Aris At Market Square: 32-Story High-Rise At 409 Travis St.

Mab

Great shot. Must have been taken from the Rice Lofts garage. When I ran Cabo's back during the Super Bowl and the early 2000's

we used to get complaints from Rice tenants who said that the late night emptying of trash bags full of beer bottles drove them

crazy. I hope Hines puts in windows that keep out some of the noise, however I doubt that Big Bad is quite as busy as we were.

Haha, no, thats my partner in crime. 

If you see another (shorter) chick wandering around in the same attire - I can pretty much guarantee thats me. Don't be afraid to say hi :)

Ah fair enough, I was going to give you props on the power stance but alas I cannot.  I'll do my best to spot you on the site from Cinco...

Thanks for the photo updates!

• Like 2

With the sole exception of the Exxon mobile campus, I've never been or heard of a project where every variety of employee or visitor is made to have steel toed boots.

Typically work boots are what the field staff uses and visitors and office staff at bare minimum are required to have close toed shoes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

With the sole exception of the Exxon mobile campus, I've never been or heard of a project where every variety of employee or visitor is made to have steel toed boots.

Typically work boots are what the field staff uses and visitors and office staff at bare minimum are required to have close toed shoes.

Every gas plant and refinery construction site I've gone to require steel toed boots for all visitors that step outside the office.  The commercial and residential construction sites I have been to have not required them (although it's been 15 years since I've been to one of those).  

Every gas plant and refinery construction site I've gone to require steel toed boots for all visitors that step outside the office. The commercial and residential construction sites I have been to have not required them (although it's been 15 years since I've been to one of those).

I was referring to commercial. Oil and gas is way more stringent on safety.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...