JW Marriott At 806 Main St. & Expansion Into Battlestein’s - 812 Main St.

Houston19514

Here is a cool link i found. They definitely applied and it was pending in late January...

https://www.thc.texas.gov/public/upload/preserve/national_register/draft_nominations/Battelstein's NR - SBR Draft.pdf

https://www.nps.gov/subjects/nationalregister/pending-list-20191228.htm

Edited by Avossos
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to Battlesteins Redevelopment At 812 Main St.
  • 1 month later...

According to documents recently filed to the Harris County Clerk's office, the parcel where JW Marriott Hotel Downtown Houston is located has been sold. The building is also known as S.F. Carter Second National Bank Building.

Documents indicate SWVPHouston Hotel LLC  acquired the hotel property at 806 Main. SWVPHouston Hotel LLC is an entity of Southwest Value Partners, a San Diego-based real estate investment company.

A termination agreement was also filed this month between Marriott Hotel and AVR Houston 806 Main Street LLC, a JW Marriott franchisee and previous property owner of 806 Main St.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

According to documents recently filed with the Harris County Clerk's office, the Battlestein's Building at 812 Main St has been sold.

Documents indicate SWVP JW Houston LLC  acquired the property. SWVP JW Houston LLC is an entity of Southwest Value Partners, a San Diego-based real estate investment company.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 7:48 AM, editor said:

Work was underway on the adjacent, abandoned building yesterday.    I'm pretty sure I read here on HAIF that the abandoned building is going to become part of the hotel next door.

Construction workers were inside and appeared to be gutting the place.  Lots of debris.

There is always that weird smell going from the building whenever I walk by

• Like 2

Work was underway on the adjacent, abandoned building yesterday.    I'm pretty sure I read here on HAIF that the abandoned building is going to become part of the hotel next door.

Construction workers were inside and appeared to be gutting the place.  Lots of debris.

I could've sworn I read on here that the building (former Battlestein's) was sold by whoever owns the JW Marriott, but I can't seem to find the thread, so maybe I dreamt it.

• Like 1

According to documents recently filed to the Harris County Clerk's office, the parcel where JW Marriott Hotel Downtown Houston is located has been sold. The building is also known as S.F. Carter Second National Bank Building. 

Documents indicate SWVPHouston Hotel LLC  acquired the hotel property at 806 Main. SWVPHouston Hotel LLC is an entity of Southwest Value Partners, a San Diego-based real estate investment company. 

A termination agreement was also filed this month between Marriott Hotel and AVR Houston 806 Main Street LLC, a JW Marriott franchisee and previous property owner of 806 Main St.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/22874-jw-marriott-hotel-downtown-at-806-main-st/?do=findComment&comment=667033

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brooklyn173 said:

Documents indicate SWVPHouston Hotel LLC  acquired the hotel property at 806 Main. SWVPHouston Hotel LLC is an entity of Southwest Value Partners, a San Diego-based real estate investment company. 

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/22874-jw-marriott-hotel-downtown-at-806-main-st/?do=findComment&comment=667033

Thanks, I thought the adjacent building (former Battlestein's) was sold, not the actual hotel, so it wasn't owned by the hotel anymore.  But, then again, maybe I dreamt it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Brooklyn173 said:

Does this mean that it won't be a JW Marriott anymore or will the new owners keep that brand?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jhjones74 said:

Does this mean that it won't be a JW Marriott anymore or will the new owners keep that brand?

I think JW Marriott will remain at 806 Main St.

About two or three weeks ago, new owners Southwest Value Partners filed a sales tax permit for JW Marriott. I assume that means it will continue to operate as a JW Marriott.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Triton said:

Good to hear it is staying. JP Morgan has most execs and VPs from NYC and London stay at this location, and we've heard nothing but good things about it whenever someone stays there.

I've stayed here once and it's a really nice hotel.  My room had an ipad in it for guest services which didn't work.  Spoke with the front desk and they said none of them worked correctly.

• Like 2

On 12/20/2022 at 7:31 AM, BeerNut said:

I've stayed here once and it's a really nice hotel.  My room had an ipad in it for guest services which didn't work.  Spoke with the front desk and they said none of them worked correctly.

I recently stayed at the HALL Arts Hotel in Dallas and had the exact same issue!  Not sure why these 4 star hotels can't get their technology in order!

• Thanks 1

You're referring to the Battlestein's Building at 812 Main St. The property was purchased recently by Southwest Value Partners, who also acquired 806 Main St this fall.

Here is the post about it in the Battlestein's topic:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/31485-battlesteins-redevelopment-at-812-main-st

On 11/12/2022 at 2:45 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

According to documents recently filed with the Harris County Clerk's office, the Battlestein's Building at 812 Main St has been sold.

Documents indicate SWVP JW Houston LLC  acquired the property. SWVP JW Houston LLC is an entity of Southwest Value Partners, a San Diego-based real estate investment company.

Recent posts about the Battlestein's Building at 812 Main St discussed in the topic for 806 Main St:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/22874-jw-marriott-hotel-downtown-at-806-main-st

On 12/12/2022 at 9:12 PM, downtownian said:

There is always that weird smell going from the building whenever I walk by

On 12/15/2022 at 3:47 PM, rechlin said:

They are removing the old awning:

8C94LqH.jpg

On 12/15/2022 at 5:50 PM, mattyt36 said:

I could've sworn I read on here that the building (former Battlestein's) was sold by whoever owns the JW Marriott, but I can't seem to find the thread, so maybe I dreamt it.

On 12/21/2022 at 1:57 PM, editor said:

IMG_6505.jpeg

Awning is gone, and all the windows are open.  Maybe they're airing it out?  It's probably a bit rank in there.

On 12/21/2022 at 2:26 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

I love those windows. Another historical building saved! 

16 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Recent posts about the Battlestein's Building at 812 Main St discussed in an unrelated topic:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/22874-jw-marriott-hotel-downtown-at-806-main-st

So it is accurate it was sold, but so was the JW.  So good news for the JW and sorta good news for my memory!

• Like 2

Just now, mattyt36 said:

So it is accurate it was sold, but so was the JW.  So good news for the JW and sorta good news for my memory!

Correct. I don't know what's in store for the Battlestein's Building, but maybe it's this:

On 12/18/2022 at 8:42 PM, Houknew said:

I can’t reveal my sources but JW Marriott is expanding. Will also be adding a pool.

From this topic: https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/22874-jw-marriott-hotel-downtown-at-806-main-st

• Thanks 1

A plan review permit from November for the Battlesteins Building at 812 Main St.

F9Mziup.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2023 at 1:21 PM, Downtown JuJuB said:

Something is going on at the Battlestein's building.  The ground floor is opened up & bull dozers are clearing the space.  Does anyone have the scoop?!!  I believe the JW Marriott next door owns the space.

JW is expanding its hotel. Adding more rooms and a rooftop pool

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

A few days ago, Walking Houston shared the JW Marriott Downtown Houston Hotel expansion with his social media followers.

A photo of the Battlesteins Building at 812 Main St and the JW Marriott at 806 Main St are shown in an Instagram story. The caption read, "JW Marriott expansion coming soon." Following that post, was another listing what the expansion will entail:

• Additional hotel rooms 
  • More meeting spaces
  • pool 

None of the details are new to HAIF members. The expansion has been discussed in this topic and the one for JW Marriott Downtown Houston

As previously mentioned, Southwest Value Partners ( SWVP JW Houston LLC ) acquired the Battlesteins Building and JW Marriott Downtown Houston last fall.

WBNaoCI.png

DQE7g2m.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...