Yeah, they have an interesting interpretation of "topping out".. Have they built floor 48 yet? Maybe thats what they're referring to? Or John Pickard happened to be in town so they all went over to the tower and had an early "celebration". Heh.
The tree doesn't normally come until the final structural beam is placed.

I'm very excited for this project, but I think I'm more excited for the 'Hines' effect that will take place within a few blocks radius of here.  There is a lot of surface lots nearby, that will likely be hitting the drawing boards soon if they haven't already.  A lot of national law firms and high-credit tenants are trading papers on this building right now, in addition to United Airlines and Kirkland.   These projects may be 5-7 years away, but the future is bright for downtown Houston.

• Like 6

This is a nice view of  downtown from the southeast, a side we don't normally  see in stories about Houston. Great balance and depth.

Many more buildings are visible on the east side, and the skyline is much more dynamic with all of the layering. I find the  juxtaposition is much more interesting and you really

feel the scope of downtown.

• Like 2

That looks to be taken from TDECU Stadium. The view from the larger upper deck of the entire city is amazing. You can see all the way out to the Energy Corridor on a clear day and the city looks huge. Also, looking East, you can see so many of the ship channel plants. 

• Like 3