17 hours ago, texan said:

Texas A&M President Kathy Banks confirmed today in her State of the University address that the Texas A&M portion will be a $200 million building developed with UH.

https://president.tamu.edu/state-of-the-university/index.html?_ga=2.77300117.1889984132.1664459151-652174275.1664459151&_gl=1*trm86*_ga*NjUyMTc0Mjc1LjE2NjQ0NTkxNTE.*_ga_SJ5GMN0ZQL*MTY2NDQ1OTE1MC4xLjAuMTY2NDQ1OTE1MC42MC4wLjA.*_ga_3LYM4WJM04*MTY2NDQ1OTE1MC4xLjAuMTY2NDQ1OTE1MC42MC4wLjA.

Finally, we are committed to developing programs that will increase our funding from the National Institutes of Health. To support this effort, we will construct two new research facilities in the Texas Medical Center in Houston. 

The first of these – known as the TMC3 Collaborative – is a joint venture with MD Anderson Cancer Center and UT Health. The second is a $200 million dollar biomedical research building developed in partnership with the University of Houston. These facilities, along with the EnMed program, will attract international research talent and increase the prominence of our biomedical research portfolio.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, EllenOlenska said:

I agree with Ross. I can see why one would like it shorter. But 50 is fine with me and all the pictures made recent pages feel long. 

I don't see the issue. If some see it as an issue its only like this on high profile, large projects. I'd say keep it how it is.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Lux said:

I love the project and all, but honestly, I laughed a bit at "easy Metrorail connection to CBD". Unless this project includes some serious pedestrian infrastructure beyond the property lines, it's actually going to be a really annoying walking connection to both the rail and, (though I'm more optimistic about this being quickly remedied) the Brays Bayou trail. Not exactly too far from the TMC stop, but definitely not a pleasant walk.

I hope the district has a plan for this. Would hate to see this become yet another car-centric wolf in pedestrian sheep's clothing.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, 004n063 said:

I love the project and all, but honestly, I laughed a bit at "easy Metrorail connection to CBD". Unless this project includes some serious pedestrian infrastructure beyond the property lines, it's actually going to be a really annoying walking connection to both the rail and, (though I'm more optimistic about this being quickly remedied) the Brays Bayou trail. Not exactly too far from the TMC stop, but definitely not a pleasant walk.

I hope the district has a plan for this. Would hate to see this become yet another car-centric wolf in pedestrian sheep's clothing.

I would add after viewing the presentation, the "not a pleasant walk" to the metro line as you describe it has had the wonderous effect of completely obliterating the obesity epidemic one reads about, at least for all the people working in TMC Helix Park.  All are shapely and fit. Truly amazing!

• Haha 2

Unless they have built a lot of irrigation for those water-seeking baldcypress trees, that's not a good fit for them.  Sasaki planted them all along Dallas' arts district sidewalks and the district is having to rethink that.

The darker-leaved trees look like oaks and if so they're planted too close together.

• Like 1