Schaub was very dissapointing today. The offense did not try to get Andre the ball enough.

Has anyone else noticed the only time we go for a home run is on play action? We've gotta mix it up.

Yea I do not see why we can not get AJ the ball more. something the Texans need to work on.

I watched it all taped. I don't forward between plays, only commercials, but I couldn't help myself at the end when I basically knew it was over.

Am I the only one who gets knots in the stomach when watching them? They get me so excited and give me hope, especially w/ the great D at the beginning of the game and then score a TD and come close again (Owens drop at 5 yrd line).

My day is ruined for about five minutes and then I remember it's just a game.

It appears the bloom is off the rose. Even Richard Justice....who pimped for the Texans to draft Young....now admits VY blows. Nashville fans are screaming for Kerry Collins to start over Young. Kerry Collins! Yesterday, even the "Vince Young Fan Club", also known as ESPN, finally had to admit that Young is not very good.

Frankly, not one of the over-hyped Class of 2006 Draft has been all that great...until you get to 2nd rounders like DeMeco Ryans.

In honor of tomorrow's Texans game against the Titans, you should check out this:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/28/...n-all-of-sport/

Hard to describe the video. Other than it explains who the Titans were in Greek mythology. In a way that is funny and scathing.

I'm not sure the outcome could have been any different even w/o the injury to Schaub. I don't know if it's him or the playcalling, but I just feell like our offense is stagnant. Maybe my expectations are too high?

Any comments about Mr. Mario anyone?

If Jacoby didn't fumble that punt and had just fair catched, the Texans would have won. We were only down by four at that point, but JJ's dumb ass mistake gave the Titans a short field to get an easy TD. The defense could have held them to three points though, but the blame is to Jacoby on that one. Also, he dropped a third down conversion pass and made it fourth down, forcing the Texans to punt. Gosh darn.

• 2 weeks later...
I am now ready to debate anyone who thinks we should have drafted Vince Young...or Reggie Bush. :D

Hopefully, the Kordell, errrr, Vince lovers will be mercifully absent from 610 for the rest of the season.

Edited by CDeb

So, does anyone here think the Texans will finish with a wining record, or at least .500? There's always hope. . .right?

________________________________________________________________________________

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?sectio...&id=3158823

Texans hope strong finish can propel them to best season so far

Associated Press

Updated: December 17, 2007, 6:07 PM ET

Email

Print

HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans still have a lot to work for despite being eliminated from playoff contention.

One more win in these last two game would give them the best record in franchise history. If the Texans (7-7) win both games they'll post their first winning record.

It won't be easy though, as Houston finishes this season with AFC South foes Indianapolis and Jacksonville.

Andre Johnson, who was drafted by the Texans before their second season in 2003, thinks a winning record would give the team momentum for success next year and beyond.

"In order for you to be a successful football team, you have to just take steps toward our goal and that's getting to the playoffs and then eventually one day winning the Super Bowl," Johnson said. "So we have to start off by having a winning season and that's something we've never had and we're going to work toward getting that these last two games."

A win Sunday would mark the first time the Texans have had a three-game winning streak in one season. They had a four-game winning streak earlier this year, but it stretched over two seasons.

Last year's top overall pick Mario Williams, said it's time for Houston to post a winning record. The defensive end has had nine sacks in the last five games to push his season total to 13, which leads the AFC.

"That's what I was drafted for," Williams said when asked about finishing with a winning record. "I feel like I have to be accountable to my teammates and this organization to go out and try to help us win a game and get a winning season."

Defensive end N.D. Kalu believes the team is motivated to finish strong and as an 11-year veteran he'll remind his younger teammates of the importance of these last two games.

"It just solidifies the fact that we're playing for pride," Kalu said. "We're playing for the city of Houston to have a winning football team, we're playing for the owner of the team to have a winning football team and we're trying to keep jobs." . . . .

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Edited by 713 To 214

Last year's top overall pick Mario Williams, said it's time for Houston to post a winning record. The defensive end has had nine sacks in the last five games to push his season total to 13, which leads the AFC.

Sound's like he's figuring it out. I love the way he's climbed out of the hole everyone tried to put him in.