I think Foxworthy said it best.

"If the Dallas Cowboys are your favorite team...

You might be a redneck."

But probably a more accurate statement would be,

"If the Dallas Cowboys are your favorite team...

You ARE a redneck."

Being a Cowboys fan is as low-brow as it gets.

Of course, being a Texans fan isn't anything to brag about either, but at least it's original.

Go Bears!

Edited by Coaster

I meant to comment on last Sunday's performance by the Texans. Piss poor defense in the last 2 minutes of the game will make or break you, and it was proven. The game should have been in the bag. Blown coverage all over the place. Kubiak should focus on prevent zone D all week long, they have man to man handled, despite Faggins' 2 miscues in the first half, he made up for it later. I really thought we were gonna chalk a win up there. Maybe this week.

Edited by TJones

My suggestion to you is you should get out more. Hey, I have a great idea. . .buy a ticket (online of course) for you and your lady friend (I'm assuming that you have one) and go check out the Texans' next home game.

You're right. I need to get a life. Maybe I'll start trolling on forums in cities in which I no longer live. :unsure:

You're right. I need to get a life. Maybe I'll start trolling on forums in cities in which I no longer live. :unsure:

You see RedScare. . . that's what I'm talking about! Your idea of getting out more is "trolling" on other forums. . .albeit, while you're still in front of the computer monitor. My message was for you to go and experience people FACE to FACE. Give your computer a rest.

I know you will feel compelled to respond to this post. . .but don't! Go seek human interaction at a social gathering.

HOW 'BOUT DEM COWBOYS?!!!!!!!!!!!!

o.k., in an effort to keep my post on topic. . .did the Oilers ever played on Thanksgiving day?

BUT, before you answer. . . HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS?!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! If we beat the Giants, I think we can go all the way. Romo is awesome. >:)

You stated it yourself. . .a BILLION dollars in stadium BONDS!?! That statistic, my friend, speaks for itself.

Now back to the Texans, and the people of Houston who do things that defy logic. How did it feel when the Texans lost to the Titans? How did it feel when the team that used to be yours, but moved away, beat you in your "world class" retractable roof stadium, with one of the very first rounders you passed on. . .Vince Young. . . . .the homegrown Houstonian/UT & National allstar, who stated time and time again, that he wanted to come and play for Houston. I know how the rest of the country felt about Houston when they saw the highlights of that game. ;-)

Surely you're kidding? First of all the Titans vs. Texans is old news, nobody cares anymore, this isn't Cleveland. Secondly, we're more than proud of all 3 of our state of the art stadiums. We've hosted a Super Bowl, NBA, and MLB All Star games, not to mention the World Series in the past few years. Niether Arlington nor Dallas can claim that, nor will they ever.

Surely you're kidding? First of all the Titans vs. Texans is old news, nobody cares anymore, this isn't Cleveland. Secondly, we're more than proud of all 3 of our state of the art stadiums. We've hosted a Super Bowl, NBA, and MLB All Star games, not to mention the World Series in the past few years. Niether Arlington nor Dallas can claim that, nor will they ever.

Actually Arlington Stadium did host the MLB All-star game ('95) and Reunion Arena has had the NBA All Star game ('86). Dallas hasn't hosted any Superbowl's but the do have five of the trophies that go along with it (VI, XII, XXVII-XXVIII, XXX). And have appeared in more Superbowl's than any team in the NFL history (V-VI, X, XII-XIII, XXVII-XXVIII, XXX) . And still have the stat of having the all time leading rusher in NFL history, (Emmit Smith).

1999 Dallas Stars Stanley Cup Champions

2007 NHL All Star Game Host

Oops!!!

Need any salt with that Nike.

Edited by Mark F. Barnes

The Texans makes me tired and bored. Every Sunday I really do expect them to lose, or at lease they prove me wrong one Sunday. The Texans are not exciting anymore, cause you know what's going to happen each and every game. They pull the same crap every Sunday. Bob McNair should of saved money and kept Dom Capers, and hire Kubiak has the Offense Coordinator. I think what Capers needed was a good coaching staff. Really, he wasn't a bad coach.

Every team that's been down now rasing up to the occasion except the Texans. For instance, let's look at the teams that has new head coaches.

49ers - Last year they looked worster then the Texans, but now with a new head coach they playing .500 ball, 5-5.

Chiefs - They playing great with a new coach, with the record 7-4.

Jets - New coach with a 5-5 record.

New Orleans - Playing great with a new coach, 6-4.

Green Bay - Doing better with new coach, 4-6<---- better then the Texans record.

Now let's take a look at teams that bench their starting quarterbacks, and making leaps and bounds.

Dallas - After benching Drew Bleose. Tony Romo took over the starting position and now leads the Cowboys to two big victories. Can we say bye, bye, Belose?

Miami - After benching Culpepper. Joey Harrington tooked over leading the Dolphins to back to back victories. They're now 5-6.

Now, since McNabb is out for the season. Let's see Jeff Garcia could lend the Eagles to victories.

Remember Kubiak said when he got to Houston. He said Houston won't see another first round draft pick. <-----Looks like you heading that way again, Mr. Kubiak. After the Jets is the Toilet Bowl... Texans vs. Raiders!

Edited by houstonsemipro

HOW 'BOUT DEM COWBOYS?!!!!!!!!!!!!

o.k., in an effort to keep my post on topic. . .did the Oilers ever played on Thanksgiving day?

BUT, before you answer. . . HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS?!!!!!!!!!

The times I remember the Oilers on Thanksgiving Day was when I was a kid, first starting to watch football...in 1979, Earl Campbell ripped like an 84 yarder on the Cowboys.

Oilers 30

Cowboys 24

In 1988, with a surging Warren Moon, when the Oilers would at least make the playoffs seven years in a row.

Oilers 25

Cowboys 17

In 1991, the Oilers beat the Detroit Lions with a beautiful screen, Cody Carlson (subbing for Moon) to Lorenzo White.

Oilers 24

Lions 21

In 1997, the Tennessee (still) Oilers demolished the Cowboys. I remember both teams were 6-5 and were still alive for playoff contention. Boom. OL man Erik Norgard checked in as a tight end and snuck a TD pass from Steve McNair and the rout was on, Cowboys knocked out of the playoffs. The Oilers abused the Cowboys that day, snatching balls from Dallas receivers and what not.

I remember when secondary player Marcus Robertson of the Oilers said something like, "We did this for you Houston fans still on the bandwagon!"

Oilers 27

Cowboys 14

So, while the Oilers did not snag any Super Bowl trophies, well, why not do the next best thing and make the Dallas Cowgirls their b-----s on Turkey Day?

Some interesting Oilers vs Cowboys memories:

In 1991, the Oilers beat the surging Cowboys in the Astrodome. Both teams finished 11-5 in the reg. season. The veteran savvy Oilers forced a costly Dallas turnover in the closing moments.

Oilers 24

Cowboys 21

Then in 1994, the Cowboys coming off a Super Bowl year demolished a tough Pittsburgh team in Week 1; the Oilers now with Moon gone as well as the likes of Sean Jones and other Pro-Bowlers were destroyed in Indy...both teams were to meet in Week 2. The arrogant Dallas fans were like asking if the 14 point spread against the Oilers was measured in touchdowns. But the second string Oiler quarterback Bucky Richardson and a hustling Houston defense almost beat the heavily favored Cowboys, frustrating Emmitt Smith so much that he even took his helmet off and slammed it into the Texas Stadium turf.

Even though the Cowboys won, I recall the radio shows where the Dallas "fans" vented how mad they were because did not blow the Oilers out. In the Houston sports bar where my buds and I saw the game, the normally frustrated Oiler fans there actually felt proud and hopeful at the their team's effort. The 2-14 Oilers were in definite rebuild mode while the 12-4 Cowboys would later lose to San Fran in the playoffs.

Cowboys 21

Oilers 17

Edited by worldlyman

The times I remember the Oilers on Thanksgiving Day was when I was a kid, first starting to watch football...in 1979, Earl Campbell ripped like an 84 yarder on the Cowboys.

Oilers 30

Cowboys 24

In 1988, with a surging Warren Moon, when the Oilers would at least make the playoffs seven years in a row.

Oilers 25

Cowboys 17

In 1991, the Oilers beat the Detroit Lions with a beautiful screen, Cody Carlson (subbing for Moon) to Lorenzo White.

Oilers 24

Lions 21

In 1997, the Tennessee (still) Oilers demolished the Cowboys. I remember both teams were 6-5 and were still alive for playoff contention. Boom. OL man Erik Norgard checked in as a tight end and snuck a TD pass from Steve McNair and the rout was on, Cowboys knocked out of the playoffs. The Oilers abused the Cowboys that day, snatching balls from Dallas receivers and what not.

I remember when secondary player Marcus Robertson of the Oilers said something like, "We did this for you Houston fans still on the bandwagon!"

Oilers 27

Cowboys 14

So, while the Oilers did not snag any Super Bowl trophies, well, why not do the next best thing and make the Dallas Cowgirls their b-----s on Turkey Day?

Some interesting Oilers vs Cowboys memories:

In 1991, the Oilers beat the surging Cowboys in the Astrodome. Both teams finished 11-5 in the reg. season. The veteran savvy Oilers forced a costly Dallas turnover in the closing moments.

Oilers 24

Cowboys 21

Then in 1994, the Cowboys coming off a Super Bowl year demolished a tough Pittsburgh team in Week 1; the Oilers now with Moon gone as well as the likes of Sean Jones and other Pro-Bowlers were destroyed in Indy...both teams were to meet in Week 2. The arrogant Dallas fans were like asking if the 14 point spread against the Oilers was measured in touchdowns. But the second string Oiler quarterback Bucky Richardson and a hustling Houston defense almost beat the heavily favored Cowboys, frustrating Emmitt Smith so much that he even took his helmet off and slammed it into the Texas Stadium turf.

Even though the Cowboys won, I recall the radio shows where the Dallas "fans" vented how mad they were because did not blow the Oilers out. In the Houston sports bar where my buds and I saw the game, the normally frustrated Oiler fans there actually felt proud and hopeful at the their team's effort. The 2-14 Oilers were in definite rebuild mode while the 12-4 Cowboys would later lose to San Fran in the playoffs.

Cowboys 21

Oilers 17

Here's you some more memories:

Cowboys 52

Oilers 10

Cowboys 10

Oilers 0

Cowboys 37

Oilers 7

Cowboys 17

Oilers 10

.................................W....L...T.....PF.......PA

Overall vs. Dallas......5....7...0....210.....280 ------->(This includes them in Tenn. since you added it above)

Just to put it all in perspective!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mark F. Barnes

Remember Kubiak said when he got to Houston. He said Houston won't see another first round draft pick. <-----Looks like you heading that way again, Mr. Kubiak. After the Jets is the Toilet Bowl... Texans vs. Raiders!

You're right houstonsemi, but watching the Texans is still better than watching a bunch of "hasbeens" ,"neverweres" and "wannabes" still trying to "live the dream" playing in a semipro game. BLEH! :ph34r:

Edited by TJones

The Texans makes me tired and bored.

And you make many here "tired and bored" with your constant bickering about the Texans.

Every Sunday I really do expect them to lose

Once again showing that you have no clue about the game of football, or any sport for that matter. If you had played semipro ball as you claim, you would know that no coach would teach a player this type of attitude, EVER. It's taboo to the fullest extent.

To everyone else.... The Texans are making progress. They have a quarterback who is showing some leadership now, a defense that is beginning to come around (despite last week's final drive), and a running game that's not completely anemic.

Last week's final drive had as much to do with bad play calling as it did with bad prevent.

Actually Arlington Stadium did host the MLB All-star game ('95) and Reunion Arena has had the NBA All Star game ('86). Dallas hasn't hosted any Superbowl's but the do have five of the trophies that go along with it (VI, XII, XXVII-XXVIII, XXX). And have appeared in more Superbowl's than any team in the NFL history (V-VI, X, XII-XIII, XXVII-XXVIII, XXX) . And still have the stat of having the all time leading rusher in NFL history, (Emmit Smith).

1999 Dallas Stars Stanley Cup Champions

2007 NHL All Star Game Host

Oops!!!

Need any salt with that Nike.

No salt needed. You proved my point. Arlington will never host an NBA All Star game or Finals and Dallas will never host a Super Bowl, MLB All Star game, or World Series. Do you get the point now? Houston has hosted each of these.

No salt needed. You proved my point. Arlington will never host an NBA All Star game or Finals and Dallas will never host a Super Bowl, MLB All Star game, or World Series. Do you get the point now? Houston has hosted each of these.

No, I don't see the point. Why do municipal boundaries matter more than economic regions?

Psssssssssssssssssssssstttttttttttttt ! ! ! .....................Hey, ProHou, Arlington is right next to Dallas, kinda like how Sugarland is to Houston, but don't tell Niche I told you , ok ? ;)

I'd like to see the Texans draft Jorvorskie Lane from TAMU. Talk about a truck load coming at you, I'd hate to have to try and open field tackle that monster. I think he would complement a fast tailback like Moose did Emmitt in their hey day, or like a Riggins. And the fact that he can catch a pass and muscle it up the middle is just a huge plus. It would then open up the passing game so the defenses aren't just teeing off on Carr. I think they also need some sort of great Center to anchor that OL.

Edited by Mark F. Barnes

Well they definitely need some help on the line, but there are some serious execution issues. Kube made an interesting statement about Carr I thought was alarming. Kube said when he got there Carr had no clue how to prepare for a game, it's like he was coaching college instead of a professional. Now I understand that the Texans have have some coaching issues and general manager issues, but for a QB that has been in the league for several years and and not knowing how to properly prepare for a game. That's a little alarming.

They are going to have to get some serious drafting done in numerous areas. Maybe some trading up in the rounds to get some key positions filled with hit the ground running players. Williams is still continuing to show improvement, that's a plus, he's going to have to live with being doubled every down, looks like until they get another dominant rusher, he's pretty much stuck with the double team. Some more aggressive blitzing would force them to quit keying on Williams. Oh well atleast they'll end up with a high pick in the draft.

Yeah, they looked terrible today. Earlier in the season I could see weekly improvement and I was very positive about the season. After the last 2 weeks, I've seen zero improvement and have little to get excited about here on out. I think we've peaked for the season at a level that is way below where I expected us to get.

It's a shame, you can blame everyone on the team for today's loss, it was an embarassment.

Maybe because we actually have an MLB and NFL teams that play IN Houston? Maybe if Dallas got their own teams.... :P

BTW, when do the Irving Cowboys move to their new stadium in Arlington? :D

The Titans prepared for the future with Vince Young as the QB. The Texans are still stuck on groundhog day.

Tennesee did nothing different to prepare for their future than did the Texans. They both made the choice on what they believed their teams needed, period. While it's true that certain organizations are consistently better than other's, I think your jumping the gun a little with your above statement. Young did well today, but that doesn't make him a better pick than Williams, it means he had a stand out game. That does not always equal a winning team.

Some of you guys need to remember that we haven't even finished the 1st season yet. Have a little more patience and understanding of the game.

I liked The Michael Vick show a little more yesterday, he is a Killer, if they could only get a team around him. He showed his appreciation for his coaches and fans though. Can't wait to see what the fall-out from that WON"T be.

Edited by TJones

Tennesee did nothing different to prepare for their future than did the Texans. They both made the choice on what they believed their teams needed, period. While it's true that certain organizations are consistently better than other's, I think your jumping the gun a little with your above statement. Young did well today, but that doesn't make him a better pick than Williams, it means he had a stand out game. That does not always equal a winning team.

Some of you guys need to remember that we haven't even finished the 1st season yet. Have a little more patience and understanding of the game.

Save the crap!!! You're only fooling yourself with your statements.

Vince Young was a major reason, if not THE reason, the Titans won that game. I hate to be the one to tell you this, but THAT'S why the Titans drafted him. . .TO WIN GAMES!!! I don't know why the Texans drafted Mario Williams. It couldn't have been to win games. Maybe they just wanted to be different. :lol:

Answer these two questions for me:

1. Which one of the Texans' 2 wins can you say Mario Williams was a major contributor towards?

2. When, in your theater of the mind, will Vince Young be deemed a better pick than Mario Williams?

. . . don't worry, I'll wait.

Edited by 713 To 214

Save the crap!!! You're only fooling yourself with your statements.

Vince Young was a major reason, if not THE reason, the Titans won that game. I hate to be the one to tell you this, but THAT'S why the Titans drafted him. . .TO WIN GAMES!!! I don't know why the Texans drafted Mario Williams. It couldn't have been to win games. Maybe they just wanted to be different. :lol:

If you would read my post, you would find that I mentioned Vince Young had a stand out game, so I'm not sure what your argument is here.

As far as why the Texans drafted Williams over Young? It may have something to do with the fact that they already had a damn good quarterback. :wacko: They also desperately needed to begin building there defensive line, thus they drafted Williams.

I'm still scratching my head at those that don't understand the fact that the Texans started over this year, and The Titans have been rebuilding for almost three.

1. Which one of the Texans' 2 wins can you say Mario Williams was a major contributor towards?

2. When, in your theater of the mind, will Vince Young be deemed a better pick than Mario Williams?

. . . don't worry, I'll wait.

In answer to question 1. You can't compare a defensive lineman's impact visually or statistically to that of a quarterback. As you probably know, a quarterback touches the ball everytime he's on the field, a defensive lineman does not.

In answer to question 2. Mario's worth will be determined when the Texans have someone next to him that can help neutralize opposing O-lines. I wish you could understand that, but I'm probably asking for to much. Young's worth will be determined when he get's to the playoffs, though I don't think he has a chance for a Superbowl. His release is slow, and he's a running quarterback.

A player's worth in large part, has to do with those around him. This is not high school or college, it's proffessional football.

Edited by Gary

One has to admit VInce showed that he has the field generalship that it takes to make it in the NFL. Just an instance when a veteran receiver was not improvising his route correctly, Vince gestured to him in no uncertain terms to pay attention and "Look at me". That's the leadership coming out in him. A player can have a rocket launcher arm run a 9.0 100 yd dash and not make it because he's weak inside the helmet. I think this kid has got the right stuff. He never got rattled with 12:13 left in the game, down 21 points and went to work and took care of business. Yes the Giants blew a lot of plays and gave them the opportunity to win, but they still had to make good of those opportunities which they did. He gets an A+ this week for sure, and it's only going to get better.

Kubiak has so much on his plate that needs attention immediately, it's hard to single out anyone here. It's just going to take time, like it or not, it's not going to happen overnight, it's just that bad. There is going to have to be some crafty trades made and some great draft picks made. Let's quit bitchin' about who was a better draft pick last year, the cards have been dealt. You can bet your ass Kube drafts a high impact player in the next draft, someone to get the spark going, they will also hit the free agent market heavy. Wouldn't be surprised to see a big name receiver hit the roster soon. It's just a FUBAR at the moment and that's a fact. I watch the Titans mainly because I am a big fan of Jeff Fisher. I think he is a highly under rated coach. I like Vince Young because he just comes across as a really good kid that will take his lumps like a man and pick himself up and make it better next time. I'm just still trying to get a warm fuzzy feeling for Carr. I just don't get a confident feeling with him, maybe it's just me. I just don't get any sense of toughness out of Carr, and toughness is something you've got to have. He reminds me of Danny White, White was fundamentally a solid quarterback, but lacked the toughness of a true leader. White put up the numbers, he just could never finish it. Carr gives me that feeling. I may be wrong, and I hope I am, the Texans have a lot tied up in him, and I am afraid if they were to try and trade him, they'd get squat, there's not a lot to bargain with. It's kinda like buying that sports car you thought you needed, and it's depreciating daily, and the trade in sucks. You upside down on the payments and you just got to tough it out. There's no lemon law in the NFL.