River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd. & 4702 Westheimer Rd.

Went by to grab some coffee and found out they close their coffee shop at 4pm. I got there at 410. Sad day. I was however able to snap a few pictures of the area.

2 Pictures of from Equinox (one outside and one of the lobby. Others are of the complex.

post-14507-0-96345600-1447645707_thumb.j

post-14507-0-59814900-1447645729_thumb.j

post-14507-0-96559200-1447645752_thumb.j

post-14507-0-63847900-1447645772_thumb.j

post-14507-0-02668000-1447645699_thumb.j

Edit: Obviously a noob at posting pictures. Is there a way to change the angle of the pictures? I downloaded them to google pictures but the site wouldn't let me post those pictures.

post-14507-0-30698000-1447645788_thumb.j

Edited by dml423
  • Like 5

A coffee shop that closes at 4? Guess they're not trying to catch the River Oaks/Uptown High School crowd. Interesting..

^^^ actually, i think that this particular coffee shop shall be only temporary until the proposed coffee / restaurants / shops are completed....

Oh really? So it's not all open yet? Huh

^^^ oh no way my good buddy.  please reference the linky... http://www.riveroaksdistrict.com/.  there are still many merchants that are still awaiting openings to date.  apparently ALL of the restaurants / coffee establishments, are still under construction as we speak....

• Like 1

Re: "The Coffee Shop"   This is a temporary coffee bar, opened the 1st week of November, tucked beneath the escalator to the Garage next to Hermes.   A full list of coffees of all kinds, I was told by the barrista (nice youngster who came from The Nook at UH), that coffees are free to visitors for 2 months (ie, through the holidays) courtesy of Oliver McMillan.  The little space will then become headquarters for the valet parking personnel. 

Blue Planet appeared hours or days from opening, and also the first restaurant is also getting very close (the Viet-French one beneath Equinox near the front.  I was told by a rep that most of the very high end restaurants will have Westheimer frontage, while the more reasonable will be along Bettis and nearer to the iPic.

The garage entrance off Westheimer now has a 'scoreboard' type thing to give visitors a heads up as to which floors have open parking spaces.  And landscaping along Bettis is moving slowly toward completion.  Wow!  ROD is amazing!

• Like 5

iPic is suing AMC and Regal.  Looks like iPic was surprised with some provisions that the large chains had with some movie studios that prevent one theater from playing the same movie at the same time in the Houston market.  Anyone notice if iPic has been missing any major movies?

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/retail/article/Boutique-cinema-chain-takes-on-major-competitors-6639599.php?t=dc5dc8406e438d9cbb

I have definitely noticed it with iPic but I assumed it was because they were starting slow. For mock they were playing classics, then first week of charity donation opening they were playing the hits from the last year, leading up to the big opening of Spectre.

For Sundance, I thought they had a variety of mainstream large distribution movies and independent ones as well. Now I'm wondering the same, were they forced in to this? There are no major AMCs or Regals really close by but you never know. Also they have been bought out by Carmike so that may chance their approach as well.

Will be interesting to see what comes out of this, from based on what limited information we have I'm rooting for iPic!

• Like 1

I have definitely noticed it with iPic but I assumed it was because they were starting slow. For mock they were playing classics, then first week of charity donation opening they were playing the hits from the last year, leading up to the big opening of Spectre.

For Sundance, I thought they had a variety of mainstream large distribution movies and independent ones as well. Now I'm wondering the same, were they forced in to this? There are no major AMCs or Regals really close by but you never know. Also they have been bought out by Carmike so that may chance their approach as well.

Will be interesting to see what comes out of this, from based on what limited information we have I'm rooting for iPic!

Greenway Plaza.

Edit: Sorry, it's an Edwards.

Edited by Montrose1100

Apparently iPic will have Star Wars and Mockingjay and Edwards Greenway will not...that doesnt seem like a smart move Regal...

There's something really wrong with Edwards Greenway recently... anyone know? It didn't even have Spectre. Ended up going to Cinemark at Memorial City instead.