On 2/1/2023 at 6:56 AM, 004n063 said:

Anybody have more details about the bridge at the bottom of @hindesky's image?

Screenshot_20230201-075453_Chrome.jpg

All I know is that TMC should seriously consider in the coming years relocating their central plants and electric substations. With this project extending the borders of the TMC across the Brays, it makes no sense to keep that northern shore of Brays utilitarian. That land is going to be to valuable in the coming years and it needs to look the part as a way to seamlessly "bridge" between both parts. It will be expensive. I'd say somewhere in the $500M - $1B range to move everything, with the whole process taking 5-10 years, but would be a great investment. Only question is...where do you relocate it?

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Luminare said:

All I know is that TMC should seriously consider in the coming years relocating their central plants and electric substations. With this project extending the borders of the TMC across the Brays, it makes no sense to keep that northern shore of Brays utilitarian. That land is going to be to valuable in the coming years and it needs to look the part as a way to seamlessly "bridge" between both parts. It will be expensive. I'd say somewhere in the $500M - $1B range to move everything, with the whole process taking 5-10 years, but would be a great investment. Only question is...where do you relocate it?

If it would seriously cost, anywhere near the $500 M - $1 B range to move these, it's hard to imagine that being a good investment.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

If it would seriously cost, anywhere near the $500 M - $1 B range to move these, it's hard to imagine that being a good investment.

I guess it depends on how much they think that land is worth, huh? But yeah that is a significant amount of change to hand out if you don't know for sure that you're going to make your money back through commercial/residential developments. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NB_Brendan said:

I guess it depends on how much they think that land is worth, huh? But yeah that is a significant amount of change to hand out if you don't know for sure that you're going to make your money back through commercial/residential developments. 

Well, yes, of course it does.  And again, it's hard to imagine anyone thinking spending $500 M to $1 Billion to move the TECO facilities would be a good investment. Especially when you consider, they can't be moved miles away; so the dirt they would move them to would not be hugely less expensive dirt than that on which they are now sitting.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Houston19514 said:

Well, yes, of course it does.  And again, it's hard to imagine anyone thinking spending $500 M to $1 Billion to move the TECO facilities would be a good investment. Especially when you consider, they can't be moved miles away; so the dirt they would move them to would not be hugely less expensive dirt than that on which they are now sitting.

Good point, it's not like they can move them across town. Wonder what Luminare was getting at?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NB_Brendan said:

ahhh im loving the double helix design. 

16 hours ago, NB_Brendan said:

ahhh im loving the double helix design. 

I agree, as much as my fellow Professors of Biology would wish to add the hydrogen bonds between DNA's nitrogenous bases. Hydrogen bonds are vital . Still, we shall endure.

• Like 2

I think its pretty fortuitous that 20 years ago when they built that wall they chose to add Double Helix symbols on it. I can see the architects for TMC3, driving around  the site surveying the property and it's surroundings. Perhaps seeing that wall with the row of double helix's symbols was they're inspiration. As for the ugly power plant. They could always build a tall wall with more Double Helix's echoing the shape.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Twinsanity02 said:

I agree, as much as my fellow Professors of Biology would wish to add the hydrogen bonds between DNA's nitrogenous bases. Hydrogen bonds are vital . Still, we shall endure.

haha. to be fair, only a few bio nerds will notice! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

One Discovery Way:

PfyaJbS.jpg

kVquHyz.jpg

6bOxSGX.jpg

Unknown Street:

WpbDsnX.jpg

Parcel E is being worked on:

oc4lun8.jpg

2XzoD17.jpg

Two Discovery Way:

qDnmUtq.jpg

c80EYhq.jpg

Helix Park, section 1:

KkdzKQm.jpg

uI3wRT2.jpg

Helix Park, section 2:

1VsNZgm.jpg

Helix Park, section 3:

tyGf55i.jpg

6MhSY2n.jpg

Helix Park, section 4:

KYq6vwC.jpg

24mkgv2.jpg

Collaborative Building:

trkNdG9.jpg

IwcscvH.jpg

g1AtHxb.jpg

Mixed-Use Garage topping out:

YIqcqmB.jpg

94PPNGW.jpg

krkPvUP.jpg

That thing is looking beautiful! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

One Discovery Way:

0Dxr5Ri.jpg

ZlIPmJI.jpg

e2hdj9P.jpg

InSKM5z.jpg

Helix Park, section 2:

V6ysxLq.jpg

q22jpfJ.jpg

Helix Park, section 3:

skpn2MT.jpg

TLt3EjK.jpg

gMpaYje.jpg

Helix Park, section 4:

gfcZHgT.jpg

4kPVW0o.jpg

Collaborative Building:

wecocZ0.jpg

Parcel E coming out nicely:

ShK8mbj.jpg

Two Discovery Way:

R98bdsF.jpg

Mixed-Use Garage:

Uu0TDqG.jpg

rmTpvAc.jpg

bnX5Anx.jpg

love the design on that collaborative building. this whole project seems to have an appropriate amount of natural light, by my standards :) 

• Like 3

On 2/27/2023 at 10:00 AM, Highrise Tower said:

There's a new TMC Helix Park Retail Book Brochure.

https://www.tmc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/TMC-HelixPark-Retail-Deck_Online_022023.pdf

This is no longer considered phase one.  Phase two includes the hotel, conference center, and multifamily tower. Phase 2 is due to come online in 2025/2026.  This means construction should start later this year? Or at the latest early next year. 

9O3lFIV.png

DMlasri.png

The campus activities and amenities list grew! This place seems like a dream!! 

37 acres mixed-use at full build-out including:

5.4M developed SF
275K SF of programmed park
123K SF retail
150 seat beer garden (!!)
20K SF food hall (!!)
1K seat amphitheater (!!)
300K SF parking

HSHOTed.png

The Mixed-Use Garage looks better than I thought. wow!!  The fitness club that they are calling "Burn Fitness" includes a roof top pool! Look at that unique golden mesh wrap and the curvy ground floor glass facade!!

Even the parking garage is a master piece!

aBUunfC.png

UAJQcnW.png

Looks like Dynamic One has a new brochure as well...

https://www.tmc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/BC_Dynamic_Brochure_230216.pdf

They put the timeline of the 2nd (South) Tower construction from Q3 2023 to the end of Q4 2025, if the chart in the brochure is anything to go off of.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2023 at 10:00 AM, Highrise Tower said:

There's a new TMC Helix Park Retail Book Brochure.

https://www.tmc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/TMC-HelixPark-Retail-Deck_Online_022023.pdf

This is no longer considered phase one.  Phase two includes the hotel, conference center, and multifamily tower. Phase 2 is due to come online in 2025/2026.  This means construction should start later this year? Or at the latest early next year. 

9O3lFIV.png

DMlasri.png

The campus activities and amenities list grew! This place seems like a dream!! 

37 acres mixed-use at full build-out including:

5.4M developed SF
275K SF of programmed park
123K SF retail
150 seat beer garden (!!)
20K SF food hall (!!)
1K seat amphitheater (!!)
300K SF parking

HSHOTed.png

The Mixed-Use Garage looks better than I thought. wow!!  The fitness club that they are calling "Burn Fitness" includes a roof top pool! Look at that unique golden mesh wrap and the curvy ground floor glass facade!!

Even the parking garage is a master piece!

aBUunfC.png

UAJQcnW.png

Well this is somewhat disappointing (the construction timeline, not the design itself). This means phase one is...two and a half buildings? As is Phase 2, if we count the hotel, conference center and residential tower as one building. At least I like the garage's design now that I've seen the finished product. And what's with Parcel A? Does this mean they don't even have plan on when they will start building that? Also, they show the UTHealth and MD Anderson buildings in the picture, but give no timeline on their completion.

• Like 2

On 2/28/2023 at 10:19 PM, Big E said:

Well this is somewhat disappointing (the construction timeline, not the design itself). This means phase one is...two and a half buildings? As is Phase 2, if we count the hotel, conference center and residential tower as one building. At least I like the garage's design now that I've seen the finished product. And what's with Parcel A? Does this mean they don't even have plan on when they will start building that? Also, they show the UTHealth and MD Anderson buildings in the picture, but give no timeline on their completion.

This article may shed some light. I waited to post it so as not to rain on the parade or be accused of undue pessimism. After ten years of heady growth, the biotech sector is now contracting rather than expanding, with one index of biotech stocks showing a 48% decline from two years ago and many companies struggling to survive. The upswing in interest rates the last couple years chased investors out of biotech as it did tech in general. Probably not the time to be a new, unproven biotech city trying to capture some of the overflow from the core biotech centers.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/layoffs-and-shutdowns-hit-biotech-industry-in-u-turn-ffdf14eb?page=3

• Like 3
  • Sad 2