Hanover Montrose: Multifamily At 3400 Montrose Blvd.

HoustonMidtown

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cranes are pretty cool, be nice to see a documentary on their operations and to hear stories from the operators. Houston has had a large number of them up in recent years, wonder if the profession is one where you move to where the work is and you always will have a job if you want. Plus, how much can they make? Is it something you can do with training out of high school?

Check out the PBS docs Super Skyscrapers and City of Cranes. Those will answer some of your questions and feature some spectacular views.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So from looking at this and counting floors with thirteen more to go this should top out at just about the top of the crane tower which will be quite a striking edifice to borrow one of Monarch's favorite expressions. So the buildings facade is going to be this finished concrete with what appears to be some stunning glazing. I was over at Kroger yesterday and they are starting to put in the windows on the North side facing the Kroger, and they look great. Hanovers projects are all well designed and executed.

Along with Gerald Hines Southmore, on San Jacinto, and the other high rise going up behind Chelsea at 59 and the spur this cluster of

new buildings just like the Market Square cluster are going to create a really strong southern midtown grouping and advance the march

of the med center towards a downtown fusion. It won't be long if they build the 16 story where Van Loc was and the other proposed building in the Ensemble theater group and we will almost have a continuos skyline. Now if they actually ever build the Museo project on the Mann eye center property at Main that will pretty much make it continuous from the southern end of the med center at OST north to

I-10.

Which floor(s) do you think that the FBI will rent apartments in that will have the best view of the Chinese consulate roof? My understanding is that the consulate does not need all of the dishes on their roof just to have Xfinity or Direct T.V.

Shhhhh, everyone! Quiet! The impressive sighting of a native snarky joke! A rare sighting indeed, and one I hope to see again soon!"

:lol:

Which floor(s) do you think that the FBI will rent apartments in that will have the best view of the Chinese consulate roof? My understanding is that the consulate does not need all of the dishes on their roof just to have Xfinity or Direct T.V.

I was running by this the other day and thought that EXACT same thing! I wonder, will there be another stake-out apartment at Mid-Main for the Chinese "Cultural Education Center"?

:P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived