River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd. & 4702 Westheimer Rd.

Hey, Monarch,

I admire a person (especially of our male persuasion) who can express his feelings openly.  And I understand your love for ROD.  I too am infatuated.  Thanks for all the cool pics you provide for us.  Wondering if Santa Claus is now going to appear at ROD?!!  

Looking forward to seeing StarWars at iPic in a couple of weeks, and hoping Le Colonial (or one of the restaurants!) opens soooon, so that I can finally dine at ROD (other than the Tuck Room, which is ok).

• Like 1

Hey, Monarch,

I admire a person (especially of our male persuasion) who can express his feelings openly.  And I understand your love for ROD.  I too am infatuated.  Thanks for all the cool pics you provide for us.  Wondering if Santa Claus is now going to appear at ROD?!!  

Looking forward to seeing StarWars at iPic in a couple of weeks, and hoping Le Colonial (or one of the restaurants!) opens soooon, so that I can finally dine at ROD (other than the Tuck Room, which is ok).

^^^ thanks my cool pal imagoman.. for your kind and thoughtful accolades.  i guess that i have so longed for such a special place like ROD to come to our wonderful fair city, that i am just beside myself that is finally here.  this place makes me happy....  

Just spoke with a friend who joined.  She worked out today, and there was no hot water in the showers after the first 2 minutes.  And she ABSOLUTELY HATES cold showers!  She sounded like she is still one wet hen.  "For $160 a month, you would think the freakin' water would be hot!"  lol

She also said, "It is very pretty, though they are really pushing the Personal Training services.  I was told they set a company record in sales with over 1900 members under contract as of yesterday."   I'd rather go to 24 Hours for $25 a month.  At least I can swim there.  And there a jillion clubs all over the country I can use.  But that is just me.

• Like 1

Any of you who have shopped or visited the ROD, did you notice whether they have any dessert or confectionary shops? For folks with a sweet tooth.

^^^ all proposed / prospective restaurants, are currently under construction as we speak.  any forthcoming "sweets" / "confectionary" establishments.. are yet unknown at this time.  please reference http://www.riveroaksdistrict.com for any and all up to date ROD news....

Edited by monarch

So far, the closest thing seems to be the Taverna Coffee shop which is shown here at the bottom middle facing westheimer:

http://www.riveroaksdistrict.com/shops/directory

but i am surprised a dessert or candy shop has not been added, although there is certainly room for one...crossing fingers for something awesome or that Taverna Coffee has some great pastry selections etc...

which by the way, anyone looking for the best gingerbread cookies ever, go to Crave Cupcakes! Houston Press just named them the best gingerbread cookie in houston and they would be correct! (super soft and great ginger flavor and decorated perfectly) !!! 

Edited by gene
  • Like 2