waaay before you said they have couple years to rebuild, you just now coming around.

I see the Texans to be playoffs contenders in 2008. Maybe next year they will be a little bit better, but no playoffs.

Furthermore, is anyone keeping up with the Saints? They're 5-1 beating the Eagles on sunday. They also leading in their division. All they need to win is 4-5 more games and they in the playoffs, depending on their division.

Why Texans didn't pick Bush?! Right now, it's haunting the Texans.

I rest my case. <_<

The NFL loves Bush too much. They keep saying he leads the league in receptions (which is true), but YAC, he falls off the list. WAY off the list. Then they have this thing called "all-purpose yards." Something they have rarely used before. They do this to try and cancel out Bush's poor running. The put his punt, kick-off, rushes, and reception yards into one bundle. They really want him to be in the pro bowl as a rookie. They didn't do this with Daunte Hall in Kansas City. They told his kick-off yards and recieving yards. None of this "all-purpose" junk.

Phew, nice 800th posts <_<.

Edited by Trae

I don't care. Still, anything would help this football team. People off the street probably would do better. All they need to do is go to 3rd ward and 5th ward, you could find all your talent right there.

For the note. I'm not a bandwagon fan, never was. Cowboy lover? Please! Never that. I'll write that in blood.

You are right, I am still flabbergasted that the Texans aren't knocking down your door semipro, with all your experience. You should send in a resume' to the front office. You could get "PAID" playa !

I don't care. Still, anything would help this football team. People off the street probably would do better. All they need to do is go to 3rd ward and 5th ward, you could find all your talent right there.

Semipro, this is the reason why your so difficult to take seriously. You constantly make matter of fact statements and predictions that are continuously proven wrong. Here is a case in point: "Why Texans didn't pick Bush?! Right now, it's haunting the Texans. My reply, which is factual was: "Just so you know, Bush is averaging 3.0 yards a carry on 64 carries. Of those 64 carries, he's managed to come up with a whopping 164 yards. You didn't reply with anything other than the above, once again proving that you're predictions are not much better than my wife's.

Edited by Gary

Semipro, this is the reason why your so difficult to take seriously. You constantly make matter of fact statements and predictions that are continuously proven wrong. Here is a case in point: "Why Texans didn't pick Bush?! Right now, it's haunting the Texans. My reply, which is factual was: "Just so you know, Bush is averaging 3.0 yards a carry on 64 carries. Of those 64 carries, he's managed to come up with a whopping 164 yards. You didn't reply with anything other than the above, once again proving that you're predictions are not much better than my wife's.

Isn't that the 64000 dollar question? Makes no sense to me. But I am a Texans fan and will be for life. I :wub: my town. By the way, Dallas can brag today about beating Houston (we suck); but let them play somebody .... hmmmm.... Philly perhaps? And watch them get plastered. :o

P.S. My friends went to the game in Dallas. Had to park in a muddy field. Walked over a mile to the stadium and said the stadium was soooooo 1970's. Asbestos. Small corridors. Boy, they really do need to build a new one up there. Hell, the Astrodome is better than Texas Stadium. :lol:

Houston and Dallas are 1-1 against each other in regular season. Doesn't sound so bad when you phrase it that way. B)

Edited by houstonfella

P.S. My friends went to the game in Dallas. Had to park in a muddy field. Walked over a mile to the stadium and said the stadium was soooooo 1970's. Asbestos. Small corridors. Boy, they really do need to build a new one up there. Hell, the Astrodome is better than Texas Stadium. :lol:

BTW, they are building a new stadium. Just not in Dallas, it's in Arlington, another mistake by the Dallas city council.

Also, it's going to be a retractable roof 70,000 seat stadium, guess where they got that idea?!?

Tell Bob McNair to sreach for better talent in 3rd ward and 5th ward. And guess what? They will play for a cheaper price.

All these players on the Texans roster don't even deserve a million dollars, starting with Carr and Mario Williams. I believe as a rookie coming into the NFL you have to learn, and what they paying Mario is just ridulious. Paying these guys alot of money, hell no wonder they're not doing nothing. I wouldn't do nothing either if I was getting paid $56 million and a $24 million bonus.

If I was the owner, you have to prove to me the first year that you deserve that amount of money.

And for Gary. The running game is haunting the Texans. They should of took Reggie Bush instead of Mario Williams. The Texans should of done better by getting a vertern DE instead. SAVE LOTS OF MONEY!

Let's look at the running game. Domanick Davis is out, Wali Lundy, he can't hang onto the ball, his blocking is not good enough to stay in all four quarters. Ron Dayne, a powerful back, with with good blocking skills that picks up the blitzing. But, he's too damn slow. Samkon Gado, good runner (faster then Dayne) also a power back, and a good blocker. I rather see Samkon Gado as the starter then, Dayne.

Kubiak mention that he wants to see more of Wali Lundy and Chris Taylor. If they don't impress the coaches, they may find themselves cut after the season. I could see them keeping Dayne and Gado, and drafting a bad-ass runningback in the first round to be the starter for next year. Dayne and Gado probably would be fighting for second string. As for Domanick Davis, that's a toss up. But I think they may end up cutting him during the offseason. Davis was my boy. I loved his style of running. I just hate he have to go down like this, but a knee injury is no joke take it from me. I do hope they keep him and if he doesn't come around, then cut him.

Again, Reggie has not done ____ in New Orleans. What we should have done was sign Michael Turner, the back-up for Landanian Tomlinson. Michael Turner wants to be a starter. Also, Cedric Benson will be free next year (as well as Michael Turner). Please don't blame this on Coach Kubes houstonsemipro. He got junk thrown into his lap.

Just look here: Houston Chronicle Story

Here are just a few of the players the Texans could have selected rather than Gaffney: running backs Clinton Portis and Brian Westbrook; receivers Deion Branch, David Givens and Antwaan Randle El; and safety Michael Lewis.

~~~~~~~~~~

And about David Carr. How many times have you heard the comment we have to get the ball into David's hands. How David goes so goes the team. You know what? Kubiak is his own worst enemy.

Carr either can't develop or is not being allowed to develop. What you say? Yes, that is what I'm saying. I'm from the old school that says the QB is the leader on the field, the field general. As such he should be the one calling the plays. I'm not saying the coaching shouldn't have input, but in general the QB should be calling and listening to his players coming back to the huddle. When Carr did that on two occasions during the previous administration we were very successful. On the 1 yard line with a chance to open up the game, the ball should have been in Carr's hands to put maximum pressure on the defense. We had to trust his abilities at that point in the game. But Kubiak couldn't or wouldn't trust Carr.

All of the leadership and play calling appears to have been taken away from Carr. He can't even call audibles it appears. Coaches in the NFL have moved away from allowing the QB's to develop into signal callers and field Generals. The problem with that is the coaches don't have the on field reports. They don't see the game from the QB's prespective. The press box is not like being on the field. What appear to be right from the press box could be wrong when seen by the QB on the field. Let Carr sink or swim. A great coach is one who teaches his player how to play the game and lets him play the game. Its like being a parent. You can't be with your child every minute of the day.

Some of you would say Carr is no Payton Manning and I would agree with you right now. I would, however, say the following. Payton Manning is what he is because he was fortunate enough to be able to grow up in a nurturing environment. He was allowed to become the leader and play caller on the field. Obviously there were a number of factors, but the fact is he was allowed to win or loose on his own. When you make mistakes from your own play calling you learn what is best. Being spoon fed does not lead to an excellent decision maker or play caller. You never learn to make the critical decisions when help is not available. I could never understand a coaching staff yelling at a QB for not making the right decisions when they were never allowed to make decisions. Kubiak and Capers develop followers, not leaders.

As good as Brady is, he is also a follower. He does make some decisions - a lot more than Carr - but he is still a follower. He is not an indepent thinker on the field. He has to wait for the play call. Again, I have a prejudice and that is I want my QB to be a play caller. If he can't do the job, then I will find someone who can. But I know that is the only way I will have a leader on the field and that's what I need when the going gets rough and quick decisions have to be made. I don't want to have him wait for my decisions and I don't want delay penalties because they can't figure out what I called. I want a QB who can see something happening by the other team that allows him to catch them off guard by a quick decision. All of that happens when your QB is the decison maker.

I'm not saying Kubiak hasn't taught Carr a lot of things about the game. That's what Kubiak's job is to teach his QB how to play the game, but then he has to allow him to go play the game. He's there to point out during the course of the game what he is doing right or wrong and aid in decisions at critical parts of the game based on field input. The same is true for the defense. Leaders are developed because they learn to make decisions on the battle field.

Capers would not allow his players to make decisions except for Wong. In fact when we lost Wong, Capers was lost. He had no one to replace him on the field. Wong might be more important to this ball club than many think.

Kubiak uses the word "KID" far too often. These are not KIDS, but men or Young men. Yes, they need to be coached, but they are to be treated like men both from a mental and responsibility point of view. They are grown up, treat them like adults. Teach them to be decision makers, not followers. If you do that, you will have a great team.

Capers never developed decision makers, Wong was a decision maker before he came here. The one person who became a decision maker under Capers was probably the one person we miss the most this year. That was DD. DD makes instance decisions and finds the holes or makes them whichever is necessary. We do not have a RB who has DD's capabilities, little lone, his ability to make decisions. In any event its time for the coaches and players to grow up. They need to trust each other. It is not a one way street.

Edited by Trae

Excellent input, Trae. But, I'm not against Coach Kubiak. I think he's doing an excellent job in his first year being a head coach, it's just the players.

What I'm saying is, this is the franchise 5th year and shown the fans nothing, nothing whatso ever. Look at this year, 5th season. They're going back to their roots like an expansion team all over again. People in Houston wants a winning team. They're tired of spending their hard working money to see a losing team every week. That's just throwing away money.

I really do think next year is going to be a little bit better, but still don't see a playoff spot for this team.

Like I said before, and I'm going to say it again. I'm sorry that the Texans lost Double D. Really, Davis was the key to the offense.

Let's see can they wake up against Jacksonville this Sunday.

BTW, they are building a new stadium. Just not in Dallas, it's in Arlington, another mistake by the Dallas city council.

Also, it's going to be a retractable roof 70,000 seat stadium, guess where they got that idea?!?

Perhaps from the Skydome, Toronto -- The home of the Blue Jays of Major League Baseball (MLB) was opened in 1989 and began the era of retractable roof stadiums. While other stadiums had previously been built with removable tops, a la Montreal's Olympic Stadium, the Skydome was the first to have a fully retractable roof. The roof consists of four steel panels and it moves along rails at a rate of 71 feet (21 meters) per minute and takes 20 minutes to open or close. When closing the roof, 72 motors are used to move the two panels backward and forward over a fixed panel like a telescope and a fourth panel rotates 180 degrees to completely close the roof.

or Bank One Ballpark, Phoenix -- Home to the Diamondbacks of Major League Baseball, Bank One Ballpark, or "the BOB," opened in 1998. In the searing heat of the Arizona desert, it was almost a necessity to have a ballpark that could be open during moderate days and closed and air-conditioned on hot summer days. Bank One's roof uses a system similar to a drawbridge. A pair of 200 horsepower motors drive the roof panels to open and close in just four minutes using four miles of cable strung through a pulley system.

or Safeco Field, Seattle -- Opened in 1999, baseball's Mariners said good-bye to the Kingdome and moved to Safeco. Safeco's roof is divided into three independent panels made of a thin gypsum and glass fiber board. A waterproof skin covers the panels. The three panels are staggered so that the roof can slide completely away from the field of play. The panels roll on motorized steel wheels that move over steel rails. The wheels are powered by 96 10-horsepower, DC motors. Power is provided by long cables that are reeled in and out as the roof slides open and shut. Opening and closing the roof is done at a rate of 30 feet (9.1 m) per minute and takes about 10 to 20 minutes.

Just about every stadium being built these days are with a retractable roof on it. Just makes more sense and takes any weather element out the way. Reliant was a long way from setting any precedence itself. Cowboys will open a new stadium in August 2009. When built, the stadium will have 75,000 seats and a retractable roof. It will feature open end zones linked to fan decks that will increase seating capacity to 100,000, making it the highest capacity domed stadium in the world in this configuration.

Now the Astrodome that was really something. I remember the first time I set foot in there in 1965, I was in awe. It was unlike anything I or anyone I knew had ever seen before. It was three days after my birthday and the tickets were a gift from my grandfather. It was like time had stopped for a few hours. This was state of the art for it's time. It had a natural grass playing field, it was nice and cool inside. Just out of this world for me at that time. I can still see the Phillies at bat and the Astros taking the field. Jimmy Wynn trotting out to center and Joe Morgan playing second. Man that was something. Never will ever forget the "Dome".

the 'stros lost two-zip that day but it was a great time for me.

I think Reliant should had been built somewhere else in Houston. Maybe those vast plains south of the former site of Astroworld. After watching the Arizona Cardinals stadium last Monday night, I wish we had something as big ans as grand. It could have spurred development there, and the rail could have been extended down that way.

ReliantAlternative.jpg

Edited by Trae