The Allen: Mixed-Use Development At Allen Parkway & Gillette St.

jmontrose

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, MidCenturyMoldy said:

hyper wide angle photo

I love a well formatted hyper wide angle photo. horizon is spot on, balance is spot on, really good photo. it looks like this is a 200+ degree stitched pano, but it accomplishes the same awesome results.

Edited by samagon

14 minutes ago, KinkaidAlum said:

Not sure how I got on their list but I just received a text with several things;

1) Link to article for topping out ceremony

2) 55% of units "sold"

3) Several floor plans are down to 1-2 units left

They sent it to me too. Somebody connected to the project reached out to see if they could use my pics I post on here for marketing material, I said sure use them. I've been invited for events twice.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Luminare said:

Probably a coordination hiccup. It happens.

I believe it is a balcony for the corner units on the two floors in the red ellipse. Look at the opposite end of the building on the next two floors up and you will see plywood covering an opening to the balconies on those two floors.

I noticed this yesterday when driving in the morning. if you are in the east end, or downtown you can check it out too.

head over to Leeland, if you are in downtown headed east, look in your rearview mirror. if you are just east of 59 headed west, when you are at the intersection for 59 look straight ahead and up slightly.

this building slots right in the sightline between the downtown buildings on Leeland.

Edited by samagon
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, shasta said:

Wouldn't a Cougar Paw or a Whooty Who have been more appropriate than a Hook-em IN Houston?

spacer.png

^^^ as a proud houstonian, and as a super proud TEXAS LONGHORN 4 LIFER, i can honestly assure you @shasta that the TEXAS HOOK'EM hand sign is something to behold.  (how on earth, could it not be?) astronauts, jedi, aliens, darth vaders, and all of the other extraterrestrials and extracurriculars of this huge world... already know this.  therefore, it's ok.  it's all good.  it's gravy.  it's the chizzle on the drizzle.  just raise your arm up... place your fingers into the shape of horns... and loudly yell HOOK'EM!   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1