Shell Energy Stadium

Subdude

• 2 weeks later...

heard on the radio that construction is likely to begin in dec. along with a groundbreaking ceremony/party.

On what station did you hear this?

At this point in the game, I'm thinking construction could actually kickoff even sooner than that....

No new pictures but some more details from meeting last night:

• Dec 2010 ground-breaking confirmed. This means complete handover and all utility/excavation done by city/other entities.
  • The stage will be on the southern part, where offices and locker room would be. They will be less noticeable and covered by/under seats. dry.gif Could of been worse.

• Also, steel or good foundation/skeleton of the stadium should be firm around Spring 2011 time and general shape of stadium will start to rise shortly thereafter. ^_^

Edited by JJVilla

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New info:

The LATEST the construction will start will be mid January. No reason what would factor in the date.

In regards to the football lines being visible during the soccer season, some new paint technology will make it so it will simply wash or blow away.

Expansion: Turns out it CAN be expanded to put in my seats near one of the endzones...but again, no details on the matter.

That's all I got.

• 2 weeks later...

so I was having a party the other day and to make sure i didn't disturb my neighbors/get the cops called on me... i invited my neighbors. one of the girls works for Dynamo and is apparently helping to organize the ground breaking event. She says "fingers crossed", they hope to break ground next month. I have no other insight into this actually happening other than what she said, so we shall see....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

so I was having a party the other day and to make sure i didn't disturb my neighbors/get the cops called on me... i invited my neighbors. one of the girls works for Dynamo and is apparently helping to organize the ground breaking event. She says "fingers crossed", they hope to break ground next month. I have no other insight into this actually happening other than what she said, so we shall see....

I ran into my neighbor again this morning on the way to work and she said they will hopefully break ground "next Saturday", so I think that would put it at the 29th?? She also said they will be having a press release either Wedensday or Thursday of that week with more details and some more renderings (but these are probably the same rendeings posted by ChrisPHous). Hopefully she's right.

Edited by DrLan34