One Montrose Place: Condominium High-Rise At 1419 Montrose Blvd.

abs1nthe

I've been curious about that too.

It looks like a several story building of some sort. There's no roof yet (spanish tile or otherwise), just a really tall steel structure. I think it's too small to be condos. Maybe an office building?

The condos (steel structure) are 1419 Montrose. (Saw some AllisonSpear signs out there this weekend)

Montrose_1419.jpg

1419 Montrose Condominiums (From Mid $200's)

Montrose : 1419 Montrose

Exicting new seven story, 34 unit, Mid rise. Construction to begin in early 2004. Complete in Spring 2005. Traditional Exterior. Hardwoods in the Living Areas. Stainless steel appliances. Carpet in bedrooms. Pre-contruction pricing. Call office for plans. Parking entrance from Columbus street. Unit has downtown views. Across from a school, which has a great jogging path, play ground and park like setting behind at Columbus and West Clay. Lots of New Construction in area.

(and I think by "West Clay," they must mean West Gray... )

• 6 months later...

Has anyone happened to notice the 8-10 story condos going up on the east side of Montrose at West Gray (a couple blocks north of Dallas)? I haven't seen any postings about it, but there are several things to like:

1. Location is appropriate, since it is a midrise on a major street

2. Extends dense housing north almost to Allen Parkway

3. The front is close to the street (even if the parking extends all the way to the back of the block)

It is not remarkable looking, but it is a great building block (pardon the pun). It should attract a much more conservative buyer than some of the other crazy stuff that has gone up in Montrose.

This is the kind of buidling design I have imagine for West Gray between Shepherd and Dunlavy. It has a lot of shopping, which I think would be really attractive to insert some dense housing into. It is actually kind of strange that no one has tried . . . other than Randall Davis, but I think he missed the market, which should be River Oaks residents who want to get rid of their yards. With just a few buildings among the shops, it would be a very interesting, 24-hour area . . .

I love this building. It is simple and not trying to hard to stand out. It currently stands out because of its size, but if more mid-rises are build it will be part of the crown and not lonely.

It is "part of building block."

The contruction progressed rather quickly.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

the more i look at this building the less i like what i see. i feel underwhelmed, if thats a word. its just so neutral and conservative, for me thats just not montrose blvd. it could of been so much more. beige blight?

i noticed a big for sale or rent by owner banner up on a balcony today, that also adds to the bad vibe im starting to get from this new construction.

dream

the more i look at this building the less i like what i see. i feel underwhelmed, if thats a word. its just so neutral and conservative, for me thats just not montrose blvd. it could of been so much more. beige blight?

i noticed a big for sale or rent by owner banner up on a balcony today, that also adds to the bad vibe im starting to get from this new construction.

dream

Did you notice the banner says "Apartment" for sale or rent......I bet that makes the other owners happy that someone is calling them apartments !!!

Did you notice the banner says "Apartment" for sale or rent......I bet that makes the other owners happy that someone is calling them apartments !!!

I noticed that banner the other day...THAT is SOOOO GHETTO!!! I feel for the other residents.

dream

:ph34r: I saw the sign hanging over the balconey too.... Sort of like the lemons painted on a condo window not far from there. Look at it now. I hope this banner is no indication of things to come. I woud love to talk to the owner so I could know the real story.

I think the interior is nice, but the ball was dropped with the exterior design. I would like to see more glass exteriors on residential, buildings sort of the type of development that occurs in Dubai. That would help us to live up to the "Space City" name :):):):):):):)

They could have surrounded it with Corrugated metal and painted it Maroon and that funiky blue/gray color

• 6 months later...

Does anyone have any idea about the new condos going in next to sherwin williams on Montrose? I'm curious as to how the building will affects the already horrible parking in the area. All guests at One Montrose pretty much have to park on that back street. Another building is just going to make it even crazier.

This is an example of why the City requires onsite parking. Personally think it would be bad to live in a place where you couldn't invite 4 or 5 people over without having to worry about parking.

I'm sure a Midtown advocate will chime in.

What makes you think that they will not have a parking garage in the lower levels of the condo?

He is saying there IS parking in the condo, but visitors to the condo have to park on the next block.

The new condo will make the parking situation worse most likely.

Archived