11 hours ago, 004n063 said:

Does anyone know if that final lot on the upper right will be part of this project?

Also, any sense of what kind of treatment the street crossings will get? Would be awesome to have crossing tables at a continuous grade that asserted pedestrian priority.

Anyways, great photos, CL!

That's where the Hotel and condo development will be.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Amlaham said:

Think this has already been discussed, Houston is hoping to land ARPA-H here. One is already planned for DC, and the other 2 locations are up for bids.

https://communityimpact.com/houston/bellaire-meyerland-west-university/development/2023/06/05/houston-seeks-federal-research-hub-as-helix-park-advances/

Of course we have some competition. Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio are apparently all teaming up to make a bid for Pegasus Park in Dallas. Kind of interesting that all cities would team up to bid for Dallas, rivaling against Houston's bid. They believe they have a competitive edge since its all 3 cities now teaming up against 1. 

https://dallasinnovates.com/three-texas-cities-team-up-to-bring-national-health-research-hub-to-pegasus-park/

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/biontx-supports-texas-consortium-for-arpa-h-customer-experience-hub-301822050.html

I feel like Houston desperately needs this, so fingers crossed 🤷‍♂️

Per the article, we'll find out who makes 2nd round cut and gets a site visit in early summer.  Pulling from the CI Article, TMC Helix Park is almost perfect for the description of 2nd Hub bid given our partnering institutions, proximity to TMC Main Campus, # of annual clinical trials, Houston's diversity for those trials, Research standing, etc. etc.

I'd be absolutely speechless if Pegasus Park won consideration over TMC on this specific bid type.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Amlaham said:

Of course we have some competition. Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio are apparently all teaming up to make a bid for Pegasus Park in Dallas. Kind of interesting that all cities would team up to bid for Dallas, rivaling against Houston's bid. They believe they have a competitive edge since its all 3 cities now teaming up against 1. 

https://dallasinnovates.com/three-texas-cities-team-up-to-bring-national-health-research-hub-to-pegasus-park/

Read the piece. Laughed a couple of times. I can't speak to the life sciences pedigree of Dallas or the not-Dallas cities, but strictly from a writing perspective it was just a bit off. And it has been out there since April!

Wondered if an editor actually reviewed it prior to publication. 

To me, it read like an advertorial in a few instances. At times an oddly worded one.

"The competition is expected to be fierce, with cities nationwide also in the running—including a rival proposal by Houston in Texas’ southeast."

Thank you for the geographic insight from Dallas - in Texas' north. 

Also, the paragraphs below this section literally repeated themselves.

"Dallas ARPA-H hub would reach out to other ‘spokes’ in Texas"

I mean...

nUgxUU7.png

"hubwe"

Like I said, no commentary about the city or cities involved. Just a couple of oddball things (to me) in this profile of what's happening.

Edited by ChannelTwoNews
lack of "hubwe"
  • Like 7

ltimately, the decision of which city will host the ARPA-H hub will come down to a number of factors, including the strength of the bids, the political climate, and the availability of funding. However, both Houston and Dallas are excellent candidates and either city would be a great fit for the hub.

State or local climate?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

INXxoRY.jpg

CQ2t7Sf.jpg

These trees already look really lush and like they're providing shade. This is going to be a really nice campus once it fills out more. Really hope Houston lands those Federal dollars to compliment this project.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Were all those more mature trees already there in the parks or did they bring them in? I'm assuming its more expensive which is why you don't see it that often? I didn't know you could grab older trees like that for newer developments.

• Like 1

spacer.png

^^^ one can only just imagine, that the upper management of this BLOSSOM HOTEL development must be constantly LICKING THEIR RESPECTIVE CHOPS... at their genius move of constructing their hotel at this particular site.  pretty soon, this place is going to become a bonafide/certified gold mine... 

• Like 4

On 7/13/2023 at 10:40 AM, X.R. said:

I didn't know you could grab older trees like that for newer developments.

You can, but they're super expensive, for obvious reasons.

I've seen large developers save big old trees from one project, and move them to another project they have happening at the same time.

• Like 5