Shell Energy Stadium

Subdude

• 3 weeks later...

Dynamo Webcam

Here is the camera from the dynamo website which should be running from here on.

This video has a tour of the site itself with a little explanation of what is going on currently. At the end they speak with Chris Canetti, the dynamo pres, says we should see the actual structure of the stadium going up in about 3 weeks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dr. Pepper / Snapple Deal

Dynamo have closed a deal with Dr. Pepper / Snapple for drink rights in the new stadium. This was the first year drink sponsorships were allowed in the MLS.

I like the Texas ties, now if they can just get a deal with St. Arnolds...

The construction is moving along quickly, the retaining walls on north, east, and west have been built. They have already dug down to the full depth of the field and drainage is being installed.

IMG_1891.jpg

Dr. Pepper / Snapple Deal

Dynamo have closed a deal with Dr. Pepper / Snapple for drink rights in the new stadium. This was the first year drink sponsorships were allowed in the MLS.

I like the Texas ties, now if they can just get a deal with St. Arnolds...

The construction is moving along quickly, the retaining walls on north, east, and west have been built. They have already dug down to the full depth of the field and drainage is being installed.

IMG_1891.jpg

I didn't know that Snapple was still around. Anyone still drink it?

...and why would the MLS not allow drink sponsorships? Seems like all it would do is hamstring potential profits for teams. Plus, isn't one team called the Redbulls?

Good news for the Dynamo, though. Thanks

I didn't know that Snapple was still around. Anyone still drink it?

...and why would the MLS not allow drink sponsorships? Seems like all it would do is hamstring potential profits for teams. Plus, isn't one team called the Redbulls?

Good news for the Dynamo, though. Thanks

I'm guessing that the entire league probably had an exclusive deal with some beverage company.

• Like 1

Not that Oscar being addicted to pain relievers isn't worthy news, but I want to talk about the stadium naming rights, what about the hospitals, don't they want some recognition? "Memorial Herman Park" or "St. Josephs Field" ? Maybe "Mann Eye Institute Stadium"????

edit: unless of course, Oscar brokers a deal for free rehab for life for stadium naming rights!!??

Edited by samagon
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard that negotiations were held with Tampax for stadium naming rights, but the city withdrew the contract on the count of there were too many strings attached.

(sorry)

:unsure:

Edited by 2112