I think Kubiak is a good coach, but lousy at bringing intensity to his team which to me is their biggest issue. I've never seen a team than was so consistently in a position to win games to only choke in the end. Sure some blame goes to player execution, but a lot of that has to do with a coaches mental power over his team and whether they believe they can win in the end. The Texans don't believe it.

Kubiak and his staff also seem to be very slow at adjusting they're game plan at times. They waited until the second to last Titans drive to start a man on man defense and to strt ghosting Young, which I found perplexing.

Bye, Kubiak. It's time for McNair to make a play at Bill Cowher. Dude even said that the Bears and Texans are two teams that "excite him" (according to the NFL Network). The Bears would not have enough money for him because Lovie Smith makes too much money for them to cut him and then try to sign Cowher. The Texans can though...

Our best season ever and not much discussion. Maybe b/c everyone is waiting it out, being cautious?

Anyway, Transco will spell out T-E-X-A-N-S Monday night with their window lights!!!

Nancy has the scoop and picture here: http://blogs.chron.c.../11/post_9.html

I'm sure there will be plenty of people taking pictures of it.

I was at the game last night and am rewatching the game right now. Did anyone see or get a picture of Transco lit up with TEXANS spelled out????

• 3 weeks later...

Texan's Slimmest of chances still alive.

Key Week 15 games

Colts / Jags

Titans / Dolphins

Texans / Rams

Falcons / Jets

Bears / Ravens

Raiders / Broncos

Packers / Steelers

Ideally, we want everyone in the first column to win.... That would result in 6 teams tied at 7-7.

But worst case.. Assuming Broncos win 2 of their next 3, they lock up one of the wild card spots.

And assuming Texans win out...

We are still in it even if only the undefeated Colts win in the above games. If that happened, we would need help in 3 additional games in weeks 16 and 17 to get in by tiebreaker over the Dolphins.

Slimmest of chances... If you pray for one team to lose this weekend, make it the Ravens. They have the easiest of schedule in the final 3 and we really don't want it to come down to praying for an Oakland win over them in the final week.

Edited by Highway6

• 4 months later...

The Schedule was released yesterday and the Texans have three prime-time games. Two Monday Night Football games and one on Thursday night.

Many people think the Texans have one of the toughest schedules in the league.

Tomorrow the draft starts and I think the Texans have the 20th pick and many believe they will be looking for a RB or CB in the first two rounds.

Initial thoughts to the 2010 season/draft/schedule/free agency?

edit:

schedule: http://sports.espn.g...m=hou&year=2010

draft tracker: http://www.nfl.com/d...-team-input:hou

Edited by lockmat

The schedule is something that makes me wonder if the Texans will improve.

Last year, they had the 15th toughest schedule, this year tied with the Titans for the toughest,

on a season where we're supposed to make the playoffs, and since we had a 9-7 record last year, I

wonder if we'll actually improve.

Just as long as we stay mentally tough, healthy, and start the year off good, I think we'll make it, but if we even get close to losing 4 games in a row, again, its over for our playoff hopes. All in all a great season, a great schedule even if challenging, and looking forward to it.

• Like 1

The schedule is something that makes me wonder if the Texans will improve.

Last year, they had the 15th toughest schedule, this year tied with the Titans for the toughest,

on a season where we're supposed to make the playoffs, and since we had a 9-7 record last year, I

wonder if we'll actually improve.

Just as long as we stay mentally tough, healthy, and start the year off good, I think we'll make it, but if we even get close to losing 4 games in a row, again, its over for our playoff hopes. All in all a great season, a great schedule even if challenging, and looking forward to it.

I agree we have a tough schedule, but pre-season schedules are kind of like pre-season rankings. We play in one of the tougher divisions so I understand that, but who knows how things will shake out during the course of the year. I think the team is good enough to be successful with the schedule, but I'm hoping it ends up a little easier than the forecast :).

CJ Spiller or Eric Berry, whoever is available.

Neither was available when the Texans picked at 20. I think they got a solid Cornerback which, along with Running Back, was the biggest need. Hopefully we can get a good Running Back today in Round 2.

Neither was available when the Texans picked at 20. I think they got a solid Cornerback which, along with Running Back, was the biggest need. Hopefully we can get a good Running Back today in Round 2.

Yeah those were kind of the dream picks, but with both being gone in the top 10 it wasn't likely. Too bad the guy they got is from 'bama. Loser.

I didn't watch on tv because I was out to dinner for my anniversary, but it seems like it was kind of a boring draft aside from a couple of picks (Tebow and whoever your team is). Good enough for prime time? I guess so, on a cable channel. I would have watched if I was at home. I will not watch tonight or over the weekend though, so I think maybe this first round move to Thursday will hurt the viewers that normally stuck around for the 2nd-3rd rounds. It's Friday, they'll be out partying.

• 5 months later...

I think we're a decent team, maybe closer to 8-8 than we are a playoff team, I'm not sure. But we really should be 1-2. Washington gave us that game as they had many chances to put us away.

The Texans didn't play horrible against the Cowboys in my opinion, it's just that they made big plays and we didn't. Everyone knew the Cowboys were better than their record indicated anyway.

unfortunately, I still haven't seen the game, but from the game stats the game looks to have been won with turnovers, that and we couldn't convert in the redzone when we were there.

but the numbers were evenly matched, we had 40 yards less through the air, and 20 more on the ground (and Foster rushed over 100 yards on the day, which no single RB has done to the Dallas defense in a long time).

I'm still up on the Texans, and while our secondary still is a work in progress, I think they are getting better, as the Cowboys only threw for 280 yards, and while Romo may not be allstar, the Cowboys receivers are damn close.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great interception. We still have holes but the Texans are making more of the small plays and a few big ones too.

ps - that stadium has been dead all night. Or maybe they just don't have crowd mics but Reliant blows them out of the water.

Edited by lockmat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can someone remind me why we have a professional football team in this town. I can't seem to remember why we built a brand new stadium for a perennial bunch of losers. How many millions of dollars have been spent on the Texans since they started? and what do we get for 9 years? CRAP

We have a winning combination with the offense, but the defense is just atrocious aside from Pollard and Cushing.

You are right about the defense needing improvement. They could use Dom Capers back on the sideline for that, he's doing a damn decent job as def coordinator in Green Bay.

As for the offense, are you sure? Andre Johnson will make just about any QB look good. I'm not sure Schaub is a franchise QB from a leadership standpoint. Look at the differences between Brady/Brees and someone like Romo. Dallas is supposedly the most talented team in the NFL this year. They haven't done anything in years. Brees and Brady are making average talent teams super powers because of the way they lead. Coaching helps for sure, but it's not the only thing (Belichek failed a few times before NE). It's all about the QB, and he's proven he's not going to win those close/late games.