Central Square At 2100 Travis St.

WestGrayGuy

One man's eyesore is another's vision of beauty.. I think it has character. I think the space is ripe for a hotel or a mixed-use development and residence.

I agree, I love the new look of Central Square, but was always intrigued by the old version.

In a weird way I appreciate a little bit of urban blight in a few locations. Makes a downtown feel lived in. Too much sterility is boring.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Promotional marketing agency Jack Nadel International signed a new 5k SF office lease at 2100 Travis St. JLL’s Chad Baker and Matt Sanderson repped the tenant, and Transwestern’s David Baker and Evelyn Ward represented the landlord, Midtown Central Square. 

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/deal-sheet/this-weeks-houston-deal-sheet-58940?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

http://powersbrown.com/news/the-houston-office-has-moved/

Powers Brown Architecture Houston office has moved to its new location at 2100 Travis St, Suite 501.  The firm has moved from its original location at the Historic Great Southwest Building in Downtown Houston to the recently renovated building in midtown.

• Like 1

Another 5,100-square-foot spot is in the works in Midtown in the Central Square office redevelopment at 2100 Travis, according to the Weitzman Group.

The locations, which will have a lifelike replica of an acacia tree, which symbolizes life and nourishment, and a central stone oven as a focal point, are planned to open later this year.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Real-estate-transactions-7407956.php 

http://www.malawispizza.com/

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Good question, Purdue.  I drove past this building last weekend and was shocked to see the rusty clock still on top.  It also appears as though the building is still vacant.  Can anyone confirm?  Transwestern had plans to turn this into a tech hub, but I don't see any sign of that.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gator Purify said:

Good question, Purdue.  I drove past this building last weekend and was shocked to see the rusty clock still on top.  It also appears as though the building is still vacant.  Can anyone confirm?  Transwestern had plans to turn this into a tech hub, but I don't see any sign of that.

I hope they keep the clock. It could be really unique if they fixed it up.

2 hours ago, Gator Purify said:

I can't confirm leases. But, I have asked the same question in this thread a couple of times.  My gut tells me that the leasing is going slowly.  I think that they announced a design firm or something had leased some space but that is all I know of.

• Like 1

Transwestern closed two deals at Central Square in Midtown. AvidXchange, repped by Drew Morris with Savills Studley, signed a 5k SF lease. Swearingen's Jim Buddrus helped Moroch Holdings secure a 5.3k SF lease.

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/deal-sheet/this-weeks-houston-deal-sheet-64794?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

I seem to recall that a prior lease was about 5k sqft too.  I am wondering if small tenants are part of the plan for this building or if the landlord is just being more opportunistic?

I really didn't expect this to fill up overnight in this current market and any one who really thought it would hasn't been paying attention to the 

talk of all of the subleasing going on downtown with all the repositioning of many of the oil giants. Give them time and it will fill. Its too well located and well done to not.

Hopefully they have deep pockets and can survive this market. Aren't they also the group  that's working on the eyesore (Daze Inn), redevelopment in downtown?

1 hour ago, bobruss said:

I really didn't expect this to fill up overnight in this current market and any one who really thought it would hasn't been paying attention to the 

talk of all of the subleasing going on downtown with all the repositioning of many of the oil giants. Give them time and it will fill. Its too well located and well done to not.

Hopefully they have deep pockets and can survive this market. Aren't they also the group  that's working on the eyesore (Daze Inn), redevelopment in downtown?

I highly doubt the same group is working on this project. The days inn group is mostly hoteliers. 

On 9/9/2016 at 8:50 AM, rechlin said:

Definitely not vacant.  I remember when I went by it a week or so, it looked like one of the middle floors was occupied.  Can't remember what I saw, though (desks or other furniture or whatever, I don't remember).  But it is mostly vacant.

Yep, can confirm, I drove by it last night around 10 PM on the way to airport. looks like the 6th floor was occupied. All the lights were on as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Unfortunately it has several broken windows again, as of last month. The outer panes appear to have been since removed to stop the glass shards from falling (inner panes weren't broken), but I wonder how long it will take them to replace them.  It's too bad that the building was so beautifully renovated (sans repainting the sign) but is now being neglected.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...