Lyric Center Building & Market At 440 Louisiana St.

Guest gcbrewer2

• 4 weeks later...

It just goes to show you there are solutions to parking garages and podiums. 

All it takes is a developer or owner who cares and an architect who knows what he's doing!

Sure it cost more money but you get what you pay for and when it comes to our downtown we should demand better.

Good job Lyric center for showing others the way.

Hey Houston Central, Downtown District and Houston First,

TAKE NOTICE!

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Triton said:

I've checked the links. They all redirected me to Flickr.

Yeah, it's flickr's website saying that  they are adult links and you must be logged in to view  them.

Try opening in an incognito window. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wilcal said:

Yeah, it's flickr's website saying that  they are adult links and you must be logged in to view  them.

Try opening in an incognito window. 

I checked it in incognito too and there's no issue (see picture). I don't know, this might be a phishing attempt to get your Yahoo credentials...maybe run a scan of your system?

flickrNoIssue.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So is the intent of this garage to double up as parking for employees by day and diners by night?

Why don't residential towers do this (have extra parking for non-residents/shoppers)? To me, and clearly I'm not a savvy developer, but it could give more justification to include GFR if they wanted to add it, essentially increasing the amount of potential customers.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lockmat said:

Why don't residential towers do this (have extra parking for non-residents/shoppers)? To me, and clearly I'm not a savvy developer, but it could give more justification to include GFR if they wanted to add it, essentially increasing the amount of potential customers.

Some residential towers do do this.  For example, One Park Place has parking for Phoenicia shoppers, and The Star leases out contract parking to non-residents.

• Like 1

The lighting looks even better in person than it does in the photos.  It's really turned out well - now if we can just somehow persuade the owners of the Giant Blank Wall O' Concrete (the new garage on Milam at Franklin) to do something like it...

• Like 1

Giant Blank Wall O'Concrete building also tried to add to the two non blank sides by putting up metal trellises for vines, then never planted vines.  It will always amaze me that somebody in our planning department saw the blank walls and said, "Yep, looks great!"

On 7/26/2018 at 3:44 PM, lockmat said:

So is the intent of this garage to double up as parking for employees by day and diners by night?

I thought there was going to be a food hall/court at ground level? 

• Like 1