Aris At Market Square: 32-Story High-Rise At 409 Travis St.

Mab

So you're saying that Houston had alleys downtown, and the city allowed people to build into them? I'm skeptical.

Oh no, sorry for the confusion. Thats just what happened in this particular instance. Like I said there is at least a 3 ft gap between our building and the Citizens building. By the bar (the commoner) and the State National Building it gets down to inches or less (hence my comment about building over their property lines). 

Are alleys a requirement though - clearly thats not the case with this new building butting up against the old ones.  

Can't wait to see how this one turns out. It should really make a big difference to the area along with the

Market Square 40 story. It will be interesting to see what kind of retail begins to open in this area with

all of the new residents.

• Like 1

Steel going on around the entrance area. Looks like the exterior might start going on soon too...

Yea, they were working on it earlier in the week. It was quite loud when the construction crew was banging on the steel with hammers. Hopefully they were wearing ear plugs... you could hear it clearly inside Treebeards.

We started the canopy this past Saturday. I have a time lapse of some of it going up but even compressed from my phone says it's too big, I'll work it out later if anyone is actually interested.

As for skin, just the mason and steel erector at the moment. They've actually gotten a lot done you just can't see it because it's inside and BOH.

Stay tuned next week. Houst is being erected.

Happy Friday