Parkside Residences: 43-Story Residential High-Rise At 808 Crawford St.

largeTEXAS

4 minutes ago, thatguysly said:

I think some may come around but seems like it has been very quiet lately. Though this one came out of almost no where. I really hope Shanska happens. I just feel like we might hit a lull until the next wave. A lot of companies are hitting pause with COVID. I hope I am wrong and some race to beat others to open like you see on Allen. I just feel like the list you listed was always more of hopes instead of expected to happen.

I think Skanska bought that site for the long run and it's just a question of when they can develop. I don't expect much office development in Houston in the next 5 years, except for some small projects that cannibalize older buildings for their tenants. With multi-family I think we're in the middle of a slowdown (but not a halt) and the pandemic will determine how long and bad that slowdown is. Retail I also think will be minimal for the foreseeable future except for some limited stuff inside larger developments.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, H-Town Man said:

I think Skanska bought that site for the long run and it's just a question of when they can develop. I don't expect much office development in Houston in the next 5 years, except for some small projects that cannibalize older buildings for their tenants. With multi-family I think we're in the middle of a slowdown (but not a halt) and the pandemic will determine how long and bad that slowdown is. Retail I also think will be minimal for the foreseeable future except for some limited stuff inside larger developments.

So that pretty much covers everything except industrial and hotels 😕. Covid is really making an impact.

This section is going to be rough.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, X.R. said:

that is an incredible statistic. I don't know if 25k units is a lot to be under construction, but 90% of them being luxury to me sounds crazy high. The townhome style units sound pretty amazing, as does have direct access to the tunnels. Thats a bit of a coup for them I would think. If I worked downtown and had the cash, I would love to be"walking home" in the tunnels. Could never have imagined that 10 years ago.

This, the preston,the mid-rise going in on the west side of downtown (fairfield), and the remodeling of the Houston Center/the shops are big wins despite the medium-term effects of the economy/COVID, as the article describes it. 

Connecting to the tunnels is awesome

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kbates2 said:

Urban H‑E‑B should go by market square area, lots of residents there.

Post Houston should be a market... but will it have things like a grocery? or more clothing? I'd hope market square people can walk over to post...

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, hindesky said:

The first picture on this website is of Deep Ellum in Dallas. It brings back great memories of college when I lived in Downtown Dallas in the Farmers Market District. I would walk into Deep Ellum nearly every day and there was always SO much to do. East Downtown is similar but not nearly as developed as Deep Ellum, while Montrose has a similar vibe but is not as urban. Deep Ellum is the one thing I feel Dallas has over Houston and I wish we could develop something to that level.

Anyway, excited for Block 98. Nice to see more high rise residential downtown.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Yoda said:

The first picture on this website is of Deep Ellum in Dallas. It brings back great memories of college when I lived in Downtown Dallas in the Farmers Market District. I would walk into Deep Ellum nearly every day and there was always SO much to do. East Downtown is similar but not nearly as developed as Deep Ellum, while Montrose has a similar vibe but is not as urban. Deep Ellum is the one thing I feel Dallas has over Houston and I wish we could develop something to that level.

Anyway, excited for Block 98. Nice to see more high rise residential downtown.

I think generally our downtown is better, their neighborhoods around downtown are better.

• Like 5