GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

yeah, I still can't bring myself to say that phrase.

It's like the E word.... The E word and the East End are two completely different areas, but I still can't say the E word because it's dumb.  :)

(the E word is the northern Third Ward and the southern part of the Second Ward on the west side of the railroad tracks)

• Like 1

Rip up for rebuilding, or for closure?

Rebuilding

There will be significant traffic and pedestrian impacts over the next year on Dallas from a block or two west of main to about Caroline. It will be done in three phases as I recall.

The purpose is to reconfigure Dallas street to be a more favorable urban shopping district.

Edited by UtterlyUrban
  • Like 3

supposedly on the 19th of January, the city is going to rip up Dallas St near the Pavilions

It's happening. All Metro bus routes that used Dallas St were rerouted to Clay St starting today. Disturbed my usual commute ...but at least its favor of progress.

• Like 1

It really needs to be some sort of anchor store like Target.  That would be a big draw, and grab shoppers from Midtown and Montrose.  

And DOWNTOWN HOUSTON NEEDS A BUC-EE'S!!!  It doesn't even have to sell gas... just have the deli and the knick knacks.  Tourists would eat it UP!!!!  

• Like 1

So have they tore this up yet?

No. When I left the office yesterday, there was not yet any noticeable movement on site.

EDIT: No movement on site this morning either. Sky bridges still open. See my Twitter for pic.

Edited by tigereye