Aris At Market Square: 32-Story High-Rise At 409 Travis St.

Mab

The hall is exposed concrete. Did the whole $1.8 million in finish allowance go to just the furniture, fixtures, and equipment?

I really hope the food hall in the Gulf Building won't be exposed concrete. I mean I know that exposed concrete is just so ----ing cool these days, but I really hope they go with something more in keeping with the rest of the building. Exposed concrete is fine here I suppose, wish it could be brick instead.

Edited by H-Town Man
  • Like 2

Still on the tour tonight and this building looks great. The  brick work and accent materials looks so good with the glazing, and now that they've cleared out most of the construction minutiae, its so much easier to appreciate the attention to detail. Its introduction to the neighborhood almost seems like something that happened in the past century.  Ari's relationship to Market Square and the historic district rings true to its renderings and surroundings. It fits into the neighborhood like an old glove. Yet  when seen on the skyline it's  a very handsome brick and glass twenty-first century residential tower. If I had the money and the desire to move again this would be number one on my list. Its already a neighborhood thats been lived in for over thirty years to many a pioneers. Heres to a great pair of pioneers Dan and Jamie who started Trebeards and live on the next block of Travis. Jim Pirtle's founder of Notsuoh, another of those early and longtime residents. Its come a long way! I worked this corner for three years in  early 2000 when Cabo's was in the El Big Bad location. There's been some serious changes since those days!

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

More on Bravery Chef Hall opening at Aris Market Square

That's the concept being forwarded by Bravery Chef Hall, a chef-driven dining hall proposed for the new Aris Market Square apartment tower under construction at 409 Travis. The owners of Prohibition Supperclub & Bar and Conservatory food hall have yet to sign a lease, but their project is solidly underway at the Hines-owned high rise overlooking historic Market Square.

In addition to the five kitchen stations, there will be two separate cocktail bars. The hall also will sport a 4,000-square-foot patio and sidewalk café seating.

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Chef-driven-dining-hall-coming-to-downtown-Houston-11232910.php

Sounds like the Main Street pocket park space is indeed going to be patio seating for the ground floor restaurant tenant.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/27/2017 at 11:10 PM, H-Town Man said:

House flooded in West U, Bellaire, Memorial? Come live here

Few if any houses flooded in West U, thankfully.  I assume some probably did, but the city's flooding was mostly just street flooding.  Bellaire and Memorial are different stories, of course.

• Like 1