Buffalo Heights District: Mixed-Use Development At 100 Waugh Dr.

Ross

I see some light blue retail on the ground floor of the north-easternmost building. I do like how it all connects to the street grid. New signals better be added as density increases around here or traffic is going to be a monster. I believe street reconstruction begins sometime in the next 6-12 months on all those neighborhood streets connecting to the north.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skooljunkie said:

I see some light blue retail on the ground floor of the north-easternmost building. I do like how it all connects to the street grid. New signals better be added as density increases around here or traffic is going to be a monster. I believe street reconstruction begins sometime in the next 6-12 months on all those neighborhood streets connecting to the north.

To the north of what? Any specifics on the streets?

1 hour ago, hindesky said:

It appears the HEB entrance might be on S. Heights.

Zz9M1eg.jpg

This is the site work at the North Bank site.

XHxj3V9.jpg

I think that is the apartment entrance?

People on NextDoor are saying that work at the NorthBank site is just a parking lot per the construction workers. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Which construction workers?

The ones over at the NorthBank site.  Said something about regrading the lot and building a retaining wall. 

Edited by Visitor
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

Is the newest portion of Archstone Memorial Heights the next to be redeveloped? Subdivision plat filed.

SubdivisionPlatPDF_BG3566.pdf 539.38 kB · 0 downloads

qxjmva.png

they just did a ton of work on this (new) building... they took off all stucco and redid windows and siding. I doubt we see anything happen here.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Avossos said:

they just did a ton of work on this (new) building... they took off all stucco and redid windows and siding. I doubt we see anything happen here.

Maybe they just want to replat this with the rest of their developments as one combined reserve?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Buffalo Heights District 9 3663 Washington Ave,  Houston) has been busy this week on Facebook and Instagram. They've been posting more updates than they have since news broke of this project.

An updated rendering was upload showing signage for The Roastery, the all day cafe partnered with H-E-B, and the signage for the residential apartments St. Andrie.  Both of these have been known for over a year, but neither of these were in the other renderings of the phase 1.

ixo6qye.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/buffaloheightsdistrict/photos/a.804013336428640/1309922669171035

There were also renderings of a unit at St Andrie uploaded, but they're the same that's in the gallery on St Andrie's website (link of the gallery was shared last year in the above posts)

But there is this update that seem like this is staying on track to open in late 2019 as posted to St. Andrie's website last fall:

Keep your eyes and ears open! We're close to announcing the kickoff for pre-leasing at St. Andrie.

https://www.facebook.com/buffaloheightsdistrict/posts/1309964969166805 

Updated the Map with the address, official building name, and added MaRS Studios to "Architect:".

So are they going to be naming all of their buildings after saints? That would be fun.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 6:53 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

MaRS Studios is an interior design firm. Ziegler Cooper is the architect of record.

Always good to give credit where its due if it can be found. I already have ZC as architect and then anyone else thats involved whether interior design, landscaping etc... I'll just "+" then that name. Still considering if thats the best approach, but we'll see.

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to 100 Waugh Being Redeveloped to Buffalo Heights District
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, hindesky said:

I would like to think HEB wants this opened before the big money making week before Thanksgiving, it's starting to look like they might make it.

iEt8z8F.jpg

6X39NTS.jpg

HRMqgjq.jpg

U7OLu2j.jpg

As HEB marches its way towards Downtown, it stops at 100 Waugh. Encompassing a great urban grocer concept, and a key location inside inner loop Houston. I would say this development might foreshadow what an HEB in Downtown is going to look like, well at-least the apartments on top of a grocery store concept. Feel like HEB might be planning something in the core 🤔

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...