River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd. & 4702 Westheimer Rd.

I could be way off but...Is this late 1970s interior design revival? I feel like I have seen this before in the mists of time. 

The Shining.

in the hallway picture, I was half expecting to see some twins at the end of the hall. walls are the wrong color, but something about it evoked that to the front of my mind.

KzpLGUM.jpg

• Like 2

Houndstooth?

I get what they are going for and can appreciate something different but the style seems cheapened by the materials and details.

Had the Loofah light shades been those annoying plastic petals you see everywhere it would have been too obvious. I feel like this is a step above that, but hey what's one step better than McDonald's? Chili's.

• Like 2

Perhaps. It's currently on the ROD website.

Well considering the Skyhouse, Wilshire, and Arabella developments on the square commie towers they have in the renderings... I'd assume it's older.

Unless they are generalizing the near by development. But then that would show a much less impressive office tower & mixed use hotel/resi-tower on the left side (Sullivan's).

Edit: It also shows 2100 W Loop as still having those horizontal stripes. Thank god they painted it back to normal!

Edited by Montrose1100
  • Like 3

I'm really frustrated waiting for these restaurants to open.  Seems like their contractors are as slow as molasses.  Toulouse and Le Colonial look to be the closest, and I'm guessing June.  Really mouth watering thinking about each of the 6 or more they've signed up for ROD.  :-(

• Like 1

I have been saying that since day 1...they did it backwards....they should have had the restaurants first to get people to visit the development and bring people to the stores, because as it is now, the place is for the most part, a ghost town no matter the time of day or day of the week (and i know because i DO frequent iPic..)

so yeah...i cannot wait to have some great restaurant choices and to have this place feel really ALIVE! :) 

(also the opening of the Grey House will help i am sure!)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

keep-calm-and-love-food-41.png

River Oaks District readies opening of first of eight new restaurants.

River Oaks District is getting ready to dazzle Houston diners with the first major restaurant opening in the upscale retail/dining/residential complex at 4444 Westheimer.

Toulouse Café and Bar, a brand from the Dallas-based Lombardi Family Concepts, is set to open March 23. The restaurant -- a French bistro serving classic dishes such as escargot, moules-frites, steak and frites, lobster bisque, salad Nicoise, and bouillabaisse – sits in the heart of River Oaks District and will be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Monday through Friday, dinner daily and weekend brunch. This is Toulouse's second restaurant.

After Toulouse, the ambitious collection of restaurants – eight total, as well as a juice bar – will roll out at a fast clip. April will bring the much anticipated opening of Hopdoddy Burger Bar, an Austin import known for its menu of burgers, beers and boozy milkshakes.

April also will bring the arrival of Taverna, another brand from Lombardi Family Concepts, specializing in risotto, handmade pasta, and pizza; and the opening of Steak 48, a modern steakhouse on two levels from brothers Jeffrey and Michael Mastro, based in Phoenix.

In May two concepts will open: Le Colonial, a French/Vietnamese restaurant, and The Porch, a branch of the Dallas-based gastropub. The Porch will feature comfort foods familiar to the south: Pimento cheese dip, brisket sliders, chicken-fried steak, brisket and barbacoa enchiladas and burgers. Le Colonial will be a huge draw with its dramatic two-level space (main restaurant on ground level and a cocktail bar/lounge on the second level. It's the first Le Colonial brand to open in 18 years.

Late summer will bring SumoMaya, a Mexican/Asian fusion restaurant offering a menu of ceviches, sushi rolls, rice and noodle dishes, and tacos. It will be the Scottsdale, Ariz.-based brand's second restaurant.

An eighth restaurant will be announced in the summer.

Already, River Oaks District sports a Flow Juice Bar inside Equinox; and iPic Theaters has already made a splash with itsTuck Room restaurant and bar.

The ROD restaurants, which have their own patios, are spread throughout the luxury retail campus. They each bring something unique to the ROD experience said Colin Moussa, director of marketing.

Edited by monarch
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2016 at 5:12 PM, monarch said:

keep-calm-and-love-food-41.png

River Oaks District readies opening of first of eight new restaurants.

River Oaks District is getting ready to dazzle Houston diners with the first major restaurant opening in the upscale retail/dining/residential complex at 4444 Westheimer.

Toulouse Café and Bar, a brand from the Dallas-based Lombardi Family Concepts, is set to open March 23. The restaurant -- a French bistro serving classic dishes such as escargot, moules-frites, steak and frites, lobster bisque, salad Nicoise, and bouillabaisse – sits in the heart of River Oaks District and will be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Monday through Friday, dinner daily and weekend brunch. This is Toulouse's second restaurant.

After Toulouse, the ambitious collection of restaurants – eight total, as well as a juice bar – will roll out at a fast clip. April will bring the much anticipated opening of Hopdoddy Burger Bar, an Austin import known for its menu of burgers, beers and boozy milkshakes.

April also will bring the arrival of Taverna, another brand from Lombardi Family Concepts, specializing in risotto, handmade pasta, and pizza; and the opening of Steak 48, a modern steakhouse on two levels from brothers Jeffrey and Michael Mastro, based in Phoenix.

In May two concepts will open: Le Colonial, a French/Vietnamese restaurant, and The Porch, a branch of the Dallas-based gastropub. The Porch will feature comfort foods familiar to the south: Pimento cheese dip, brisket sliders, chicken-fried steak, brisket and barbacoa enchiladas and burgers. Le Colonial will be a huge draw with its dramatic two-level space (main restaurant on ground level and a cocktail bar/lounge on the second level. It's the first Le Colonial brand to open in 18 years.

Late summer will bring SumoMaya, a Mexican/Asian fusion restaurant offering a menu of ceviches, sushi rolls, rice and noodle dishes, and tacos. It will be the Scottsdale, Ariz.-based brand's second restaurant.

An eighth restaurant will be announced in the summer.

Already, River Oaks District sports a Flow Juice Bar inside Equinox; and iPic Theaters has already made a splash with itsTuck Room restaurant and bar.

The ROD restaurants, which have their own patios, are spread throughout the luxury retail campus. They each bring something unique to the ROD experience said Colin Moussa, director of marketing.

FYI, gang.  I stopped in to Cafe Toulouse last night to learn that the Chron fueled scuttlebutt about their opening was way premature.  They did NOT open yesterday.  The chef and gm told me 'April 4.'  As a francophile, I can't wait for those mussels, quiche, etc.!!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, imagoman said:

FYI, gang.  I stopped in to Cafe Toulouse last night to learn that the Chron fueled scuttlebutt about their opening was way premature.  They did NOT open yesterday.  The chef and gm told me 'April 4.'  As a francophile, I can't wait for those mussels, quiche, etc.!!

Wha... What?  What are you saying?  Did the Chron misreport something?     In other news, a dog barked at a mailman yesterday.  ;-)