The Allen: Mixed-Use Development At Allen Parkway & Gillette St.

jmontrose

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/10/2022 at 8:40 AM, Montrose1100 said:

That's not fair. When the Jeff Davis Hospital was completed in 1929 on this land, it was very much an "Urban" location.

Apologies to the forum for dragging this off topic. Just complaining about the suburban layouts of this development's neighbors. 

card00312_fr.jpg

GrangerFIG9_small.jpg

I was running past these pictures, and realized that the dark colored building with the smoke stacks in the upper left hand corner must be the old City incinerator that was on that site for decades. This is a great picture.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 9:47 AM, ChannelTwoNews said:

Given that they might just get rid of it anyway, I don't know if they even care that much about the current building.

Good point.  Needs to be replaced with another safe blue glass urban midrise post-architectural post-urban investment product.  Ferris Bueller's teacher:  "Hines?  Hines?  Hines?"

Edited by strickn
Gerry Hines is dead, long live Hines Interests.

On 9/10/2022 at 5:05 PM, Big E said:

I am surprised by how slow going this tower has been. It seems like the sections that weren't done five months ago...still aren't done.

Have noticed the same. And building is completely dark at night, which either used to not be the case or I am crazy. Maybe that was related to the crane.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 4:05 PM, Big E said:

I am surprised by how slow going this tower has been. It seems like the sections that weren't done five months ago...still aren't done.

https://residencesattheallen.com/the-developer/

according to that page, there's a Chinese real estate company involved. Tianqing Group.

considering the issues with Chinese mortgages right now, this may be having some impact on their ability to move at pace.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, samagon said:

https://residencesattheallen.com/the-developer/

according to that page, there's a Chinese real estate company involved. Tianqing Group.

considering the issues with Chinese mortgages right now, this may be having some impact on their ability to move at pace.

I wonder how much they are actually involved. They may just be investors, but considering what is going on in China right now, they probably aren't doing so hot.