One Montrose Place: Condominium High-Rise At 1419 Montrose Blvd.

abs1nthe

Kinda looks like a warehouse.

Not too impress. Will wait to see what it really looks when it's built before I give it my official :angry2: or :D

Its very similar (same builder) to Jackson Hill Condos (Im not sure the exact name)...the exterior is totally different, but the interiors are the same (same finishes, different floorplans to be exact).

Its very similar (same builder) to Jackson Hill Condos (Im not sure the exact name)...the exterior is totally different, but the interiors are the same (same finishes, different floorplans to be exact).

Now I'm all confused. The developer listed in the link above (which takes you to an Urban Living website) is "A & J Development is an affiliate of Rob Johnson Interests . . ."

That is not the same guy who built Jackson Hill Condos, who is Scott ______ (something another).

So is the Urban Living link involve the same project everyone on this thread is talking about or is it some other development?

Or maybe you mean to refer to the Flats at Jackson Hill???

Now I'm all confused. The developer listed in the link above (which takes you to an Urban Living website) is "A & J Development is an affiliate of Rob Johnson Interests . . ."

That is not the same guy who built Jackson Hill Condos, who is Scott ______ (something another).

So is the Urban Living link involve the same project everyone on this thread is talking about or is it some other development?

Or maybe you mean to refer to the Flats at Jackson Hill???

Yep - I meant Flats on Jackson Hill....

• 1 month later...
I really like the development. If people ave to park down the street they have to park? Isn't that what they do in Chicago, NY, DC, Philly?

Yes, but those cities have extensive mass transit systems so not all visitors need a place for their cars. Not true in Houston, which worships the automobile.

Yes, but those cities have extensive mass transit systems so not all visitors need a place for their cars. Not true in Houston, which worships the automobile.

Even the most extensive mass transit systems do not have stations outside each and every residential building, so even in those cities, visitors to the vast majority of residences have to WALK several blocks.

• 3 weeks later...
Even the most extensive mass transit systems do not have stations outside each and every residential building, so even in those cities, visitors to the vast majority of residences have to WALK several blocks.
Yeah, well I was born and raised in NYC. Yes you still have to walk, but that city is more conducive to walking as a function of 1) weather -- Houston is typically uncomfortable to walk for long distances like we do in NYC simply as a function of the temperature and humidity and, 2) NYC and many of those other cities are much more pedestrian friendly -- they give you a reason to walk! They tried it here in Houston in Midtown (not sure of the name of the development) and seemed to have the right idea, and then right next door CVS drops a suburban style store with total disregard to the urban street environment that was begining to develop -- real shame. Washington Ave has some potential, but again, the new strip centers are designed with pedestrian unfriendly/car friendly lots in the front. One exception appears to be the one that is going to be built a few blocks east of Sheppard on Washington.

Yeah, well I was born and raised in NYC. Yes you still have to walk, but that city is more conducive to walking as a function of 1) weather -- Houston is typically uncomfortable to walk for long distances like we do in NYC simply as a function of the temperature and humidity and, 2) NYC and many of those other cities are much more pedestrian friendly -- they give you a reason to walk! They tried it here in Houston in Midtown (not sure of the name of the development) and seemed to have the right idea, and then right next door CVS drops a suburban style store with total disregard to the urban street environment that was begining to develop -- real shame. Washington Ave has some potential, but again, the new strip centers are designed with pedestrian unfriendly/car friendly lots in the front. One exception appears to be the one that is going to be built a few blocks east of Sheppard on Washington.

I'll obviously give you "pedestrian friendly" but that's sort of the point... We'll never achieve a pedestrian friendly city if we don't start constructing a few places at least some people might have to walk a block or

two to get to.

As to the weather,

Yeah, and we all know that NYC has perfect weather 24/7/365 and is never uncomfortable to walk in...right? Good grief, man/woman. No rain, snow, sleet, stiflingly hot/humid summer days when you were growing up there? You must not have been paying much attention.

• The title was changed to One Montrose Place High-Rise At 1419 Montrose Blvd.
  • The title was changed to One Montrose Place: Condominium High-Rise At 1419 Montrose Blvd.

Archived