I just did my semi-random web search for information related to this development, and found this notice in the agenda for the Commissioner's Court, for a meeting that happened last night (October 11):

"To consider matters relating to the case of Harris County v. CR V Hardy Yards, LP, and upon completion thereof to take further action as appropriate, including possible settlement."

I can't find any reference to this case otherwise. All I can tell is it's the same company name under which the MSD was obtained, but the MSD doesn't involve Harris County. Anyone know what agreements were between those two entities that might result in a lawsuit? 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Kinglyam said:

I just did my semi-random web search for information related to this development, and found this notice in the agenda for the Commissioner's Court, for a meeting that happened last night (October 11):

"To consider matters relating to the case of Harris County v. CR V Hardy Yards, LP, and upon completion thereof to take further action as appropriate, including possible settlement."

I can't find any reference to this case otherwise. All I can tell is it's the same company name under which the MSD was obtained, but the MSD doesn't involve Harris County. Anyone know what agreements were between those two entities that might result in a lawsuit? 

It's a condemnation proceeding, related to the Hardy Toll Road Extension. The cause number is 2016-13877. See attached PDF for details.

Harris County v CR V Hardy Yards.pdf

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Heights007 said:

It's a condemnation proceeding, related to the Hardy Toll Road Extension. The cause number is 2016-13877. See attached PDF for details.

Harris County v CR V Hardy Yards.pdf

Oh wow. So it looks like the Hardy Tollroad Extension will affect the new warehouse being built on that property. 

Edit: Attached ramps that will affect it.

hardyyards.JPG

5 minutes ago, Triton said:

Oh wow. So it looks like the Hardy Tollroad Extension will affect the new warehouse being built on that property. 

I don't think so. If you look at the current Google Earth aerial, you'll see they seem to have already accounted for that. It crosses the corner at Brooks and Maury, which is the block they're using for laydown. The laydown yard has the northwest corner of the block left alone, which lines up right with the ROW in the condemnation document. I'm pretty sure the new building is east of that. HCAD says that little corner is CRV, but the rest of it is Kurtz Development.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kinglyam said:

I don't think so. If you look at the current Google Earth aerial, you'll see they seem to have already accounted for that. It crosses the corner at Brooks and Maury, which is the block they're using for laydown. The laydown yard has the northwest corner of the block left alone, which lines up right with the ROW in the condemnation document. I'm pretty sure the new building is east of that. HCAD says that little corner is CRV, but the rest of it is Kurtz Development.

I see it now. Well that's good. But the lawsuit has to do with something in this immediate vicinity right?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Triton said:

Edit: Attached ramps that will affect it.

hardyyards.JPG

Sad to say that's not too surprising. There was another topic where Toddle House was discussed near the intersection of Murphy Road and US-90. It was neither torn down for Jack in the Box nor the overpass...there was an incredibly short-lived building that was built at the tail-end of 2003 and completed in early 2004 (if it all) but totally torn down by spring 2005.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On a non-Residences note, was anyone else aware of the upgrades they've apparently proposed to do to the Burnett TC at the other end? I just came across these construction drawings (PDF) from February 2016, where they're putting in an escalator and canopy over the existing stairs. With the Hardy Yards being bracketed with development, maybe someone will FINALLY start doing something mixed use? Pretty please?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kinglyam said:

On a non-Residences note, was anyone else aware of the upgrades they've apparently proposed to do to the Burnett TC at the other end? I just came across these construction drawings (PDF) from February 2016, where they're putting in an escalator and canopy over the existing stairs. With the Hardy Yards being bracketed with development, maybe someone will FINALLY start doing something mixed use? Pretty please?

I get an error trying to access that link.

Reading the plans more, the canopy will extend both over the new escalator and some of the upper platform - but not extend to the station platforms.  I guess because they don't want the canopy that tall or something, but you'll get wet walking to the train

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cspwal said:

Reading the plans more, the canopy will extend both over the new escalator and some of the upper platform - but not extend to the station platforms.  I guess because they don't want the canopy that tall or something, but you'll get wet walking to the train

You'd have to put it over the electric lines to get there, and they probably don't want to have to shut down the train service to get it put up. But at least all those kids running up and down the stairs for fitness can do it in any weather, now.

• Like 1

I'll reach out to METRO to see if this is still happening. Doesn't look good though because in June 2017 there was a reallocation of $200,000 from the escalator project to replace a bus washing system. https://www.ridemetro.org/MetroPDFs/FinancialAuditInformation/MonthlyFinancialReports/2017/06_Reports/0617_Performance-Report.pdf#search=escalator burnett

Later on though in the 2018 METRO business plan and budget, the project is listed as a potentially-funded project, among which projects "will be selected by the METRO Capital Budget Review (CBR) committee, prioritized and recommended to move forward for METRO Board approval to advance the projects from their conceptual/ developmental design phase into active capital project status."

https://www.ridemetro.org/MetroPDFs/FinancialAuditInformation/Budgets/FY18-Business-Plan-and-Budget.pdf#search=escalator burnett

Not sure where we're at right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

No, it's probably the last thing they're going to do. That's not a very good picture, because it blocks the view. You can see the framework going up near the driveway off Leona near Chapman. It's only about 3 stories high so far. I seem to recall seeing that it's supposed to be near 100 feet.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...