Park Place | River Oaks: Mixed-Use Development At Westheimer Rd. & Mid Ln.

lockmat

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This office building sure has been quiet.  Is it just me, or is this one hell of an impressive little building?! It has major prominence on Westheimer and the combination of the glass and mullions/jewelry look truly remarkable.  I love it! Curious if a big tenant will be putting their name on top of this masterpiece.  I know times are weird in Houston office leasing, but my gut tells me we'll be seeing an impressive signage opportunity coming to fruition soon.

• Like 8

Here's an update from Stonelake Capital Partners, the people who built it... it addresses your tenant name question. I have a business relationship with them, so I reached out and asked my guy for an update:

Thank you for the nice note! We have moved in and are loving it! We are anticipating a large tenant to take the top 3 floors and ultimately have their name on top of the building. We make up a very small portion of the building. 

The lights just went up and we are adjusting them to make sure the brightness/warmth is correct. They have been pretty bright so far! Hopefully they’re not penetrating your blinds!

• Like 1

Although I really, really, really loathe the fact that this building is over 50% parking by square footage . . . they did a really good job of covering it. It's the best parking garage disguise I've ever seen honestly, I'd even say its beautiful with the hedge balconies and all. Hopefully this tower has enough parking for the next phase?

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Texasota said:

Who owns the land parallel to the tracks being used for surface parking? It would be great if that were used for additional buildings to frame this plaza/park area even more.

It appears to be either owned by, or under long-term lease or easement to, Centerpoint Energy, which makes sense given the large electricity transmission lines that run over the property.

So, we won't be seeing any buildings on those parcels.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

It appears to be either owned by, or under long-term lease or easement to, Centerpoint Energy, which makes sense given the large electricity transmission lines that run over the property.

So, we won't be seeing any buildings on those parcels.

I wish we'd see a bike path in that corridor under the powerlines from Memorial Park to maybe Richmond. 

• Like 8

The easement trails are certainly in some stage of planning. Legislation was passed to keep Centerpoint from being sued if someone gets hurt on the easements, so groundwork has been laid.

I didn't realize the utility easement was so ...wide.

In that case, turn the surface parking into park space and put buildings on the large southern lawn. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Currently, the sun sets directly behind this tower, when viewed from our condo; we're about 1/2 mile east down Westheimer. The other night, I happened to look that way as the sun was setting, and you could see the sun thru the building. It was coming thru an empty floor, like the old see-thru buildings during the recession of the 1980s. Didn't have my cell close by, will try to capture it again at some point, before the sun moves to far to the left. Very cool image!

• Like 9

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

JLL to consolidate Houston operations into single HQ in new Park Place development

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2020/12/16/jll-to-consolidate-houston-offices-into-single-hq.html

Chicago-based commercial real estate firm JLL is consolidating its entire Houston operation into a single headquarters office at 200 Park Place, a new office tower between River Oaks District and Highland Village.

The move to 200 Park Place, at 4200 Westheimer Road, will bring together JLL’s (NYSE: JLL) Houston-area employees, who have been spread across three offices in the city.

JLL will occupy 81,990 square feet on three floors of the new 15-story, 210,000-square-foot office tower. The company’s offices in the building will be connected by a three-story staircase, JLL said in a news release.

• Like 8

some dummies periodically push over the blue longhorn in the grass area including this past weekend but it was upright yesterday...

You would think they would have security guards on duty in the lobby of the new tower....but i am sure they have surveillance cameras too...maybe they can catch them that way! ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Build-out of JLL's new Houston HQ nears completion

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2021/05/24/build-out-of-jlls-new-houston-hq-nears-completion.html

The build-out of Chicago-based commercial real estate firm JLL’s (NYSE: JLL) new Houston headquarters is nearly complete, meaning that all of the company’s local employees soon will be under one roof for the first time in years.

“The design is all about collaboration,” Bellow said. “Our new offices will have a hospitality feel, so when you enter, you get the same kind of welcome that you’d find in a high-end hotel. There are plenty of places to sit down and have a conversation or places where you can go to have a meeting.”

When the build-out is complete, JLL will occupy 81,990 square feet on three floors of the new 15-story, 210,000-square-foot 200 Park Place office tower. JLL hired the Houston office of St. Louis-based HOK to design the build-out, and documents filed with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation say the project is expected to cost $8 million.

JLL’s offices at 200 Park Place will be connected by a three-story staircase, which Bellow said will help bring JLL’s employees together more efficiently.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...