2 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

Separate from this thread, I'm excited to see how TMC3, Levit Green, etc. directly impacts nearby housing with all of these high-paying jobs being created in the area.  The clear beneficiary imo is the Museum District with it's immediate access to Hermann Park, adjacent to one of the nations best cluster of art/cultural institutions, and a growing number of great restaurants.  It seems more land has been trading in the area as of late, so perhaps developers are positioning for an influx in demand.  I could see this becoming a much more dense and affluent area in the next several years.  Feed me more Boone Manors.

The future X Co. apartments, whatever Related Group is going to build, Museo Plaza high rise and the high rise apartments connected to TMC3. Hopefully they all get started soon.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

Separate from this thread, I'm excited to see how TMC3, Levit Green, etc. directly impacts nearby housing with all of these high-paying jobs being created in the area.  The clear beneficiary imo is the Museum District with it's immediate access to Hermann Park, adjacent to one of the nations best cluster of art/cultural institutions, and a growing number of great restaurants.  It seems more land has been trading in the area as of late, so perhaps developers are positioning for an influx in demand.  I could see this becoming a much more dense and affluent area in the next several years.  Feed me more Boone Manors.

Agree.  Museum Park neighborhood, Devonshire Place neighborhood, Central City subdivision and western Third Ward  -- all stand to benefit from an influx of life sciences campuses and businesses into the greater Texas Medical Center.  University Place, Southside Place, Museum District and West University (as though they need any help) will only continue to flourish with proximity.

• Like 3

That is a really big crane to put up a tower crane, that size of crane makes me think it's going to be lifting precast concrete structures for either a parking garage or for a building. I guess it could put up the tower crane while it's on site but to build a crane that size it makes me think it's going to be there a while.

Edit: The fact that it's on crawler tracks means it will be moving around, most AT cranes sit in one optimal spot to erect a tower crane. It takes too much time and manpower to erect and disassemble an AT crane and they can't move once assembled.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 5

On 3/21/2022 at 6:40 PM, KirbyDriveKid said:

They're airplane window photos so apologies for the quality, but figured I'd share my shots from the ever-scenic Hobby Airport takeoff path.

Med Center.jpg

Zoom.jpg

Awesome shots!

Do we seriously not know anyone that operates a helicopter or has a pilots license? We have a bunch of drone operators on here, but it still doesn't beat a shot from a plane or a helicopter.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...