On 6/3/2021 at 2:28 PM, TheSirDingle said:

Dang must be nice to have a $22 billion fund to pull from. Anyway it's definitely moving forward, they're just gonna pull it from the PUF like you said (as we can see from the construction). 

I wouldn't assume that it's just a slam dunk, there are a lot of politics behind how they use that fund. As I understand it you can't take from the $22 billion, you take from the revenue generated by the $22 billion, which is a lot smaller and many mouths are fed by it.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

I wouldn't assume that it's just a slam dunk, there are a lot of politics behind how they use that fund. As I understand it you can't take from the $22 billion, you take from the revenue generated by the $22 billion, which is a lot smaller and many mouths are fed by it.

Correct, endowments are very strict and usually only spend around half of the income generated from the endowed money. 

• Like 3

On 6/16/2021 at 9:32 PM, jmitch94 said:

So cool! Is this your own camera or one that TMC3 put up? 

It would be fabulous if TMC, Vaughn Construction or Transwestern had a live stream or compiled a living movie from one second of daily TMC3 footage.  It’s such an active project, and the pace of site development is accelerating.  I quickly shot the short time-lapse in the above post just to highlight ground activity, but I’d much rather see the project evolution stitched together in frames over the months and years to come.  I’m not currently aware of any dedicated site cameras.

• Like 2

From the PurgeRite Facebook page:

PurgeRite delivers comprehensive services to ensure that hydronic and geothermal systems deliver designed performance, durability, and operation.

Seems like they flush all of the construction crap out of water lines used in HVAC systems, especially geothermal and hydronic.

• Like 6

On 7/8/2021 at 10:12 AM, phillip_white said:

I predicted the poured section would be a road, but from what I can see in this picture the three sections have a stepped elevation change. Any other ideas?

Per the construction crew, this is a road, and the underground collaborative building parking extends beneath the street.  The stepped feature remains a mystery, but perhaps it’s related to drainage.

• Like 7