Park Place | River Oaks: Mixed-Use Development At Westheimer Rd. & Mid Ln.

lockmat

• The title was changed to The James/Ivy/Park Place River Oaks: Westheimer & Mid Lane Mixed-Use
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 6:29 AM, Highrise Tower said:

The Highland Village tree lighting has been extended down Westheimer to Park Place River Oaks.  Simply Amazing!

ew3pvZF.jpg

YSXRYc8.jpg

My wife drives through this area frequently, and keeps telling me I have to go see it.

I've noticed that a few of the Christmas decorations are up on Main Street downtown, as well. 

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Park Place | River Oaks: Mixed-Use Development At Westheimer Rd. & Mid Ln.
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone have insight as to whether or not Atlanta chef Ford Fry is leasing space in the Park Place River Oaks development?

I noticed the entity Park Place Houston Little Rey, LLC registered last month.

Little Rey is a casual Tex-Mex inspired restaurant focused on wood-roasted meats. The menu is mostly composed of tacos and Mexican beers.

https://www.littlerey.com/

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 12:31 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Does anyone have insight as to whether or not Atlanta chef Ford Fry is leasing space in the Park Place River Oaks development?

I noticed the entity Park Place Houston Little Rey, LLC registered last month.

Little Rey is a casual Tex-Mex inspired restaurant focused on wood-roasted meats. The menu is mostly composed of tacos and Mexican beers.

https://www.littlerey.com/

Found this with a google search. It mentions Houston and Atlanta. 
https://shopcompanies.com/tenants/ford-fry-little-rey

Edited by citykid09
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 8:58 PM, citykid09 said:

Found this with a google search. It mentions Houston and Atlanta. 
https://shopcompanies.com/tenants/ford-fry-little-rey

Thanks, but it doesn't answer my question about Little Rey leasing a unit in the Park Place development. The listing is old (about a year or so) and specifically notes Rocket Farm Restaurants is looking for markets that are NOT in Atlanta or Houston for the concept. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Construction progress inside Ten / Ten Sushi + Cocktails. The restaurant is located at 4200 Westheimer Rd, Ste 110, within the 200 Park Place development.

As noted in previous posts, 200 Park Place is one of the three buildings in the Park Place community / development near River Oaks.

Ten is from the group behind Bosscat Kitchen + Libations.

The photos are from local flooring company Total Floors. They were taken in late October.

2V3NBDw.jpg

aYGDC2X.jpg

QTyupUM.jpg

m599w2R.jpg

gefAJS0.jpg

• Like 7

Is it me or does that corridor along the railroad look really lush on the renderings? 

0D31C3C7-E488-4B59-9C3B-58BE94EDB624.jpeg

I wonder if these developers are aware that there are plans to lay down a hike and bike trail along this corridor that will eventually cross into Memorial Park. And if they aren’t, would they put any skin into the game (funding) to make it a reality faster?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, emmanume said:

Is it me or does that corridor along the railroad look really lush on the renderings? 

0D31C3C7-E488-4B59-9C3B-58BE94EDB624.jpeg

I wonder if these developers are aware that there are plans to lay down a hike and bike trail along this corridor that will eventually cross into Memorial Park. And if they aren’t, would they put any skin into the game (funding) to make it a reality faster?

Sorry what?? Do you have a link or source? Would be amazing if true.

• Like 2

Ten / Ten Sushi + Cocktails opened to the public yesterday. The restaurant is located at 4200 Westheimer Rd, Ste 110, within the 200 Park Place development.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/ten-sushi-houston-open/

From the CultureMap article

UlkzGxc.jpg

J0mlAzE.jpg

Photo from Built Nearby's Instagram story

erQx1RH.jpg

Screenshots from Ten and other Instagram accounts

SDccHUC.jpg

H40hnfH.jpg

nWxxJL0.jpg

jkK9obF.jpg

ps3hWo6.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, emmanume said:

Houston Parks Board released this document called "Beyond the Bayous" a few years ago. The idea is that while we have a great trail system along 9 bayous, we need to connect them using rail trails, utility corridors, on-street bikeways and neighborhood streets https://houstonparksboard.org/about/beyond-the-bayous

• Extend MKT Trail Westward to Hempstead (and toward Northwest transit center)
  • Bend around the railroad junction and across I-10
  • Join Memorial Park trail adjacent to railroad
  • New Buffalo Bayou pedestrian bridge
  • Trails along utility corridor all the way to Westpark
  • Connecting to Newcastle trail south 

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 11.38.12 AM.png

Read the proposal, love the proposal. But...what is the realistic likelihood of any of it actually happening?

• Like 3

On 11/16/2022 at 7:14 PM, 004n063 said:

Read the proposal, love the proposal. But...what is the realistic likelihood of any of it actually happening?

Based on everything that's already been built in terms of bike infrastructure, there's not much more to be skeptical about. It also helps that the city leaders we have are very progressive in moving this city forward with multimodal options. 

• Like 7