Chevron Tower For Downtown At 1600 Louisiana St.

tangledwoods

It will be a great addition to the skyline, from all angles. Was keeping my fingers crossed it would have gained a few floors. I think an 850ft skyscraper there could really play nicely with the Wells Fargo & Chase Tower.

I count 50 stories on top of a 3 story pedestal for a total of 53 stories.  Is that what we had with the earlier renderings?  I too would love to see it grow to at least 850 feet.

My god. People complain about an old falling down house being town down on this site, as well as complain about a huge 53 story skyscraper going up. Makes me question whether people really want the city to urbanize . . . .

You mean the old YMCA?  That's been gone a while.

• 1 month later...

Nice to see that start date getting moved forward from 2016. I actually suspect this one may get scaled up a little bit before all is said and done given Chevron's commitment to this area.

Would the price of adding more space now be more cost effective than building another building 10 years down the line?

I created for myself to get an idea of what downtown would look like after all the new proposed towers are built. I thought it might entertain a few others at this website so I posted it on the 'skyline update' thread. Obviously I took liberties with Chevron Tower. It sounds like the final design may still be up in the air. Who knows, maybe the final design of the tower will be inspired by their own logo.

Edited by Metro West
  • Like 3