13 minutes ago, BEES?! said:

Looking at the renders, I was curious to know if besides this project and those apartments going up in TMC also, how common it is to see underground cisterns built under projects to hold stormwater here in Houston? 

I know of 5 right off the top of my head, The Oliver next to the silos, the Rice grad student off campus housing on Dryden, the Guefen high rise student housing next to UH( I'm about to post those), the Blackwell apartments on Knight Rd,  the new Home Depot in Lower Heights. It seems to be used when they don't have the room for a pond and inside the loop that extra land is expensive.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2021 at 4:57 PM, BEES?! said:

Looking at the renders, I was curious to know if besides this project and those apartments going up in TMC also, how common it is to see underground cisterns built under projects to hold stormwater here in Houston? 

I think we'll be seeing it more with the new on-site detention requirements. Not sure if that's for the city or county and just something I heard... inb4 "welllllll accckshulllllyyyyy" from the "experts"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/16/2021 at 3:29 PM, KirbyDriveKid said:

Boy do I miss the St. Luke's/Texas Childrens needles :(  The wedding cake roof is much less impressive without them.

I didn't even realize the needles were gone till you said something! Why did they take them down?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

So the buildings for Parcels C and D are underway, correct? Any others?

Not exactly.

Parcel C, Collaborative Building and Parcel I, Parking Garage/Fitness Center are currently under construction.

Parcel D, Industry Building, should be breaking ground in a few weeks.  I noticed a plan review permit yesterday for the garage portion. TDLR registration specified a September 2021 start date.

1r9O4Ka.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2021 at 8:46 PM, Highrise Tower said:

Not exactly.

Parcel C, Collaborative Building and Parcel I, Parking Garage/Fitness Center are currently under construction.

Parcel D, Industry Building, should be breaking ground in a few weeks.  I noticed a plan review permit yesterday for the garage portion. TDLR registration specified a September 2021 start date.

1r9O4Ka.png

Ah yes. I saw that about the TDLR registration, but it was TLDR.

• Like 1

TMC3 Collaborative Building:
The First TMC Collaborative Research Hub

Designed by world-renowned Elkus Manfredi Architects, the 250,000-SF TMC3Collaborative Building will house synergistic research initiatives for four founding institutions: MD Anderson, Texas A&M University Health Science Center, the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, and TMC.

The four-story, state-of-the-art building will foster ongoing collaboration between academic institutions and industry partners through a 43,000-SFjoint research lab, office/co-working space and a shared IT infrastructure to facilitate idea exchange. In addition, the building will host commercial life sciences companies and industry leaders, as well as the TMC Data Collaborative, Braidwell, the TMC Venture Fund, and national venture and equity fund partners.

Facing TMC3’s unique Helix Gardens, this central hub will also include a 14,000-SF M.D. Anderson lab and a 7,000-SFatrium for TED talks, weekly programming and informal events.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1