Shell Energy Stadium

Subdude

Anyone else go to the groundbreaking? I've never seen SJL booed like that. I guess being a politician you get used to that, but there is some serious hate towards her.

I was there. Quite the diverse and enthusiastic crowd. Yes, Sheila was greeted with a huge round of boos...I was somewhat embarrassed for her :ph34r: , but she handled it stride, her voice louder than anyone else (since it was impossible to hear anyone else actually, at least where I was. Maybe they were respecting the neighbors but the mikes needed some volume).

It's a great spot for a stadium, with views of the classy skyline on one side, then with the smattering of townhouses sitting amid antiquated industrial. Quite the juxtaposition as is Houston.

Anyone else go to the groundbreaking? I've never seen SJL booed like that. I guess being a politician you get used to that, but there is some serious hate towards her.

She must know that she sucks....good for her for being reelected again, but she has to be sharp enough to know she's getting by on demographics and nothing more. It's really easy to hate incompetence.

Actually, the Dynamo Stadium is located in the heart of her district.

Additionally, SJL is married to a U of Administrator who was instrumental in helping broker a deal between the Dynamo and Cougars for the use of Robertson Stadium these past few years.

But, he, when there's an angry mob of white folks who are mad at the uppity woman, then why bother looking at the facts?

• Like 2

Actually, the Dynamo Stadium is located in the heart of her district.

Additionally, SJL is married to a U of Administrator who was instrumental in helping broker a deal between the Dynamo and Cougars for the use of Robertson Stadium these past few years.

But, he, when there's an angry mob of white folks who are mad at the uppity woman, then why bother looking at the facts?

Like I said, she had absolutely nothing to do with the new stadium. That is the fact. And nothing you wrote even suggests otherwise.

If her husband was instrumental in anything related to the Dynamo, put him on the stage.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I think we've killed this person's BW quota for the month.

The guy on BigSoccer whose cam it is said that a cat had knocked it off.

Hes going out of town for a week then will be back to fix it after that so we will be with out it until then.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait to see it rise. Maybe they'll have that whole area around the stadium with some mixed used or office buildings:).

I'm thinking several 40+ story outrageously-designed residential towers... perhaps all joined at the 30th floor a al Petronas towers.

• Like 1

That would be awesome, having an urban layout from dynamo stadium connecting it to downtown Houston:).

That would be awesome as well.

But I can't help but wonder if we're going to have a section of town that is self sustaining BECAUSE its isolated from downtown.

Edited by ricco67