River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd. & 4702 Westheimer Rd.

There's something really wrong with Edwards Greenway recently... anyone know? It didn't even have Spectre. Ended up going to Cinemark at Memorial City instead.

It's also because of this boycott.  Spectre is playing at iPic so Regal is refusing to show it at Edwards Greenway, they won't have Star Wars and don't have Mockingjay or Peanuts, either. Presumably they won't have Creed or Legend next weekend either.

Edited by JJxvi

It's also because of this boycott. Spectre is playing at iPic so Regal is refusing to show it at Edwards Greenway, they won't have Star Wars and don't have Mockingjay or Peanuts, either. Presumably they won't have Creed or Legend next weekend either.

Sounds really dumb

• Like 1

well then, in my opinion iPic IS winning! haha! and wow iPic i do believe is doing pretty well for itself...every showing of every movie seems to eventually sell out in the premium plus seating lately...me and a buddy have been trying to see Spectre there since it came out and each time when we finally can make a time work, it is then sold out! (and i do believe it was or is playing on multiple screens there...like 2 or 3!) looks like our plans to see it this weekend have turned into a Sunday showing...

It's also because of this boycott.  Spectre is playing at iPic so Regal is refusing to show it at Edwards Greenway, they won't have Star Wars and don't have Mockingjay or Peanuts, either. Presumably they won't have Creed or Legend next weekend either.

Then what the hail are they gonna show?  A bunch of indie films and Big Momma's House 5??

• Like 1

iPic may appear to be winning now but it won't last. Why would a distributor care about one theater when the bottom line is at stake? They may have called Regal's bluff (which was not a bluff it appears) this time but will they continue to do so? I assume Regal would pay more for the rights than iPic - not sure if its based on numbers of seats or screens or tickets sold but iPic couldn't compete with Regal on any quantity measure i would think. So will distributors give in at some point? Those are some big movies. I can't imagine Edwards not getting Star Wars... We'll see what happens.

And to reiterate I am rooting for iPic!

• Like 1

Equinox costs somewhere in the area of $150 per month, plus membership fee although it was waived for most of the summer (haven't checked in a long time).  I was going to join in July but wanted to negotiate some extra free guest passes first, for my adult kids who visit 3-4 weekends each year.  I made an appointment with the Manager (sales, and the entire facility), Christopher Grys for 9 am one day.  I arrived a few minutes early, and the young salesperson was polite and offered water.  About 10 minutes later, he said "let me phone Mr. Grys...and find out where he is," and I thanked him.  He is speaking to Grys, and conveying Grys' "my sincere apologies, this  is not my MO, and please leave your office address with my guy, and I'll phone you to set up a meeting at your office."  I said thank you.

I have never heard from him.  And I never heard from him despite returning a week later to confront him (he wasn't in), and telling two young sales women what had happened.  They just looked at me with looks going from blank stare to 'oh, I'm sorry."   I sent a certified letter to the owner, and never heard anything, not even "we're very sorry," much less "and how can we make it up to you."  My friends in LA say that during their time as members in Equinox, it was just a meat market with poor customer service, although some serious pro athletes and actors frequented their club.

Sounds like a great place for a boy or a girl, but I won't be joining.  I'll keep my membership at a gym that (they all have some personnel issues occasionally) is very fine although I'll drive a bit further.  More of the mature folks, men and women, that are there for fitness and health vs. the trust fund babies, TV "personalities," and other boys and girls that Equinox attracts.

I saw Spectre yesterday...wow, as good a Bond film as ever, and the upper Tuck has a magnificent outdoor view of ROD.  Check it out.  I also found a ROD employee handing out brochures with a site map, showing all the stores and restaurant locations.  Enjoy, amigos (and amigas)!

• Like 2

I went to ROD yesterday with a buddy for a quick photoshoot, then dinner and the movie Spectre and noticed that COS (Collection Of Style) looks almost completed interior wise so i am guessing they will be bringing in the merchandise any day now and opening in the next week or two! Pretty excited about this H&M own branded store originally from Sweden...something i can afford for sure...finally! whooohooooo! 

• Like 1

Monarch it's like you traveled the world luxuriously over the years, but there was no where for you here to feel at home back in HTX. Many have praised your comments and elequant writing style, I for one hope you are living in a storefront in the Rover Oaks District. Next to Hermes, with all black monogrammed leather walls , looking like a upscale storefront would be shoppers are greatest by an English bellman in a 5 piece suit who promptly tells them this is a private residence of Monarch who is traveling in Dubai. Please scurry on.....

Snap River*** too many drinks

• Like 2

I don't see the excitement, many of these stores are barely larger than the existing shop-in-shops in the galleria lol. I'm sure if you ask the manager this Van Cleef has to be the smallest store in the USA period. You all should see the one they just opened in Miami. That's a real store, Houston was totally shorted on this project.I feel many of these are doing the bare minimum to have a brand presence but to each their own. It's not like its fun to buy nice things in you own city anyways lol. 

Monarch it's like you traveled the world luxuriously over the years, but there was no where for you here to feel at home back in HTX. Many have praised your comments and elequant writing style, I for one hope you are living in a storefront in the Rover Oaks District. Next to Hermes, with all black monogrammed leather walls , looking like a upscale storefront would be shoppers are greatest by an English bellman in a 5 piece suit who promptly tells them this is a private residence of Monarch who is traveling in Dubai. Please scurry on.....

Snap River*** too many drinks

Hat-straw-derby-icon.png

^^^ don't worry old chap... i do indeed love our beautiful houston, as well as it many upscale retail establishments.  however, we are now experiencing a certain international upscale retail renaissance 

that is seemingly unimaginable.. around these parts of the great USA.

once i arrive home from work within the middle east, i shall be like a little kid in a FAO Schwartz.

it's all good, and it's going to be magical....

• Like 5

I don't see the excitement, many of these stores are barely larger than the existing shop-in-shops in the galleria lol. I'm sure if you ask the manager this Van Cleef has to be the smallest store in the USA period. You all should see the one they just opened in Miami. That's a real store, Houston was totally shorted on this project.I feel many of these are doing the bare minimum to have a brand presence but to each their own. It's not like its fun to buy nice things in you own city anyways lol. 

8rayban.png

^^^ sorry old chap, but i shall just keep on wearing my ROSE COLORED AVIATORS.  peace!

Edited by monarch
  • Like 7

Something really weird I've noticed with ROD in the first month of business.  It has a unique, state-of-the-art parking garage --- very easy to drive up and down, in and out, with nice, ample elevators (and escalators).  Yet people park on Bettis street in the back, or even pay for parking meters, including in the cold drizzly weather.  Amazing how different folks thing so differently, and yet watching the recent pbs series, The Brain, I can understand.  

I believe that when Phase II is completed, and the luxe hotel is open, that ROD is going to attract a ton of foreigners in particular to stay in the new hotel.  The Galleria  will always be a place for them and all shoppers to visit, but the traffic is just nuts, including pedestrian traffic.  I'd rather walk to shop at ROD most of the time, and  occasionally taxi / uber over to the Galleria.  just imho

• Like 2

Jealous Houston haters all up in this thread smh

In other forums, a lot of the vitriol I've seen for ROD personally has come from Dallas boosters. I suppose they feel that upscale shopping in Texas is Dallas' thing and they're not too keen on Houston getting some exclusive stores that they're not. ROD could be the best shopping center ever designed in the world, (it's not), and they would still say it pales in comparison to Highland Park Village, (or HPV for short :lol: ).

• Like 2

Savage. My boy spittin hot fire today ladies and gents

Look, Highland Park Village isn't really a center created for high end stuff... It just developed that direction. Hpv has a grocery store and lots of restaurants and I could afford a few spots there haha. ROD was done for the high end purpose. Both are different and nice. I like northpark because it's simple / cool design. Galleria is a massive beast. No need to compare everything.