Did you know that the Dallas Cowboys hold the record for superbowl appearances at 8? That's 8 more than the Houston Oilers, and the Houston Texans combined.

Did you know that the Dallas Cowboys share the record, with Pittsburg and San Francisco, for superbowl victories at 5? That's 5 more than the Houston Oilers, and the Houston Texans combined.

Classic. B)

Did you know that the Dallas Cowboys hold the record for superbowl appearances at 8? That's 8 more than the Houston Oilers, and the Houston Texans combined.

Did you know that the Dallas Cowboys share the record, with Pittsburg and San Francisco, for superbowl victories at 5? That's 5 more than the Houston Oilers, and the Houston Texans combined.

Keep em coming. I've got more stats for you. :lol:

Oh wow. So you have to go back to the the 70's to try to prove your point? How about in combined sports, Houston has more championship wins and appearences than Dallas.

Besides, the last time the Cowboys won a Super Bowl, I was sleeping in my Power Ranger pajamas. Faded memories...

Edited by Trae

The Pro Bowl doesn't mean a thing, so you can grasp on to that if you want. How about we see who made the All-Pro team:

Dallas Cowboys:

Terrell Owens

DeMarcus Ware

Jason Witten

Flozelle Adams

Leonard Davis

Houston:

Mario Williams

DeMeco Ryans

Yeah, you sure showed me something! . . .Thanks for helping me out.:lol: Trae, as I stated to you before, in another thread. . .just be proud of HOSTING championships, I'll be proud of a tradition of WINNING Championships.

Red, these guys need some help. :lol: Keep em coming.

ESPN Classic is now the number 1 rated channel in Dallas!

:lol: Good one. That's the best one, so far.

Oh wow. So you have to go back to the the 70's to try to prove your point? How about in combined sports, Houston has more championship wins and appearences than Dallas.

No one said you couldnt go back to when the Oilers/Texans had a Super Bowl appearance/win.So you change the thread to combining sports to prove your point.But your right,the title is misleading,"Texans winning"? Winning what?

Dallas Cowboys:

Terrell Owens

DeMarcus Ware

Jason Witten

Flozelle Adams

Leonard Davis

Houston:

Mario Williams

DeMeco Ryans

Yeah, you sure showed me something! . . .Thanks for helping me out. :lol: Trae, as I stated to you before, in another thread. . .just be proud of HOSTING championships, I'll be proud of a tradition of WINNING Championships.

Red, these guys need some help. :lol: Keep em coming.

:lol: Good one. That's the best one, so far.

Winning? When was the last time Dallas won a championship? Some tradition there. And I posted that link to show that the Pro Bowl is a joke. If the Texans didn't have most of their players on IR (most in the league) more would have made the team. Andre Johnson has the most yards per catch out of any WR in the NFL and was on pace, before injured, to have a 2000 yard, 22 TD season.

No one said you couldnt go back to when the Oilers/Texans had a Super Bowl appearance/win.So you change the thread to combining sports to prove your point.But your right,the title is misleading,"Texans winning"? Winning what?

The Oilers history in history has been taken to Tennessee, so take that up with the Tennheads. Since the Oilers have left, the Cowboys have done nothing at all. Not a single playoff win.

Go to the Cowboy's official page and look at their records for their first decade of existence. You'll see some striking simularities between the two clubs. Landry coached the Cowboys to five Super Bowls (two wins) but their first 8 years they sucked hard and went from sucky to mediocre.

Anybody want to guess who the most popular NFL team is (as well as responsible for selling the most merchandise/memorabelia)? . . I'll give you a hint. . .It ain't either of the ones from Houston!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Da...t?urn=nfl,47568

Keep em coming!

Edited by 713 To 214

Anybody want to guess who the most popular NFL team is (as well as responsible for selling the most merchandise/memorabelia)? . . I'll give you a hint. . .It ain't either of the ones from Houston!

Keep em coming!

That's because all that garbage keeps getting set on fire every year by all those embarrassed fair weather fans. And the next year they buy all that sht again, because they are too stupid to learn that they will just be throwing it all away next year,

:lol:

BTW, note the date on that article, genius. I bet they have sunk lower on the list since last Sunday. :D

Edited by Mister X

Keep em coming!

Wow, you've been reduced to bragging about how many blue and silver foam fingers you bought last year?

Man, y'all have achieved first class suckage status, if that's what they brag about in Dallas these days.

Keep em coming!

That's true but do you know what city is responsible for the NFL starting the collective bargaining agreement? Houston... After the 78 and 79 seasons the Oilers were making so much money from their merchandise that the rest of the league was jealous. Thus you have the collective bargaining agreement. The Oilers were almost solely responsible for game item giveaways (pom poms) which are now in use in most cities. Also, they quickly becoming a hated organization among the leagues fan base, so don't get to proud of your merchandising. Your living off the past (with merchandising), and if the Cowpukes don't get their crap together soon their screwed.

By the way... It would be great if we could put together all of the nicknames mentioned here for the Cowpies.

By the way... It would be great if we could put together all of the nicknames mentioned here for the Cowpies.

I agree, we should even have a contest to see who can think of the best derogatory nickname for the cowgirls. If mine wins, I would gladly give the credit to 214/713 for reviving this thread and for his encouragement and inspiration.

I've seen so many good ones lately, I'm sure that if we really tried we could spread the nickname throughout the internet so thoroughly, that it would become a household word in a matter of days.

But, from what I've seen around the world wide web, 'cryboys' is taking off like wildfire. I love that photo of Tony Romo sobbing on the field after last year's spectacle and this year's teary eyed T.O. photos.

Ain't life grand. :P

Here's another stat for you, the dallass area has been selling a record number of Kleenex ever since last Sunday's ass kickin'.

What's even funnier to me is that the cowchicks fans (at least here) are reacting in a completely different fashion than would a Texans fan. Texans fans would be cursing the team, and screaming "off with their heads" had we lost in that fashion. We most certainly wouldn't be reacting like this, in fact, I can't think of any city that would react in this way. LONG LIVE THE COWBALLS!

Anybody want to guess who the most popular NFL team is (as well as responsible for selling the most merchandise/memorabelia)?

Just as McDonalds sells the most hamburgers, Dominos sells the most pizza, Starbucks sells the most coffee, American Idol is the most popular TV show, and Microsoft sells the most operating systems.

Popularity and sales volume do not equal quality.

But next year they will be playing in an inclosed building (most of the time - no doubt), so God must be starting to get tired of looking at them and dealing with them. I think God stopped caring about the cowballs about 12 years ago and made the Patriots his new favorite team.

Edited by Mister X

What's even funnier to me is that the cowchicks fans (at least here) are reacting in a completely different fashion than would a Texans fan. Texans fans would be cursing the team, and screaming "off with their heads" had we lost in that fashion. We most certainly wouldn't be reacting like this, in fact, I can't think of any city that would react in this way. LONG LIVE THE COWBALLS!

That's just on here. But on the Zone and on CF, most Cowboy fans are not taking it well but have moved on and talked about what we need to do next year to improve. As a Cowboy fan, I never bring up the 5 rings thing or history unless I really really have to. But that subject did not nered to be brought up in this discussion. Hopefully we improve on the draft with our two draft picks. Or, we made trade our two draft picks to Miami for their number 1 pick. We have alot of cap room to work on and we need another receiver. Glenn is done. I like that we may get Fitzgerald or Roy Williams.