21 minutes ago, bobruss said:

Hindesky, I think you set a record today. Great work! Did you get caught in the deluge? 

This is going to be such a beautiful building and I imagine coming in on 59 and 45 are 

I made it home after 39 miles and leg cramps only to find I lost my house keys when I made it home. $150 later a locksmith got me back in right before the rain hit.

By the way - what you see on the Fannin side of the top is a large frame that is a giant skylight.  The skylight will be part of the top 2 floors of the building with dynamic glass that darkens with a touch of a button (not unlike a 787 Dreamliner).   It will be a feature that is very cool, but rarely seen.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, PAC said:

By the way - what you see on the Fannin side of the top is a large frame that is a giant skylight.  The skylight will be part of the top 2 floors of the building with dynamic glass that darkens with a touch of a button (not unlike a 787 Dreamliner).   It will be a feature that is very cool, but rarely seen.

^^^ @PAC any illustrations / renderings?  this sounds EXTREMELY interesting / intriguing.  exactly what "large frame" are you speaking of.... "fannin side"?  are you stating that there will be a LED light show at the very top that is different in scope / design and rarely seen?  inquiring minds.....

9 minutes ago, Timoric said:

Just looking at this picture, I had a question. Buildings have life when the windows are lit up at night. With all that steel at the top how will those levels look? It won't be dark will it?

I think that's where the LED's would be at. Maybe something like BHP Billiton's tower?

International law firm to move Houston office to 609 Main

The law firm of Hogan Lovells US LLP has signed a lease to move its Houston office to 43,000 square feet in Hines' 609 Main in the spring of 2017.

The firm, which is co-headquartered in London and Washington, D.C., currently has its Houston office in downtown's Bank of America building. Hogan Lovells has roughly 30 lawyers today but expects to have around 40 by move-in time,Bruce Oakley, Hogan Lovells' Houston managing partner, told the Houston Business Journal.

Hogan Lovells will occupy the 42nd and 43rd floors. Gensler and Harvey Builders will do the design and construction work, respectively. The plan is to begin construction on the space in October with an April move-in date, Oakley added.

Additionally, the plan for Hogan Lovells is to expand its Houston presence to roughly 60 lawyers on the back of a strong intellectual property, transactional and Latin America practice portfolio in Houston, Oakley added.

• Like 8