Buffalo Heights District: Mixed-Use Development At 100 Waugh Dr.

Ross

On 6/17/2020 at 2:19 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is happening faster than I thought!!!!!!! Mayor Turner called us "Silicon Bayou" I like the ring of that

Actually, it took way too long. Too many of these West Coasters seem to think all the Texas tech savvy resides in Austin or Dallas. They need an education...

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Buffalo Heights District: 100 Waugh Dr.

I noticed a few new permits from last week. For the next sections perhaps? 2B, 2C are listed as well as a mystery entry. Based on the address its located between 2B/2C and the H-E-B building.

WW Utility Admin
*2C
3485 WASHINGTON AVE 77007
WATER/WASTE WATER APPLICATION (00043842) REVIEW
WT
WW Utility Admin
*2B
3495 WASHINGTON AVE 77007
WATER/WASTE WATER APPLICATION (00043841) REVIEW
WT
WW Utility Admin
3505 WASHINGTON AVE 77007
WATER/WASTE WATER APPLICATION (00043801) REVIEW
WT
  • Like 4

• 8 months later...

Has anyone else noticed that Cushman & Wakefield is actively trying to lease out Phase II?  States Class A office space 260,000 SF.  This might make sense with the utility connections being installed along with the road work taking  place

Edited by JR3985
Added More content
  • Like 7

24 minutes ago, JR3985 said:

Has anyone else noticed that Cushman & Wakefield is actively trying to lease out Phase II?  States Class A office space 260,000 SF.  This might make sense with the utility connections being installed along with the road work taking  place

I was wondering if anyone new anymore info about this project. I was thinking of moving from the 3rd floor courtyard view to the 4th floor downtown view in the Arlo apartments. I don't really wanna deal with construction noises though. Their website says 2025 as year built. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Buffalo Heights District: Mixed-Use Development At 100 Waugh Dr.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, por favor gracias said:

That "master plan model" looks like a "value engineered" Energy Corridor project.

I think that's the master plan for the property across Waugh (I don't think we've seen a plan for that before). Based on the address and property shape this doesn't look like the future main portion of Buffalo Heights (The Memorial Trails property).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Russell Gordy launches BKR Real Estate Management with Midway alums - Houston Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

On the potential of demolishing Memorial Heights for Phase II - in time, but not yet...

“It’s a good asset for the family, and they want to be sure that whatever they do there is done right,” McLaughlin said. “At one point, they considered putting an office building there. But they decided the office market wasn’t where they wanted it to be for that kind of project. So, they’re happy to be patient until they can really unlock the property’s value.”

• Like 7

3 hours ago, ChannelTwoNews said:

Russell Gordy launches BKR Real Estate Management with Midway alums - Houston Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

On the potential of demolishing Memorial Heights for Phase II - in time, but not yet...

“It’s a good asset for the family, and they want to be sure that whatever they do there is done right,” McLaughlin said. “At one point, they considered putting an office building there. But they decided the office market wasn’t where they wanted it to be for that kind of project. So, they’re happy to be patient until they can really unlock the property’s value.”

"Gordy said the company’s next development project likely will be on a 6-acre parcel the family owns next to the office building at 100 Waugh Drive.

“At the original site, we had plans to build three high-rise office buildings, a hotel and a green space,” Gordy said. “I think that will all happen one day. It’s just a matter of seeing what happens in the world of offices. We had plans to do something as recently as six months ago, so we have some ideas for what we want to do. But the costs are still out of sync with the return.”

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Does this mean soil testing leading to them building something? That'd be a very exciting development. It's too bad that the "Fleur-De-Waugh" right next to this location is one of the biggest wastes of land in Houston. It's extremely prime property for another park, or an addition to Buffalo Bayou Park/Spotts Park.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bookey23 said:

Does this mean soil testing leading to them building something? That'd be a very exciting development. It's too bad that the "Fleur-De-Waugh" right next to this location is one of the biggest wastes of land in Houston. It's extremely prime property for another park, or an addition to Buffalo Bayou Park/Spotts Park.

And with Whitmire running the show the chances of it going away any time soon is slim. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, j_cuevas713 said:

And with Whitmire running the show the chances of it going away any time soon is slim. 

So true. One of the "potential project" things for the City of Houston includes "removal of the Waugh offramps", so the idea is out there. But as you said, won't happen under Whitmire.

• Like 3