• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

@Triton should work now

Thanks. I think this is the first plat I've seen that actually has Fulton Street now going past Leona Street. City must have secured the ROW.

Hmmm... perhaps I am wrong.

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, Triton said:

The lit up clock tower looks really amazing, especially with the city skyline in the background. I'll have to wait until my next camera comes in until I get good night shots again... Here's what I got for now:

48675135988_283934f342_h.jpg

Hardy Yards Downtown Houston at Night by Marc longoria, on Flickr

I'm loving the contrast and all the colors added to downtown's night skyline, and very visible, even from this distance.  Thanks for the cool photo !

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Kinglyam said:

This is the empty lot next to the rail? It's ANOTHER wrap apartment. This isn't leaving a lot of room for mixed use, is it?

https://nrpconstruction.com/Home/ProjectDetail/8a561061-bd04-487f-a9dd-98e788273cda

That one looks like it will butt up against Residences at Hardy Yards (separated by the access road off Leona) and run all the way to Fulton.

I don't see any GFR and there is quite a lot of ground level parking... but there's still a lot of the site left for retail and/or office, and perhaps they're waiting for the beds to fill up before starting on those components?

• Like 4

On 9/4/2019 at 2:08 PM, phillip_white said:

That one looks like it will butt up against Residences at Hardy Yards (separated by the access road off Leona) and run all the way to Fulton.

I don't see any GFR and there is quite a lot of ground level parking... but there's still a lot of the site left for retail and/or office, and perhaps they're waiting for the beds to fill up before starting on those components?

Yeah, that's my thought. Between this and the apartments they're doing closer to the light rail station, I assume they're relying on the still-strong rental market to get the population density that would be a draw for retail tenents. They're down to only the two blocks between Leona and Burnett, though. That's about what, 14 acres?

There's still a lot of retail opportunity in non-Hardy Yards property along Burnett. The old warehouse complex across Leona on Hardy is now for sale, I notice. Assuming CitiQuest doesn't snap it up for more townhomes like they've done half that area, that is!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And it's all in the process of being developed. Going to get very busy there over the next couple of years. I saw surveyors out apparently laying out the garden-style apartment complex that's going up nearest the rail line, and I saw they've put out the bids to start the foundation work on the wrap next to the Residences. Plus someone apparently just put in a replat to turn all of those blue-ish sheet-metal warehouses I mentioned a few posts ago into yet more townhomes.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Someone on /r/Houston posted about some construction has started at Hardy Yards this week.

I drive by this area every day, and I noticed last week they've chained off the area by the hardy yards apartments and they've broken ground. Does anyone know anything about what they're building there?

I'm guessing it's the Red Line apartments that were platted earlier this year? 

On 10/21/2019 at 4:02 PM, Triton said:

Really hope we get the Fulton/San Jacinto connection sooner rather than later but chances are it won't happen until the I-45 project starts in this area.

Is that actually going to happen? I just assume that anything that goes over or through a rail isn't going to happen unless there is big money involved, and that would be a city project unless it was rolled into NHHIP. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wilcal said:

Someone on /r/Houston posted about some construction has started at Hardy Yards this week.

I'm guessing it's the Red Line apartments that were platted earlier this year? 

Is that actually going to happen? I just assume that anything that goes over or through a rail isn't going to happen unless there is big money involved, and that would be a city project unless it was rolled into NHHIP. 

Yep, Red Line, the wrap apartments that Urbannizer posted back in March. 

I'm with you on the Fulton Street connection. If they did it, it would probably have to be an at-grade crossing. It's not part of the I-45 project (which I hope somehow still gets killed), and I see no sign that the City is particularly interested in it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, wilcal said:

The latest plan I had seen from the city, because they needed to coordinate with TXDOT for the I-45 realignment, was to go below grade with the Fulton connection.

It looked like it has a somewhat steep grade going down and up, similar to Navigation Blvd rising up/coming down under Commerce St. In the last meeting I attended, the issue that they faced was that Fulton would also travel below the northside (west bound) feeder so they were trying to figure out how they could have at-grade ramps going to and coming from the northside feeder over to Fulton with the ROW that is there. 

Based on the last meeting, this connection is definitely presenting some challenges.

45project.PNG

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Triton said:

The latest plan I had seen from the city, because they needed to coordinate with TXDOT for the I-45 realignment, was to go below grade with the Fulton connection.

It looked like it has a somewhat steep grade going down and up, similar to Navigation Blvd rising up/coming down under Commerce St. In the last meeting I attended, the issue that they faced was that Fulton would also travel below the northside (west bound) feeder so they were trying to figure out how they could have at-grade ramps going to and coming from the northside feeder over to Fulton with the ROW that is there. 

Based on the last meeting, this connection is definitely presenting some challenges.

Yeah, ouch. 

Also, wow @ the highway expanding all of the way to the railroad tracks. That's like 3X wider than it is currently right there. Really gives some scale.