Buffalo Heights District: Mixed-Use Development At 100 Waugh Dr.

Ross

1 hour ago, Ross said:

Did you mean raised, as in higher in the air, or razed as in demolished? (yes, I'm being a grammar pedant today)

I did mean razed, good catch :)

But at the same time I wouldn't hate to see some vertical development as well. Washington has so much potential and I'd like to see it realized.  Buffalo Heights could be the catalyst as well as the 1818 Washington development.

Edited by Visitor
Add

16 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

Yeah lets get rid of what makes Washington desirable so we can have more giant apartment blocks. 

That ship sailed long ago, when Washington was transformed from the live music corridor of Houston to a Disneyland for the doucherati. 

On 7/27/2018 at 7:09 PM, Visitor said:

Personally I'd love to see that heights/Washington quadrant completely redeveloped. Porch swing/car wash/cafe luxor/smoke shop/jblacks(new bbq spot)/enterprise/old cash advance & dry cleaner all razed.

Do we know anything about the "New BBQ Spot" ? Name? Lots of work going on at the old J Blacks...

• 4 weeks later...

They are all owned by the same group, and I believe these are lumped together as it seems this is the longer term vision for Buffalo Heights. 

As an aside, Buffalo Heights is sort of on Waugh since Heights turns into Waugh basically at 100 Waugh.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Naviguessor said:

Sorry. Couldn't resist. 

When a building, under construction, reaches it full height, or the last piece of structural steel is set in place, a tree is often put on the hiegest most point to mark the occasion.  

Ha, without being "in the industry" there is a minimal chance I'd know of that ritual. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Potential tenants coming to Buffalo Heights: 

Chipotle

Zara

H&M

http://buffaloheights.sdcopartners.com/directory/

Are these phase 2? I dont recall retail space in this initial phase?

As I looked through the site more, they appear to show images of 100 Waugh.  Further supports my thought this entire area will be more cohesively developed and dubbed Buffalo Heights. 

Edited by Visitor
Add

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...